Thread: Perpetual motion

As an engineer, it's sometimes easy to forget that such silly things as "a car that can produce it's own hydrogen and continue to run on that hydrogen, which in turn powers the car to run", is not always a common sense thing that wouldn't work.

Not to sound condescending, but for those of us that DO realize that this sort of thing is just nonsense, remember that there are some people that disagree, and it's your job to educate them.

Yes I agree, those people (crazy fkrs) who have been told that it will not work, then actually need prove it to them selfs. Much simpler to just say I have been told, it will not work and never try, You can't do that so why bother ?

then again........you would wonder if all possible exploits have already been done because there are things from science and physics that are written in steel. And that from the beginning of knowledge have never changed or have they ?

But we have been told so we have no need to think anymore ......lol
    HHOinventions.com

protecheqp, you ARE right in the sense that it's unwise to completely rule theories out. However, there are some basic fundemental laws that really just aren't worth investigating. F=ma is a perfect example. Do you really think that if I gently push this cup of water on my desk, it will spontaneously fly across the room at super sonic speeds and break into 1000 pieces against the wall? No, it won't. It never will(unless I were superman but that's another thread).

The first law of thermodynamics is like F = ma(Force = mass * acceleration). It's one of those things that is so incredibly basic and at the core of the physical laws of the universe. Hell, in fact, F = ma is sort of a red-headed step child of that law. This is the law of conservation of energy. It says that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but simply change forms. A perpetual motion machine violates this law. In a way, a perpetual motion machine would be like that cup rocketing away when I gently tap it. It just wouldn't happen. If you want to go try all day long with a car that produces it's own hydrogen, and runs off that hydrogen... go ahead, but we are just warning you that it's a lost cause.

I think you are refering to some of those things throughout history where people say "It cannot be done"... then someone proves them wrong. Look at every case, and it's just because the "establishment" wrongly accepted a half-baked theory, and someone proved the theory wrong. The laws of thermodynamics are in no way a half-baked theory. They have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt countless times, and will continue to be proven correct. It's just "one of those things"...

you know guy i saw something first hand on motion that initially scared the **** out of me ... something that was not ever supposed to do what it did , but it did .and according to all the laws this does not happen.. i was young then but glad it taught me to have a open mind ...
    HHOinventions.com

What was this that you saw? Did you investigate it further?

Philldpapill i was 1 year out of ryerson poly (ELECT ENGINEERING ) my mother got me a job in envelope production ok its a real job honest work .... iT was about 6 months later setting up a envelope machine called a lo (large open end envelopes ........no biggie done it 200 times before /....

but on this occasion I was to adjust a gripper section of the machine to make sure the seal was not touching the holding chian ( triangular set up with 5 grippers on *60 chain ) ,,still no bigie

took wrench loosened lock screw on the drive gear and dropped the wrench bent down to pick it up ............but the whole unit was moving on its own...........scared the chit out of me ...leaped for the emg stop but it was already engaged ........ now puzzled by what was going on it cycled continuously till I had the nerve to poke at it with the wrench ...

ok agreed no torque but the sucker moved on its own ... now explain that ,

OH on a side note i ended up GM of that company in 2 years ,,
    HHOinventions.com