Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats new in HHO since i have been gone?

Whats new in HHO since i have been gone?

Been out of the loop for... i think about a year now. Back then we were using stainless steel plates, and Roebec Caustic drain cleaner as the cheap best. The limit for just about everyone's hho generator was about 2 liters per minute. Has that changed at all? That is given what a typical car's electrical system can take, of course. After all im sure you could build a 10 LPM unit if you had the power to feed it. Just wondering what all advances have come along in the past year. If any.

What about a change in the LPM? Is 2 LPM still pretty much the limit?

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    What about a change in the LPM? Is 2 LPM still pretty much the limit?
    2 lpm is now childs play. Much has changed in the last year. Take a look at my last video 8.5 LPM with 2 small cells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-u3...e=channel_page

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Sorry i left out some specifications lol. I meant for a vehicle application. I dont think a vehicle's electrical system could hanlde an 8 LPM load. Or maybe it could? Anyone know?

Sorry i left out some specifications lol. I meant for a vehicle application. I dont think a vehicle's electrical system could hanlde an 8 LPM load. Or maybe it could? Anyone know?
    Mine can but I have upgraded to a 265 amp alternator. You are correct though. Most can not.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

So do you know if your big bad alternator is draining MPG? Seems like it would be very hard to turn it. Also, what other mods did you have to do to get your car's electrical system to be able to support that kind of load? Anything besides the alternator?

So do you know if your big bad alternator is draining MPG? Seems like it would be very hard to turn it. Also, what other mods did you have to do to get your car's electrical system to be able to support that kind of load? Anything besides the alternator?
    No, The alternator is more effecient than stock and only uses HP when a load is applied. No other mods were necessary on my particular truck. I actually have a 20% MPG increase with just HHO. No other mods.

Larry

Sounds pretty nice. But that is absolutely all that you did to the vehicle's electrical system? You didn't have to replace any wires, or fuses, or relays with bigger better ones? And how much did that huge alternator cost, if you dont mind? And how many LPM is your vehicle's generator cranking out? Just trying to learn what all i am going to have to do to my '87 silverado.

Sounds pretty nice. But that is absolutely all that you did to the vehicle's electrical system? You didn't have to replace any wires, or fuses, or relays with bigger better ones? And how much did that huge alternator cost, if you dont mind? And how many LPM is your vehicle's generator cranking out? Just trying to learn what all i am going to have to do to my '87 silverado.
    For my application I did not have to change anything else. My truck already had large enough wore from the alternator to the battery. For most applications that wire would have to be upgraded. I had to have my alternator specially make because there were no off the shelf applications for my truck so it was quite spendy. For more common vehicles like your truck off the shelf HO Alternatore are between $300 and $400.

The cell on my truck cam provide up to 7 LPM but I never run it over 5 LPM.

Larry

That is a lot of hho for that small of an engine. I estimated that much for my 5.7L V8 would be needed to see a decent gain in MPG. Ever worry about valve embrittlement? You may end up having to replace the valves in your cylinder heads with stainless steel versions.