Thread: Measuring gas production

Measuring gas production

Does anyone have a good method to measure the rate of gas production? I know of the litter bottle method - timing how long it takes to fill 1 liter.

I'm looking for a method that can continuously measure gas production. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Does anyone have a good method to measure the rate of gas production? I know of the litter bottle method - timing how long it takes to fill 1 liter.

I'm looking for a method that can continuously measure gas production. Any thoughts?
    I know u have been following the other thread on this.

the biggest problem is with both gases mixed and the heat and evaporation of the water, which throws off most meters.

I tried modding a oxy flow meter, but once it heated up, the reading was of.

I just use the bottle method.

But haven't been doing much with HHO lately cause of broken leg and lack of room in my experiment (spare- full) room, but my next is using two 99.9% nickels, see what they do, but then back to the dry cell i was working on, while i was laid up, with no power, just sitting the gaskets leaked all the electrolyte - took at least a month to leak 1 liter but still leaked.

good luck with finding, modding a meter - i want to look into a low flow paddle type.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.