Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats new in HHO since i have been gone?

I have since turned the flow down. 5 LPM was max I ran. I had too much trouble. The truck idled at 25 MPH and 1000 RPM's. I am now only running 2 LPM until Painless finshes his new PWM that will adjust based on fuel injector pulse width.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

nvtowing Guest
    H2OPWR,

A little of topic.. But, if i remember right.. One of the "proof" of concepts that HHO is contributing to a vehicles performance is to at idle: turn HHO on, adjust the idle/carb to very low rate, and the vehicle will supposedly idle far lower than it would normally with fuel only..

Have you or anyone confirmed this?

Quote Originally Posted by nvtowing View Post
    H2OPWR,

A little of topic.. But, if i remember right.. One of the "proof" of concepts that HHO is contributing to a vehicles performance is to at idle: turn HHO on, adjust the idle/carb to very low rate, and the vehicle will supposedly idle far lower than it would normally with fuel only..

Have you or anyone confirmed this?
    Sorry but that test is not possible for me to do. The idle is controlled by the ECU and the throttle is drive by wire.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

nvtowing Guest
    Larry, Thanks for your response. I'd be interested to see results from this test (if anyone has tried it):

Run HHO at idle, tune to as lowest RPMs possible.... Then cut out HHO and see if engine dies, or if it will idle even lower w/o HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by nvtowing View Post
    Larry, Thanks for your response. I'd be interested to see results from this test (if anyone has tried it):

Run HHO at idle, tune to as lowest RPMs possible.... Then cut out HHO and see if engine dies, or if it will idle even lower w/o HHO.
    I can tell you that my truck idles at 625 RPM's woth no HHO or up to 2 LPM HHO. After that it goes up. Not sure if it is the HHO or the ECU interference. Just that it happens.

Larry

Do yall think that in the long run, all of us will be needing something that changes the amount of HHO being produced per RPM level? I mean, the hho needed at 800 RPM is different than the amount of HHO needed at 2400 RPM. OR, are we simply just dialing back the gas as much as we can, and supplementing that with whatever amount that our generator can crank out? Both methods would seem to make sense. On the one hand, you would think that you need more HHO for more RPM's, just like gasoline. On the other hand, HHO is far more flamable and if we already dialed back on the gas, the preset amount of HHO should be enough, right...? I mean we aren't building a hot rod here. We are trying to turn our gas guzzlers into eco-commuters. Well, compared to what they were, anyway.

HomeGrown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    2 lpm is now childs play. Much has changed in the last year.

Larry
    Interesting stuff! I've also been absent for about the last year, and was wondering the same thing: what's changed?

By what virtue do you get your massive LPM output? Is it primarily cell design, electrolyte mixture, electronic controls, or some combonation of them?

I had built a nice tubular cell, but life happened, and could not continue development. At this point, I'm not sure my cell is worth pursuing if other cell configurations have been proven to be more efficient.

Is there now a universally accepted cell design, or are people still playing with various plate configurations / electrolyte mixture / current, etc.?

Thanks for your posts, and getting us back up-to-speed.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    2 lpm is now childs play. Much has changed in the last year. Take a look at my last video 8.5 LPM with 2 small cells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-u3...e=channel_page

Larry
    What's your plate configuration??