Thread: how much hho can safely be storred in a container

how much hho can safely be storred in a container

i'ld like to store the hho from my generator in a stainless steel container. its an emergancy eye wash container with a tube that goes to the bottom of the tank. I plan on partly filling the tank with water and pulling vacuum on the tank. the hho will go down the tube and bubble up into the tank through the water.my question is how safe would this be? could too much hho in a tank become explosive?

Ronjinsan Guest
    I suppose it depends on what you are using the HHO for and the environment its in! It will always be explosive, but if treated properly and used with the correct aparatus it should be quite safe. Remember the only time it becomes dangerous is when its free from the container, any spark to it then WILL make it explode. Whether it can get back into the bottle with the flame is the question?

gasmakr Guest
    there is no reason to store it... you can make it on demand. that is the advantage over a pressurized hydrogen system like the ones the car makers are trying to push for the future. Why store it when you can make it whenever you need it.

storing

If you did store it and then later attempt to inject more than a small amount, it would burn a hole in your pistons. Current engines are not designed to withstand the heat that burning alot of hydrogen would create. Small amounts is ok, but to much and your asking for major problems unless you have special rings and pistons.

Ronjinsan Guest
    I dont entirely agree with that concept. Firstly the on demand thing is a pipe dream. There is no way you could produce enough on demand to run your car. (Not by this method anyway). Secondly there is no reason that you shouldnt run a car on Hydrogen gas, specially in its composite form with oxygen too. Properly metered it will be as efficient as anything else and should stay cool too as it returns to its fluid form.

gasmakr Guest
    Quite right Ron. the only way you could run such a configuration is to use some type of cooling agent such as water injection or alcohol & water injection....Drag racers use this for keeping detonation at bay and keeping the pistons from getting one of those nasty holes in those super high performance engines