Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Damage From Hho Use???

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that. Although I only waited about 5 minutes rather than 20...
    1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 liter V6
    Modified Smack design installed 6/20/08
    Modest gains of about 1.5 MPG (17.8 to 19.3)
    No sensor controls (yet)

walkingeagle37 Guest
    [QUOTE=Smith03Jetta;7219]One way to make sure you are not running lean on heavy acceleration is to adjust the acceleration adaptation channel to push in more gasoline when you are accelerating only. At cruising speed the ECU will drop back to the primary and secondary fueling channels to control a lean fuel mixture.

Your comments are well thought out. I've also wondered what would happen if I set my engine lean and I'm stranded off somewhere and my HHO device quits producing GAS. I would need to go back and reprogram my ECU for the ride home or risk running lean for a while with no Hydrogen to support the lean mixture. That would call for an on-board fuel management system or I would need to keep my Laptop and OBD-II cable with me if I'm very far from home.

Actually, the above part of your post is what interests me the most. I've been experimenting and running hho for over a year now with quite positive results on most vehicles. But, what I am looking for is a way to reprogram the ECU to MY parimeters without having to pay a small fortune to program each individual vehicle.

If anyone knows how I can obtain the necessary software for my laptop, it would be most appreciated.

I'm afraid the right way to do this may not interst you. The truly right way is to buy a programmer and then go to someone who knows what they are doing, writes custom programs and has a dyno. They can by dyno testing optimize your fueling curve for different conditions. There is no one way that is a perfect fit for all cars. There is also no absolutely safe way you can do this without this type of testing if you want to get all the fuel savings you can safely and reliably. My son had custom tunes written for his F-150 with aftermarket exhaust and intake. This absolutely optimizes your engines performance for all operating conditions. He has a program for towing, a program for high octane fuel and another to optimize regular gas. If you had custom tunes like this developed for your vehicle you could have one for HHO and one without. If your cell quits working you just plug in the programmer and change tunes. His tuner is an SCT.

Dave Nowlin

Gary Diamond Guest
    [QUOTE=walkingeagle37;24369]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    One way to make sure you are not running lean on heavy acceleration is to adjust the acceleration adaptation channel to push in more gasoline when you are accelerating only. At cruising speed the ECU will drop back to the primary and secondary fueling channels to control a lean fuel mixture.

Your comments are well thought out. I've also wondered what would happen if I set my engine lean and I'm stranded off somewhere and my HHO device quits producing GAS. I would need to go back and reprogram my ECU for the ride home or risk running lean for a while with no Hydrogen to support the lean mixture. That would call for an on-board fuel management system or I would need to keep my Laptop and OBD-II cable with me if I'm very far from home.

Actually, the above part of your post is what interests me the most. I've been experimenting and running hho for over a year now with quite positive results on most vehicles. But, what I am looking for is a way to reprogram the ECU to MY parimeters without having to pay a small fortune to program each individual vehicle.

If anyone knows how I can obtain the necessary software for my laptop, it would be most appreciated.
    My 2 cents is, with in a year we will max out on the best output from a HHO generator then what?

Well the next big challenge will be the car computer and that will open up a whole new business for some very smart guys out there.

Of course if the price of gas goes up so will the speed of this comming to be

RE: Electrolyte damage to intake manifolds

There exists the very real threat of destroying anything aluminum (intake manifold for example) by way of introduction of caustic fumes. I recently saw some great photos online (I can't remember if they were here, or if they were at HHOUnderground forum. For quite sometime we all have been convinced that our bubblers clean up the gas, and they do: the outside of the bubbles. That still leaves the inside of the bubbles which contain electrolyte. Think of the bubbles as a container made out of exactly what we do not want in our motors! So, here's a paradigm: if you cant light up a torch from your HHO device and observe a colorless (ultraviolet) light, you've got some cleaning to do in your production. If it is yellow (NaOH) or a different color from KOH for example, your burning K or Na. Which, of course brings into play the concept of better filtration. I forget which user found the problem, but he removed the MAP sensor, and found white crust (caustic corrosion) throughout the intake. I am currrently not running HHO in my motor till I play around with scrubbing (which, at first seems relatively simple to beat, however creating flow restrictions within the line isn't good either). Fine screens at the bottom of your bubbler made of stainless steel will help break the bubbles up. I am experimenting with a chamber that starts with a very fine steel wool mesh, progresses to those polymer (fine grade) scrub pads, and finishes with a 90,000 thread count per inch (no fluff) microfibre cloth. My gas then goes into a chamber of dry, hard and inert beads of non-reactive silica. Last, it just goes into a chamber. An empty chamber, sort of a water collector.

