Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Hydrogen MPG

Question

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I am not sure about HHO but from what I can find 1 liter of hydrogen weighs
    .1543 pounds. So it would take 6.48 liters of hydrogen to make a pound. only 50% of HHO is hydrogen so 13 liters of HHO to het 1 lb of hydrogen. As for the rest of your question. There is no answer because it depends on the input watts. I could have a 1 MMW cell and make 1 lb of hydrogen is 1 second if I hit the cell with enough watts. With my current set up I make a lb of hydrogen in well under 2 minutes. I simply do not get what point you are trying to make with this question.

Larry

Larry,

Liquid HHO or gaseous HHO?

That is exactly my point.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Larry,

Liquid HHO or gaseous HHO?

That is exactly my point.

BoyntonStu
    So much for your point. It is possible and I for one beleive that someday we could and may accually accomplish this.

Stu, How long would it take you to make 1 pound of gasoline in your garage. With no oil well. We already have the ability to make hydrogen and no ability to make gasoline.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Question

So much for your point. It is possible and I for one beleive that someday we could and may accually accomplish this.

Stu, How long would it take you to make 1 pound of gasoline in your garage. With no oil well. We already have the ability to make hydrogen and no ability to make gasoline.

Larry
    What is the source of the fuel to make the electricity in your garage?

Is it coal, natural gas, oil, solar, wind or ?

BoyntonStu

P.S. We can make gasoline out of algae oil.

What is the source of the fuel to make the electricity in your garage?

Is it coal, natural gas, oil, solar, wind or ?

BoyntonStu

P.S. We can make gasoline out of algae oil.
    In Alaska the obvious source of electricity is mostly natural gas. It is just burned off from many oil wells. That is not the point at all. The point is simple. We could do it and it is acheivable. There are many ways to get electricity. Wind and solar would be the prefered method but that point is mute. Honda is now testing home refuling stations to refill the FX Clarity fuel cell vehicle over night in peoples garage. They are testing a prototype now. They already offer home refueling stations for the Civiv CNG car they sell. And yes I know they using natural gas to make the hydrogen. They are investigating using electrolosis as is BMW.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Question

In Alaska the obvious source of electricity is mostly natural gas. It is just burned off from many oil wells. That is not the point at all. The point is simple. We could do it and it is acheivable. There are many ways to get electricity. Wind and solar would be the prefered method but that point is mute. Honda is now testing home refuling stations to refill the FX Clarity fuel cell vehicle over night in peoples garage. They are testing a prototype now. They already offer home refueling stations for the Civiv CNG car they sell. And yes I know they using natural gas to make the hydrogen. They are investigating using electrolosis as is BMW.

Larry
    Why not just burn the natural gas in your car?

NG is currently being used in many truck fleets.

It is a complete waste of energy to use the NG to make electricity and then use the electricity to make HHO.

Assuming an efficiency of 7 MMW, it still doesn't make any logical sense.

BoyntonStu

I think we should also consider peoples individual motives for choosing a hydrogen fuel source:

Is it:

A) To reduce the cost of fuel production and hence each mile they drive.

Or:

B) To reduce the impact on the environment.

Or:

C) Both.

Whilst everyones points are valid, I believe there is a bigger picture here than just to save money or do something as cheaply as possible.

The ideal infrastructure, in my mind, would be everyone being self sufficient for electricity production (wind / solar / water power / hamster in a wheel) and to tailor the rest of our lives around this infrastructure. If we were all producing our own electric, an electric car would be an ideal answer (with required battery technology), the DC motor is 80+ % efficient at converting electrical energy into torque.

My point is, it all depends on your perspective.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I think we should also consider peoples individual motives for choosing a hydrogen fuel source:

Is it:

A) To reduce the cost of fuel production and hence each mile they drive.

Or:

B) To reduce the impact on the environment.

Or:

C) Both.

Whilst everyones points are valid, I believe there is a bigger picture here than just to save money or do something as cheaply as possible.

The ideal infrastructure, in my mind, would be everyone being self sufficient for electricity production (wind / solar / water power / hamster in a wheel) and to tailor the rest of our lives around this infrastructure. If we were all producing our own electric, an electric car would be an ideal answer (with required battery technology), the DC motor is 80+ % efficient at converting electrical energy into torque.

My point is, it all depends on your perspective.

Russ.
    Russ,

My goal is to save energy; not to waste energy.

If energy is saved, the environment is protected.

What I am against, is false science, false energy savings, and wasting energy.

I am enthused about algae oil because it eats CO2 and it is a renewable source of oil. It is possible to produce 10,000 gallons of algae oil per acre.

People need to ask ourselves, "How much HHO is required to equal a gallon of gasoline?"

IMHO Until this question is understood, we will not get anywhere.

BoyntonStu

P.S. Hydrogen is NOT a fuel SOURCE.

Hydrogen is a fuel CARRIER (like a battery).

I am done responding to this BS. Either beleive in HHO or cancel your obvious plans to profit from it. Anything else is criminal.

Larry

Why not just burn the natural gas in your car?

MG is currently being used in many truck fleets.

It is a complete waste of energy to use the NG to make electricity and then use the electricity to make HHO.

Assuming an efficiency of 7 MMW, it still doesn't make any logical sense.

BoyntonStu

Question

I am done responding to this BS. Either beleive in HHO or cancel your obvious plans to profit from it. Anything else is criminal.

Larry
    Larry,

HHO gas is great for flame soldering, brazing, cutting, and light welding.

An HHO generator makes an interesting science toy, (as are home built Sterling engines).

Why is everything so black and white for you?

BoyntonStu

P.S. Why would you waste NG to make HHO instead of directly using it in your car?

[QUOTE=BoyntonStu;29531]Russ,

My goal is to save energy; not to waste energy.

If energy is saved, the environment is protected.

What I am against, is false science, false energy savings, and wasting energy.

I am enthused about algae oil because it eats CO2 and it is a renewable source of oil. It is possible to produce 10,000 gallons of algae oil per acre.

BoyntonStu

QUOTE]

Absolutty agree with this Stu. Keep up the good work.

We do need to hold ourselves to a high standard of accountablity. Its to easy to sucked into hype-ville. This is worth repeating IMO.
    "What I am against, is false science, false energy savings, and wasting energy"