Thread: dry cell producing like crazy and then!!!

mbjhho Guest

dry cell producing like crazy and then!!!

my new dry cell was working great.... then it just stopped.. now i cant keep a live fuse in it to save my life... i am using a 30/40 relay. 60a fuse between battery and relay 30.... 86 is to the on off swith...87 is to the cell.... 85 is to the ground.... do i have a bad ground? bad relay? too much sodium hydroxide? bad switch? dont know where to start.....help!
    thx too all
    mbjhho@yahoo.com

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mbjhho View Post
    my new dry cell was working great.... then it just stopped.. now i cant keep a live fuse in it to save my life... i am using a 30/40 relay. 60a fuse between battery and relay 30.... 86 is to the on off swith...87 is to the cell.... 85 is to the ground.... do i have a bad ground? bad relay? too much sodium hydroxide? bad switch? dont know where to start.....help!
    thx too all
    mbjhho@yahoo.com
    Sorry, I don't want to be SHORT with you.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by mbjhho View Post
    thx too all
    mbjhho@yahoo.com
    As Stu pointed out, you have a short somewhere, possibly even inside your cell between the plates.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

My dry cell had shorted out due to a leak. Because of the way I had my cell mounted with nylon across the plates and gasket had hide the leak. I had a build up of Potassium Hydroxcide across the outside of the plates this connecting the plates with dried PH. Cloeaned it up and tighten the bolts, all is good now...