Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those performance flash chips...

Those performance flash chips...

My idea for getting past all the computer/O2 sensor problem was those little performance upgrades called superchips. Specifically a brand called diablo chips. Typically, you go to the local speed shop and they "Flash" the chip to match your engine's needs. This can be done for any computerized vehicle. Well instead of saying "hey guys, i am going to need you to flash this to get the best performance out of these cylinder heads and my new supercharger".... couldn't we say something like "Hey guys flash this so it leans back the fuel when the 02 sensor detects (this much) oxygen."?

Basically, couldn't they just program the little superchip to work with our HHO generator? If worked out the way i am thinking, you would overcome about 5 common problems with one inexpensive action. Well, somewhat inexpensive. I think they charge about $200 to tune and flash a car/superchip for you. But if you could do it all at once like that, it would be well worth it. Then all you would have to do is sit back and enjoy the MPG gains.

Yes!

we are working in this direction also- the obd II will only take a small adjustment... please keep us posted on what you find. Thanks

I still have a lot of reading and learning to do before i would even know what to tell the guys at the speedshop who would be programming the chip. For instance i just learned today (from this forum) that some people are having trouble with their HHO generator not "gearing down" for lack of a better term. In short, they need the generator to sort of make less HHO at idle, and increase as RPM's increase. Although, i think this is a problem to be solved outside of the vehicle's computer system. Sounds like they just need some kind of electronic regulator (possibly built into the PWM) that keeps track of RPM's (it could work off the ignition coil) and increases or decreases voltage as needed. I saw that one guy here was having problems with his idle being way to high cause the generator wont produce less when he is idling.

What else can yall think of? I need the complete list. Please help me think of any and all things that you think the chip could possibly help with. I personally know of two things it could do, it could overcome the O2 sensor problem as well as defeat the computer. Though this is likely all the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    My idea for getting past all the computer/O2 sensor problem was those little performance upgrades called superchips. Specifically a brand called diablo chips. Typically, you go to the local speed shop and they "Flash" the chip to match your engine's needs. This can be done for any computerized vehicle. Well instead of saying "hey guys, i am going to need you to flash this to get the best performance out of these cylinder heads and my new supercharger".... couldn't we say something like "Hey guys flash this so it leans back the fuel when the 02 sensor detects (this much) oxygen."?

Basically, couldn't they just program the little superchip to work with our HHO generator? If worked out the way i am thinking, you would overcome about 5 common problems with one inexpensive action. Well, somewhat inexpensive. I think they charge about $200 to tune and flash a car/superchip for you. But if you could do it all at once like that, it would be well worth it. Then all you would have to do is sit back and enjoy the MPG gains.
    Take a look at this, they claim it replaces EFIEs. I am trying one out on my 2005 Honda Civic with a dry cell:

http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.ya...aver--fs1.html
    Fuel Saver - FS1
    Fuel Saver - FS1
    Item# FS1
    Regular Price: $89.95
    Sale Price : $59.95
    Select Vehicle:
    Availability: Usually ships the same business day.
    Product Description
    Save money at the pump!

Color May Vary (Blue/Black)

How does it work?
    The Volo DSF Chip works by an exclusive process of Dynamic Soft-Flashing the ECU.

Each DSF Fuel Saver comes programmed with a highly tuned map and a set of EPROM addresses that directly affect fuel efficiency. When the ECU attempts to read the specific EPROM address, the Volo Chip patches the factory value with one from its tuned map.

Built on the same platform as our popular VP11, the FS1 utilizes the same exclusive patching algorithms to increase fuel efficiency across the map by up to 18%.

Easy Installation!
    Locate the OBD-II port, use the included connectors, and you're done.

ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS : Please verify your vehicle is OBD-II compliant before making a purchase.

Recommended by HHO users!

Hi

I have a bit of experiance chipping honda/acura computers. When you re map a computer you can change the ignition and fuel tables. This alows you to compensate for the faster burn rate of hho by retarding the timing. It also alows you to directly change the air fuel ratio. Insted of modefing all the sensors, just chip the ecu!

Generally it is easy to chip the obd1 ecus. The obd2 ones are more difficult. The solution for honda/acura is to run a older ecu with the help of an adapter harness.

Another option is to buy an aftermarket ecu. You can plug these in to a computer via usb and allow you to make changes on the fly. They also come with programmable outputs (good for pwm control??)

As for the throttle interface with the pwm, someone could easily interface the two. Most of the time the throttle position sensors use a simple 0-5V signal.

Hope this helps.

Ok next question... Anyone done any of this stuff, who might have some results that we could see?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Tyrrell View Post
    Hi

I have a bit of experiance chipping honda/acura computers. When you re map a computer you can change the ignition and fuel tables. This alows you to compensate for the faster burn rate of hho by retarding the timing. It also alows you to directly change the air fuel ratio. Insted of modefing all the sensors, just chip the ecu!

Generally it is easy to chip the obd1 ecus. The obd2 ones are more difficult. The solution for honda/acura is to run a older ecu with the help of an adapter harness.

Another option is to buy an aftermarket ecu. You can plug these in to a computer via usb and allow you to make changes on the fly. They also come with programmable outputs (good for pwm control??)

As for the throttle interface with the pwm, someone could easily interface the two. Most of the time the throttle position sensors use a simple 0-5V signal.

Hope this helps.

The advantage of the aftermarket ecu is the ability to run the vehicle w/ or w/o hho- the leaner settings could cook a motor... G Wiseman advocates running the 3 AC phases from the alternator, rectifying and running higher voltage/ lower amperage cells that are capacitive amperage limited- this pairs hho output to RPM well. His EFIE design is working well in my OBD I...

Howdy guys,

First results on the Honda Civic 2005 below. It has a dry cell and the FS1 chip installed. The normal mileage is 25/city, and 34/highway. My son has it on a trip to Atlanta, and his highway mileage is running at 40mpg, a 17.6% increase. Not great, but not bad. Took the efies off, and it is running with the chip only modifying the ECU.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Sargent View Post
    Take a look at this, they claim it replaces EFIEs. I am trying one out on my 2005 Honda Civic with a dry cell:

http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.ya...aver--fs1.html
    Fuel Saver - FS1
    Fuel Saver - FS1
    Item# FS1
    Regular Price: $89.95
    Sale Price : $59.95
    Select Vehicle:
    Availability: Usually ships the same business day.
    Product Description
    Save money at the pump!

Color May Vary (Blue/Black)

How does it work?
    The Volo DSF Chip works by an exclusive process of Dynamic Soft-Flashing the ECU.

Each DSF Fuel Saver comes programmed with a highly tuned map and a set of EPROM addresses that directly affect fuel efficiency. When the ECU attempts to read the specific EPROM address, the Volo Chip patches the factory value with one from its tuned map.

Built on the same platform as our popular VP11, the FS1 utilizes the same exclusive patching algorithms to increase fuel efficiency across the map by up to 18%.

Easy Installation!
    Locate the OBD-II port, use the included connectors, and you're done.

ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS : Please verify your vehicle is OBD-II compliant before making a purchase.

Recommended by HHO users!

I thought that EFIe's technically wouldn't work (at least not alone) because the computer gets wise that it's being fooled? And then it simply quits listening to the 02 sensor cause it thinks something is wrong with it?

The ECM seemed to be overcoming my efies, which is why I switched over to the VOLO chip. In addition, I was concerned about over-leaning the engine and ruining it. The chip seems to be working in concert with the ECM with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    I thought that EFIe's technically wouldn't work (at least not alone) because the computer gets wise that it's being fooled? And then it simply quits listening to the 02 sensor cause it thinks something is wrong with it?