It should be noted that this is not HHO damage, this is electrolyte residue damage.

* note - I could be wrong about the flame test, i suppose it is possible that no hydroxides are making it the flame. If in fact the flame shows the presence of Na, and or K - but NOT caustic soda, then my theory does not hold true. However, once you play with filtration, you do see the flame color change, so it's somewhere to start.

Good luck All

[QUOTE=Gary Diamond;24384]
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingeagle37 View Post
    Well the next big challenge will be the car computer and that will open up a whole new business for some very smart guys out there.
    Do you mean tweaking the computer itself? Mods? they seem popular already.

I'm a lowtech solution provider, rip all the gear off, throw on a carb, run HHO and a wood gasifier in the back of the truck. WWII technology with an HHO twist lol

Kyle,
    I believe you were referring to my MAF with the corrosion.
    Your bubbler idea sounds OK, except for the 'steel wool' part. It will dissolve and make a mess. Use S/S wool instead. It's pricey, but it won't rust up on you.

Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

My filter

Despite a bunch of wishes and hopes, my filter didn't work out so well. On the other hand, it's pretty difficult to determine how well it's working, too... especially if the flame test is the only measure. i suppose it only lets you know if there is sodium (in my case) in the flame and eliminating all of that, is fairly unlikely. It was your story... I took the whole issue up with my old chem prof tonight, and also an entirely other subject (that ironically got me piping up too much opinion, apparently, at nick's site, cause it got my IP banned) - which is to say, What is all in the gas we're burning? I think it's pretty fair to say that the jury is still out on that one. In a Hoffmans device you know what's there, in a dry cell (unless in a serious lab environment with control factors you don't)

I figure though, one decent test will be to buy a cheap gasjob genny and run the heck out of it, knowing all the while it had vulnerable parts (aluminum) and just see what happens. of course one sort of needs a reason to do that in the first place! I might set up an offgrid friend with a chinese genset and drycell and have him do just that, put a full season in on it see what happens after having developed what I think is a good scrubber.

you can get scotchbrite stainless scrubbers from wallyworld, and shove them into secondary bubbler, to scrub it...

Damages by HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    There is a myth out there that HHO use can damage your vehicle.

Other than those urban legends about people who have left their HHO Device running and cranked up the vehicle causing the heads to blow up, are there any substantiated stories of anybody damaging a vehicle with normal HHO use?

Has anybody cracked a piston?

Has anybody had to rebuild their engine because of it?

I would like to put an end to this myth once and for all. It is either a damaging thing to do to your engine or it is beneficial.

I don't want to hear arguments that it won't damage your vehicle. I want undeniable proof that using HHO has damaged a vehicle and what the circumstances were. If anybody has the name of a vehicle owner who's car was damaged, please let me know.

Hi, I installed few HHO systems on some cars, and here are damages (so far):

1. On one 3.0 turbo diesel (180PSI) foam from hho enetr into turbo charger an destroy it.

2. On one turbo diesel vapour from HHO gas destroy intercooler - it made holes on it like swiss cheese from Tom&Jerry.

3. On MB 2.7 CDI (170PSI) HHO was detonating in intake just before entering the engine (probably by fire entering from exhaust by EGR) and blow of plastic intake with holes like granate...

not to mention than once drop from electrolyte (KOH) went in my eye and I still can not recover from burn .....