Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need the low down on home depot wall plates.

brotherdoc Guest
    Handy box covers are not stainless.

Check your local electrical supply house. I found SS blanks for $.89/ea.

mikestrikes Guest
    Lowes and Home Depot is out of them around here............ Hmmmm I wonder why.

brotherdoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestrikes View Post
    Lowes and Home Depot is out of them around here............ Hmmmm I wonder why.

Same here.

HomeGrown Guest
    If at all possible, get them from Lowe's. I've heard the ones from Home Depot are slightly magnetic, where as the ones from Lowe's are supposedly a better grade stainless and fully non-magnetic. Grab a magnet from the tool department if you forget to bring one with you.

mikestrikes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
    If at all possible, get them from Lowe's. I've heard the ones from Home Depot are slightly magnetic, where as the ones from Lowe's are supposedly a better grade stainless and fully non-magnetic. Grab a magnet from the tool department if you forget to bring one with you.
    The ones at Lowes says on the back 304ss.......... but they only had ones with the cutouts for plugs or switches.

And Lowes and Home Depot only had the plastic junction boxes, couldnt find one made with glass filled plastic.....

Jaxom Guest
    I've been unable to find the blank plates too, so I'm just using the switch covers. You lose a touch of surface area to the switch cutout but at least they're cheap and easy to come by.

humbug Guest
    has anyone been able to produce 1.5 lpm or more of hho gas under 30 amps with switch cover

Jaxom Guest
    Yes. Preliminary testing of my second design yields about 2.5lpm on an airflow gauge at 12.5v and 18A. I'm not convinced that the airflow gauge is accurate so don't quote me on it.

humbug Guest
    can i please see your design. i need to produce atleast 1.5 lpm for my truck. thanks

Jaxom Guest