Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those performance flash chips...

Cool. So what kind of car and engine is it? And what kind of gains are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    Cool. So what kind of car and engine is it? And what kind of gains are you seeing?
    2005 Honda Civic, 1.7l, auto trans. EPA hwy=34, getting 40 with Volo chip, +17.6% increase, haven't checked city yet. On my 2007 Honda Accord, EPA city=23, I'm getting 28, 21.7% increase. Haven't checked hwy yet.

G Wiseman advocates running the 3 AC phases from the alternator, rectifying and running higher voltage/ lower amperage cells that are capacitive amperage limited- this pairs hho output to RPM well.

Can anyone direct me to more info on this alternator mod.

Flashing the chip, although the most diffacult to do, is probably the answer to using HHO.

Any one use a vaporizer or water injection in combination with HHO and leaner gas/air racios.
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

Quote Originally Posted by John Sargent View Post
    2005 Honda Civic, 1.7l, auto trans. EPA hwy=34, getting 40 with Volo chip, +17.6% increase, haven't checked city yet. On my 2007 Honda Accord, EPA city=23, I'm getting 28, 21.7% increase. Haven't checked hwy yet.
    You gotta watch those EPA ratings though. They are generally skewed. My mom's 07 accord four door gets 28MPG with no HHO generator. I tested it when i was considering an accord for myself...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    I still have a lot of reading and learning to do before i would even know what to tell the guys at the speedshop who would be programming the chip. For instance i just learned today (from this forum) that some people are having trouble with their HHO generator not "gearing down" for lack of a better term. In short, they need the generator to sort of make less HHO at idle, and increase as RPM's increase. Although, i think this is a problem to be solved outside of the vehicle's computer system. Sounds like they just need some kind of electronic regulator (possibly built into the PWM) that keeps track of RPM's (it could work off the ignition coil) and increases or decreases voltage as needed. I saw that one guy here was having problems with his idle being way to high cause the generator wont produce less when he is idling.

What else can yall think of? I need the complete list. Please help me think of any and all things that you think the chip could possibly help with. I personally know of two things it could do, it could overcome the O2 sensor problem as well as defeat the computer. Though this is likely all the same problem.
    On my HHO system, the generator is controlled by a switch that plugs into the vacuum line. At idle or low acceleration (i.e. idling or cruising) whenever the MAP reads below 5 inches, the switch is open, and no HHO production occurs. As soon as you hit the accelerator, the switch closes, in turn switching on a power relay which powers the generator, producing gas once again. You really don't need the HHO on all the time. Just my opinion.

George

It is possible to make the ecu put out a 5v signal whenever the rpm passes a given value., just like a shift light.

If anyone has a 88-00 Honda or Acura and wants to experiment with a chipped ecu pm me, I can help with this. It is quite easy to change the Air Fuel Ratios and to retard the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Tyrrell View Post
    It is possible to make the ecu put out a 5v signal whenever the rpm passes a given value., just like a shift light.

If anyone has a 88-00 Honda or Acura and wants to experiment with a chipped ecu pm me, I can help with this. It is quite easy to change the Air Fuel Ratios and to retard the timing.
    Have you had any kind of good results with it?

I have not yet installed HHO on a Honda. I will be attempthing this in the comming weeks.

That Volo fuel saver sounds interesting. i might have to try one on my Savanna van i use for work. Lately i suspect my van has been running in closed loop because my mileage has gone down to 9.5 MPG. (i forget which is which closed loop or open loop that is full rich.) I wonder if the Volo would correct that issue also.
    Would you have to remove the Volo every time you want to pull codes?

John Sargent,

Did you happen to take a exhaust Gas Temp reading before and after installing the Volo?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    That Volo fuel saver sounds interesting. i might have to try one on my Savanna van i use for work. Lately i suspect my van has been running in closed loop because my mileage has gone down to 9.5 MPG. (i forget which is which closed loop or open loop that is full rich.) I wonder if the Volo would correct that issue also.
    Would you have to remove the Volo every time you want to pull codes?

John Sargent,

Did you happen to take a exhaust Gas Temp reading before and after installing the Volo?
    No, I didn't, sorry. Closed loop is the efficient one, open loop the full rich. I use a handheld scanner to clear ECM codes, don't think the Volo chip does that.