Thread: Another site dor MMW calc

Another site dor MMW calc

Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Here's an up dated MMW calc.

http://prophecyworld.net/Calculator/

Is there any explanation to these calculators anywhere???

Why doesn't Charles' Gas laws apply to it? (when you plug in Temp variables does not effect MMW) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_laws

How is plate Numbers relevant to MMW...?

clay85044 Guest

What is MMW

Hello, I new to the HHO relm. I have yet to build my first gen but I am currerntly gathering material. I have several question about these device, and one is what is MMW and why is important?
    Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by clay85044 View Post
    Hello, I new to the HHO relm. I have yet to build my first gen but I am currerntly gathering material. I have several question about these device, and one is what is MMW and why is important?
    Thank you for your help.
    MMW can tell you how well your cell works. (efficiency) How much gas can your cell produce with a certain amount power.
    MMW = ___ Milliliter of gas, in 1 Minute of time, with 1 Watt of power.

The calculator above is does not seem correct when comes to temperature correction. ( It might be a specific calculator to be used with a temperature adjusted flow meter ????

clay85044 Guest
    I see, as I review different HHO gen i tend to watch for low amp draw with high liter production. So finding the MMW is basically reviewing your machine under a microscope. Is that about right?

"MMW" is just another name for Moles/Energy. It's basically how much gas you produced, using X amount of energy. If I were to create 3 liters of gas in one minute, using 12V, 30Amps, my MMW would be 8.333.

i.e. 3000mL / 1 minute / (12V*30A) = 8.333.
    Or as a formula: milliliters * (60/Seconds) / Power Used

That's all MMW is. Scientists would call this "moles per Joule", with a mole being a certain number of molecules, and a Joule being a unit of energy, i.e. 1 Watt powered for 1 second(a Watt Second).

To everyone else, I think we really should move away from "MMW", and use Moles/Joule. Some people don't take us seriously with "made up" units.

MMW is ok as a comparison, other than the big variations brought on by temperature differences. For MMW to be a valid 'apples to apples' comparison, temperature of the GAS needs to be measured and used to convert LPM into something more useful such as moles produced or perhaps converted to represent a true LPM at a fixed temperature.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

clay85044 Guest
    OKay, joules, now your talking my language. So in the end what is the number that people are shooting for?
    Also last week i saw a video from a Swiss guy who used a SS marine cable in a water bath. He was comparing amp draw of that and plates ( welded tube if I remember correct). The amp draw on the cable was remarkable less, and from the video a good amount of gas was created. But in the end I have not been able to contact him or find a responce on the amount of gas created. Has anyone seen this? Any thought about this aproach?

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post

That's all MMW is. Scientists would call this "moles per Joule", with a mole being a certain number of molecules, and a Joule being a unit of energy, i.e. 1 Watt powered for 1 second(a Watt Second).

To everyone else, I think we really should move away from "MMW", and use Moles/Joule. Some people don't take us seriously with "made up" units.
    How would Moles/Joules vs MMW change anything?