Thread: dry cell vs. wet cell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marmq02431 Guest

dry cell vs. wet cell

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to all of this HHO stuff. I have read up on the stuff in my spare time for quite a while and think I understand the wet cell and how it works pretty well. The dry cell however is new to me and I was wondering if anyone could give me an explanation of how a dry cell works and differs from a wet cell in the way it produces HHO.

#2 -In addition to the explanation I am interested to know the pros and cons of each system style and your guys' opinions on which is better.

Much appreciated in advance!

Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

marmq02431 Guest
    thank you for that. I went and read the posts and looked at your dry cell....so question -if a dry cell does not sit in the water like a wet cell does, how exactly does it create hho and from what? I think that is what i have been unclear on. I have seen lots of comments and pictures about them, but nothing that has indicated to me exactly how they work.

thanks in advance again

Quote Originally Posted by marmq02431 View Post
    thank you for that. I went and read the posts and looked at your dry cell....so question -if a dry cell does not sit in the water like a wet cell does, how exactly does it create HHO and from what? I think that is what i have been unclear on. I have seen lots of comments and pictures about them, but nothing that has indicated to me exactly how they work.

thanks in advance again
    with a dry cell u still have the SS plates and the electrolyte goes in through a tube that is hooked up a reservoir and HHO goes out the same tube or another.

check pic
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Ok pretty much the plates are squished together with gaskets and there's holes drilled in each one, the reservoir sits above the cell and gravity feeds water down into the cell through a hole and everything separates within the cell and comes out another hole and bubbles into the reservoir.

wentlanv Guest

dry cell vs wet cell

So, then where does the KOH, electrolyte enter the picture?

Thanx