Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Those performance flash chips...

I have a bit of experiance chipping honda/acura computers. When you re map a computer you can change the ignition and fuel tables. This alows you to compensate for the faster burn rate of hho by retarding the timing. It also alows you to directly change the air fuel ratio. Insted of modefing all the sensors, just chip the ecu!

I just got my VOLO FS II HHO chip today and I will be curious how it works with my HHO system. It seems much easier and more efficient then screwing around with an EFIE set up.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    I still have a lot of reading and learning to do before i would even know what to tell the guys at the speedshop who would be programming the chip. For instance i just learned today (from this forum) that some people are having trouble with their HHO generator not "gearing down" for lack of a better term. In short, they need the generator to sort of make less HHO at idle, and increase as RPM's increase. Although, i think this is a problem to be solved outside of the vehicle's computer system. Sounds like they just need some kind of electronic regulator (possibly built into the PWM) that keeps track of RPM's (it could work off the ignition coil) and increases or decreases voltage as needed. I saw that one guy here was having problems with his idle being way to high cause the generator wont produce less when he is idling.

What else can yall think of? I need the complete list. Please help me think of any and all things that you think the chip could possibly help with. I personally know of two things it could do, it could overcome the O2 sensor problem as well as defeat the computer. Though this is likely all the same problem.
    I am looking into buying a HYDRO GAS system on ebay whereas there is a FS2 chip that connects directly the the ECM Control. I have seen many of their systems for sale on ebay and only 2 that use the FS2 that flashes a number of the computer functions and them works with the computer rather than trying to fool it. It is the only system that I have seen and they seem to have beaten this problem. I am buying one and will further evaluate it.

Cool. good luck for all

1992 Buick Century 3.3ltr

Is it possible to order a fs1, fs2, or fs,3 that will work on a 1992 Buick Century with a 3.3 liter. I looked it up and they hook into the obd-II connection and I have that connection. Has anyone tried these on a car that's older than 1996 with any luck? I don't want to fry the existing computer or ruin my motor but I would like to use one of these if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by smallfish View Post
    I have a bit of experiance chipping honda/acura computers. When you re map a computer you can change the ignition and fuel tables. This alows you to compensate for the faster burn rate of hho by retarding the timing. It also alows you to directly change the air fuel ratio. Insted of modefing all the sensors, just chip the ecu!
    How do you get around the problem of the o2 sensors and switchpoints while in closed loop operation? Do you just force open loop or what.

While in closed loop operations the the o2 sensors switch from 14.5-14.9 and the fuelling is constantly being adjusted so that the o2 sensors read in the range.

i got one of those volo chips and it did nothing for my s10 they did take it back. but i got it thru ebay so they really had no choice.