Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those performance flash chips...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Those performance flash chips...

My idea for getting past all the computer/O2 sensor problem was those little performance upgrades called superchips. Specifically a brand called diablo chips. Typically, you go to the local speed shop and they "Flash" the chip to match your engine's needs. This can be done for any computerized vehicle. Well instead of saying "hey guys, i am going to need you to flash this to get the best performance out of these cylinder heads and my new supercharger".... couldn't we say something like "Hey guys flash this so it leans back the fuel when the 02 sensor detects (this much) oxygen."?

Basically, couldn't they just program the little superchip to work with our HHO generator? If worked out the way i am thinking, you would overcome about 5 common problems with one inexpensive action. Well, somewhat inexpensive. I think they charge about $200 to tune and flash a car/superchip for you. But if you could do it all at once like that, it would be well worth it. Then all you would have to do is sit back and enjoy the MPG gains.

Yes!

we are working in this direction also- the obd II will only take a small adjustment... please keep us posted on what you find. Thanks

I still have a lot of reading and learning to do before i would even know what to tell the guys at the speedshop who would be programming the chip. For instance i just learned today (from this forum) that some people are having trouble with their HHO generator not "gearing down" for lack of a better term. In short, they need the generator to sort of make less HHO at idle, and increase as RPM's increase. Although, i think this is a problem to be solved outside of the vehicle's computer system. Sounds like they just need some kind of electronic regulator (possibly built into the PWM) that keeps track of RPM's (it could work off the ignition coil) and increases or decreases voltage as needed. I saw that one guy here was having problems with his idle being way to high cause the generator wont produce less when he is idling.

What else can yall think of? I need the complete list. Please help me think of any and all things that you think the chip could possibly help with. I personally know of two things it could do, it could overcome the O2 sensor problem as well as defeat the computer. Though this is likely all the same problem.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    I still have a lot of reading and learning to do before i would even know what to tell the guys at the speedshop who would be programming the chip. For instance i just learned today (from this forum) that some people are having trouble with their HHO generator not "gearing down" for lack of a better term. In short, they need the generator to sort of make less HHO at idle, and increase as RPM's increase. Although, i think this is a problem to be solved outside of the vehicle's computer system. Sounds like they just need some kind of electronic regulator (possibly built into the PWM) that keeps track of RPM's (it could work off the ignition coil) and increases or decreases voltage as needed. I saw that one guy here was having problems with his idle being way to high cause the generator wont produce less when he is idling.

What else can yall think of? I need the complete list. Please help me think of any and all things that you think the chip could possibly help with. I personally know of two things it could do, it could overcome the O2 sensor problem as well as defeat the computer. Though this is likely all the same problem.
    On my HHO system, the generator is controlled by a switch that plugs into the vacuum line. At idle or low acceleration (i.e. idling or cruising) whenever the MAP reads below 5 inches, the switch is open, and no HHO production occurs. As soon as you hit the accelerator, the switch closes, in turn switching on a power relay which powers the generator, producing gas once again. You really don't need the HHO on all the time. Just my opinion.

George

It is possible to make the ecu put out a 5v signal whenever the rpm passes a given value., just like a shift light.

If anyone has a 88-00 Honda or Acura and wants to experiment with a chipped ecu pm me, I can help with this. It is quite easy to change the Air Fuel Ratios and to retard the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Tyrrell View Post
    It is possible to make the ecu put out a 5v signal whenever the rpm passes a given value., just like a shift light.

If anyone has a 88-00 Honda or Acura and wants to experiment with a chipped ecu pm me, I can help with this. It is quite easy to change the Air Fuel Ratios and to retard the timing.
    Have you had any kind of good results with it?

my only idea would be to somehow use the signal from the throttle position sensor to control the amperage going to the HHO generator. This could probably be done by a slight modification to a Pulse Width Modulator.

For instance i just learned today (from this forum) that some people are having trouble with their HHO generator not "gearing down" for lack of a better term. In short, they need the generator to sort of make less HHO at idle, and increase as RPM's increase. Although, i think this is a problem to be solved outside of the vehicle's computer system. Sounds like they just need some kind of electronic regulator (possibly built into the PWM) that keeps track of RPM's (it could work off the ignition coil) and increases or decreases voltage as needed. I saw that one guy here was having problems with his idle being way to high cause the generator wont produce less when he is idling.
    A better idea! instead of lowering the amount of hho produced at lower rpms and idle, the fuel should be reduced. and as the rpms rise and the HHO generator cannot keep up more fuel can be added to compensate.

But this sounds like its a job for a complete tuning where you have the ability to adjust the AFR and the Timing seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by soda_pop503 View Post
    A better idea! instead of lowering the amount of hho produced at lower rpms and idle, the fuel should be reduced. and as the rpms rise and the HHO generator cannot keep up more fuel can be added to compensate.

But this sounds like its a job for a complete tuning where you have the ability to adjust the AFR and the Timing seperately.
    You have an interesting point here. Perhaps if one were to chip the ecu they should aim to be leaner at idol and richer at higher rpm while keeping the volume of hho constant. Quite easy to do with a chipped ecu!

Chips

Anyone here actually use one of the HHOkitsdirect chips? Its a great pitch but to be frank it seems too well set up to market and that sets me off the product a bit. I have yet to find reviews elsewhere about their chip.

http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/mileage...-generator.php

I may contact them in a few weeks once I get my gen up and we will see how their customer service is. I also want to see if they will let me return it if I am not happy with the results.