Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Damage From Hho Use???

scirockett Guest
    yes, it may prime the system when you open the door, but I couldn't imagine it would stay running unless the motor is running. Prime period is usually two seconds, and they do it with door open now because there is no ignition on anymore, just push the button. so there has to be a way to prime the system now with the lack of a 'key on position', and that's with the door.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I haven't hooked HHO up to the Touareg yet. That spark plug came from my Jetta. I replaced the plugs in my Jetta about 10,000 miles ago. The HHO has been running for about 2 months. I've been leaning out my fuel with Adaptation channels for about 2 weeks.

donsimpson12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger2.3 View Post
    I wonder the same thing, because I have a truck with at least 400,000 miles on it and I don't know if it can take the stress of more explosive fuel being injected into the cylinders.

I would have to contribute to this one.. It really depends on the amount of HHO that you are introducing to the engine.

If you take an engine with high mileage like yours and put a new hot rod cam in it, it'll run better, but your rolling the dice on the bottom end of the engine holding up.... I've done it and also seen it happen many times..
    ;-)

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Based on the two attached photos I would say that my engine is running pretty good. Not lean, not rich. I also peeped into the spark plug hole and inspected the piston surface on my Jetta. The Piston had a thin coating of blackish stuff all over it but it had some bare spots where the "Wash" happened near the valves and spark plug. That is an indication of NORMAL ignition based on all my internet research.

If the engine was running rich i would see a mostly shiny metal surface where the fuel washes the deposits off my piston. Sort of like you take a grinder to the surface.

If the engine was running lean you would see a heavy black buildup on the surface of the piston with no "Wash" (Thumbnail sized clear spots near the ports and spark plug).

There is no indication that I'm running a dangerously rich or dangerously lean mixture in my engine based on visual inspection of the spark plugs and piston surface.

Bluebus Guest

Question bluebus

I first started using my hydrogen generator, just two days ago! I can say I dont think that I have Totaled my motor in my vanagon, yet I found that it did get very Hot to the point it Boiled! Now the oil pressure light comes on on occasions.Does anyone have any input out there with what I may be doing wrong?

daveczrn Guest
    check your oil maybe?

why not tell us alittle about your car and setup.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    That's funny.

It's so obvious a thing to say. Engine is overheating, Oil light came on.

Solution:

Check your Oil...

I have not seen any difference in my engine temperature, Before HHO, using HHO without Fuel System mods, or with HHO and Fuel System mods. No engine temp differences at all...

daveczrn Guest
    alright so the worse case i can think of with how you have your HHO setup is that it boiled the water... you ran alot of water through a cylinder and it blew a head gasket. Check your oil and see if there is any water in it, as well check your antifreeze and see if there is any oil in it. either of the two exist i would get the engine worked on right away.

and i would not say that your vehicle was hurt from HHO use... More inproper use.

if you wanted to keep using HHO i would redesign your generator so that it works properly, then install it back inthe car.

1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 Liter V6

OK... I had been running HHO for about 6 weeks. I didn't feel like I had a very good baseline of pre-HHO MPG data, so 2 weeks ago I turned it off. I drove to work 2 days ago, everything fine in the morning, but driving home, I had an obvious miss. At idle the engine was vibrating pretty bad, & under a load like climbing a hill was a lot worse. I checked the obvious things like spark plug wires, which by the way, was replaced along with the spark plugs & coil, 5 months ago, before I knew what HHO was.

The way my air intake is designed, it comes in from the driver's side & curves down to the center of the engine, so the 3 fuel injectors for the driver's side are pretty well covered & inaccessible due to the manifold. I described this because the other 3 are easily accessible, & to check them, I was unplugging them 1 by 1 to see if there was a difference in the missing engine. All 3 injectors on the passenger side made the miss worse, & the puffing at the exhaust worse. So, at this point, I decided to take it to Ford for diagnoses/repair. I just got the call that 3 fuel injectors are bad. Which ones? I asked. The 3 under the manifold... as luck has it.

I'm not sure if the HHO could be the culprit here, but first off suspected not. Then I was wondering, & if anybody knows this, I'm all ears. Do the injectors enter the cylinder above the piston, or do they actually spray the valve on the air manifold side? If they go to the manifold, I'd say there is probably no way HHO could be the cause, but on the cylinder side, the increased explosive force may have been too much for the 141K mile injectors. Why only on the driver's side? I don't know, but maybe because it has a shorter flow path, although it appears the manifold is tuned to be the same length going to both sides of the engine.

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Dennyk159
    1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 liter V6
    Modified Smack design installed 6/20/08
    Modest gains of about 1.5 MPG (17.8 to 19.3)
    No sensor controls (yet)

If you've been running with HHO for a while, your engine computer might of made some adjustments which caused this. You might want to try disconnecting the battery for 15-20 mins before spending any money.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO