Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liquid Hydrogen MPG

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Russ,

My goal is to save energy; not to waste energy.

If energy is saved, the environment is protected.

What I am against, is false science, false energy savings, and wasting energy.

I am enthused about algae oil because it eats CO2 and it is a renewable source of oil. It is possible to produce 10,000 gallons of algae oil per acre.

People need to ask ourselves, "How much HHO is required to equal a gallon of gasoline?"

IMHO Until this question is understood, we will not get anywhere.

BoyntonStu

P.S. Hydrogen is NOT a fuel SOURCE.

Hydrogen is a fuel CARRIER (like a battery).
    Stu,

I personally want to save money while saving our environment.

I agree the algae is very promising, however, we should also consider that it is still a hydrocarbon and will still produce emissions. More efficient burning will reduce emissions, however, I don't think it could equal the emission free combustion of hydrogen produced from a green source. I hope that the fuel derived from the algae turns out to be a good enough quality to allow full breakdown of the molecular chains and hence efficient combustion.

Once again, it's about personal choice. I'm not saying that hydrogen is the energy of the future, we simply don't have the knowledge yet to make that a definite fact.

I realize that hydrogen is not a fuel source, but anything that creates it is... I was referring to peoples choices of sources of hydrogen.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Stu,

I personally want to save money while saving our environment.

I agree the algae is very promising, however, we should also consider that it is still a hydrocarbon and will still produce emissions. More efficient burning will reduce emissions, however, I don't think it could equal the emission free combustion of hydrogen produced from a green source. I hope that the fuel derived from the algae turns out to be a good enough quality to allow full breakdown of the molecular chains and hence efficient combustion.

Once again, it's about personal choice. I'm not saying that hydrogen is the energy of the future, we simply don't have the knowledge yet to make that a definite fact.

I realize that hydrogen is not a fuel source, but anything that creates it is... I was referring to peoples choices of sources of hydrogen.

Russ.
    Russ,

Can you think of any other fuel that eats CO2 and can produce 10,000 gallons of oil per acre?

Isn't CO2 the major emission concern?

Hydrogen: Do you believe that we can produce Hydrogen to fuel a car with less energy waste than other methods?

Russ,

Can you think of any other fuel that eats CO2 and can produce 10,000 gallons of oil per acre?

Isn't CO2 the major emission concern?

Hydrogen: Do you believe that we can produce Hydrogen to fuel a car with less energy waste than other methods?
    Stu,

What is the ratio of CO2 produced vs. CO2 consumed in production per gallon of algae oil? It would be great if mainstream use of this fuel could fix our current pollution levels whilst drastically reducing or even eliminating ongoing emission concerns.

As for hydrogen, current methods of production could never achieve the levels that are required to run a vehicle sized ICE. However, plasma interaction with water to both split water and combust the produced H and O to achieve piston pressure does show promise.

Russ.

Question

Stu,

What is the ratio of CO2 produced vs. CO2 consumed in production per gallon of algae oil? It would be great if mainstream use of this fuel could fix our current pollution levels whilst drastically reducing or even eliminating ongoing emission concerns.

As for hydrogen, current methods of production could never achieve the levels that are required to run a vehicle sized ICE. However, plasma interaction with water to both split water and combust the produced H and O to achieve piston pressure does show promise.

Russ.
    Russ,

Good questions, and answers are needed.

I will keep my eyes open for the data.

As to plasma:

What pressure has been achieved per input energy?

Has anyone ever measured the force of a piston pushed by water/plasma?

BoyntonStu

Russ,

Good questions, and answers are needed.

I will keep my eyes open for the data.

As to plasma:

What pressure has been achieved per input energy?

Has anyone ever measured the force of a piston pushed by water/plasma?

BoyntonStu
    Stu,

When I have my misfire issue sorted, I plan to design and build a test rig that will allow me to measure the exerted force from the plasma water explosion. Not decided how I am going to do the actual measuring yet though, I was thinking that I could create some kind of barrel out of which I could shoot a projectile of known mass and use height / distance to calculate the force.

Russ.

Question

Stu,

When I have my misfire issue sorted, I plan to design and build a test rig that will allow me to measure the exerted force from the plasma water explosion. Not decided how I am going to do the actual measuring yet though, I was thinking that I could create some kind of barrel out of which I could shoot a projectile of known mass and use height / distance to calculate the force.

Russ.
    Russ,

A .22 Cal plasma rifle?

How about a simple cylinder/pressure gauge?

BTW You may find this interesting/inspiring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzEqfRVeOA

BoyntonStu

Russ,

A .22 Cal plasma rifle?

How about a simple cylinder/pressure gauge?

BTW You may find this interesting/inspiring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzEqfRVeOA

BoyntonStu
    I suppose that the oil, as well as providing less friction, also increases the air pressure seal around the pellet.

I do have a PSI gauge from an air compressor, that might be a good avenue!

Exclamation

I suppose that the oil, as well as providing less friction, also increases the air pressure seal around the pellet.

I do have a PSI gauge from an air compressor, that might be a good avenue!

Actually, not so.

The heat of the compressed air causes the oil to ignite (like in a Diesel) and the increased pressure drives the pellet velocity to above the speed of sound.

That is why it is called a "Dieseling pellet".

BoyntonStu

truckman1966 Guest
    Russ,

My goal is to save energy; not to waste energy.

If energy is saved, the environment is protected.

What I am against, is false science, false energy savings, and wasting energy.

I am enthused about algae oil because it eats CO2 and it is a renewable source of oil. It is possible to produce 10,000 gallons of algae oil per acre.

People need to ask ourselves, "How much HHO is required to equal a gallon of gasoline?"

IMHO Until this question is understood, we will not get anywhere.

BoyntonStu

P.S. Hydrogen is NOT a fuel SOURCE.

Hydrogen is a fuel CARRIER (like a battery).
    Then go buy a damn bike and quit wasting your own energy dragging everyone else down on the site. now i remember why i haven't been on here in over a month