Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waldorf -Anything of value?

Question Waldorf -Anything of value?

The HHO weekend at Waldorf sounded so exciting.

What useful information came out of it?

Did folks who drove a long distance jump out of their cars with great MPG results?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    The HHO weekend at Waldorf sounded so exciting.

What useful information came out of it?

Did folks who drove a long distance jump out of their cars with great MPG results?

BoyntonStu
    I saw this on watercar

[IMG][/IMG]

The guy bugs me. I've seen him on YouTube and other places. He keeps going on about all the naysayers and skeptics... Why would the naysayers show up to an event that they already think is bogus?

Regardless, cool video and nice conference!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    The guy bugs me. I've seen him on YouTube and other places. He keeps going on about all the naysayers and skeptics... Why would the naysayers show up to an event that they already think is bogus?

Smack with all of his experience claimed a 16% increase in his drive to Wadorf using his 4th generation cell, EFIE, etc.

What is giving the 16%? HHO, moisture, or EFIE?

I am almost there with 10 cents worth of duct tape for air restriction.

In his video, Smack accepts as true, the claim of a 33% increase with 1/3 LPM by another experimenter. Believable?

Smack then shows a diesel that is supposedly doubling its mileage 100% from 6 MPG to 12 MPG.

Diesels are an interesting case. I read an article that said diesels idle a lot and that a lot of HHO would help the fuel consumption at idle.

Let's say you start with a full diesel tank and idle away, and then drive a short distance. Increased MPG? definitely!

Let's hear what Zero reports.

(Smart scarecrow told me on the phone that HHO would not increase MPG and that he had given up trying.)

What do you think?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post

Who bugs you?

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post

(Smart scarecrow told me on the phone that HHO would not increase MPG and that he had given up trying.)

What do you think?

BoyntonStu
    I am also now of the belief that HHO is not really viable as a means of increasing MPG. I do think there are other great uses for HHO, like my portable welding torch. Who knows, perhaps eventually somebody will have a breakthrough. For now though, if somebody is getting better mpg either with EFIE, moisture or duct-tape, then great. At least you can see some sort of results. Me, I will keep watching the forums to see where the technology goes, but I have given up on getting better MPG myself.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    I am also now of the belief that HHO is not really viable as a means of increasing MPG. I do think there are other great uses for HHO, like my portable welding torch. Who knows, perhaps eventually somebody will have a breakthrough. For now though, if somebody is getting better mpg either with EFIE, moisture or duct-tape, then great. At least you can see some sort of results. Me, I will keep watching the forums to see where the technology goes, but I have given up on getting better MPG myself.
    As far as working on newer cars i must agree

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    As far as working on newer cars i must agree
    Not sure I understand what a new car vs. old car has to do with it. You either have to trick the ECU into running lean or you lean out a carburettor with different jets. Either way it is still an internal combustion engine.

I have no problem getting my EFIE to lean out the engines, but I don't feel safe doing so as my EGT's climb really fast. If I hook up the HHO my EGT's do tend to be lower, but the load on the engine is higher and as such I see no gains in MPG. If other people feel safe running a higher EGT then go for it. I don't!

I am considering boyntonstu's duct-tape over the air intake, but I routinely drive in the mountains and need that extra power. I may do this with some sort of butterfly valve that I can adjust on the fly.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    Not sure I understand what a new car vs. old car has to do with it. You either have to trick the ECU into running lean or you lean out a carburettor with different jets. Either way it is still an internal combustion engine.

I have no problem getting my EFIE to lean out the engines, but I don't feel safe doing so as my EGT's climb really fast. If I hook up the HHO my EGT's do tend to be lower, but the load on the engine is higher and as such I see no gains in MPG. If other people feel safe running a higher EGT then go for it. I don't!

I am considering boyntonstu's duct-tape over the air intake, but I routinely drive in the mountains and need that extra power. I may do this with some sort of butterfly valve that I can adjust on the fly.

Great!

I would like you and a few others to succeed using air restriction.

Once we all get a base of MPG improvement, we can together proceed to the next level.

BTW With air restriction the EGT should be lower because there is less charge.

Instead of super-charging we are under-charging.

BoyntonStu

I have to admit that I got more from non-HHO generator related information at the show. Plasma spark is definitely a technology that is crying out for fine tuning, I will tell you all now, until you've seen a plasma spark IN PERSON you haven't seen a thing, videos do it NO justice at all. To see this guys plasma setup igniting a cold mist of water in a brilliant blinding flash of every colour in the rainbow and flaming out of the device is just awe inspiring. Plasma could be used to possibly ignite just water, but it also gives an excellent avenue for more complete combustion of gasoline, which is what we're trying to achieve with HHO. Imagine, a usable plasma spark system coupled with vapourised fuel.

HHO definitely has the possibility of increasing gas mileage, however, in a lot of cases so much of it is needed to make a difference that generating that much is not feasable until the science is advanced.

ZeroFossilFuel was running his test rig consisting of a B&S flathead 5hp engine coupled to an alternator which was driving the HHO unit and some high wattage lights. Later on in the day, I went over to his test and waited politely for him to finish one of his test runs and then asked if he had any interesting data from previously in day, he replied in a gruff rude voice "Yes I do" and walked away without even looking me in the face. Oh well.

I did see his sheet where he had penciled his results sitting on a bench, he was getting approximately 6 1/2 minutes runtime on just gasoline and slightly over 7 with the addition of HHO.

I felt sorry for SmartScarecrow, he was attempting to fire up his example engine running on HHO but was having nothing but problems with backfires all day. Despite this, I had a brief friendly chat with him and shared a joke.

There were very few people with anything to show reference HHO in an ICE. The gentlemen with the plasma spark had achieved a 15% increase on his van with just HHO, however, he had added fuel vapourisation and then had to drop his HHO to 1/8th of a LPM to avoid predetonation under load.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO