Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum intake manifold or Air intake?

Gregoryn Guest

Vacuum intake manifold or Air intake?

Hello! I am going to install this generator:

manufacturer says that the production is +2 l/m at high amperage

I plan to use a smaller amount of electrolyte because i dont need so much production. My engine is only 1.3 Lit

My questioning is this: i need to plug the generator to vacuum intake manifold or to Air intake? Or both?
    I will appreciate if someone explains the advantages and disadvantages of this methods.

Thank you!

countryboy18 Guest

Cool

nice cell!!! people connect there cells to vacuum because it increases there prouction. it is ok the connect it to the air intake since production is not a problem with your cell. that a cool idea with the bubbler acting as a reserve and a cooling container. do you mind saying how much you paid for it or how much it cost you.

Gregoryn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy18 View Post
    nice cell!!! people connect there cells to vacuum because it increases there prouction. it is ok the connect it to the air intake since production is not a problem with your cell. that a cool idea with the bubbler acting as a reserve and a cooling container. do you mind saying how much you paid for it or how much it cost you.
    Thank you! I paid about 200 USD + shipping cost to Greece (for 1 cell, not the pair you see in photos)
    People says that i will also need an ''original'' bubbler and i think that i will apply this advice.

Be carefull

Put the tube UPSTREAM of the butterfly, between the air filter and the butterfly. Preferably as close to the butterfly as possible.

If you put it past the butterfly, you will have maximum vacuum at idle and minimum vacuum at full throttle, exactly opposite of what you want

countryboy18 Guest
    why is there less vacuum at faster speeds

cougar gt-e Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy18 View Post
    why is there less vacuum at faster speeds
    I think he is meaning that if you put the line under the throttle you will have manifold vacuum, when you operate at wide open throttle the manifold vacuum will be close to zero.

If you use a "timed vacuum port" that is above the throttle, the vacuum goes up due to venturi effect and higher air flow rates make more vacuum.

That is based on carburators, I don't know how it relates to fuel injection systems. It may not ! Carbs I get, FI --- not so much.

countryboy18 Guest
    you are right less vacuum at full throttle but at full throttle the car is well with a stick shift car you get better mpg in 5 or 6 gear so you realy dont need more hho because the car is more effecient at faster speed. you need strong vacuum in city driving.

this is what my brain is telling me i could be wrong but that is part of life.

vacuum

countryboy18,

What cougar gt-e said is what I was was refering to. All of the reading I've done says to put it just before the butterfly.

I've been running hho for about 4 months now, input the gas just before the butterfly. I got 37.5% increase, from 22.4 to 30.8 mpg using a quart generator. Just installed a 1/2 gallon hho, will report at fillup.

2003 ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed standard.

I think I am wrong.

Countryboy18,

Put a generator in my friends Honda this afternoon. He thought that putting the input downstream of the butterfly, like you, would work better.

The longer I thought about it the more it made sense.

We put it in and, HOLY CRAP, the same generator I used was generating 5 times the gas I was.

I bow to your thought processes. Even a Mensan screws up sometimes.

Can't wait to see what his mpg increase is.

SmoothieV Guest
    What do you guys mean when you say butterfly?