Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof! Smack’s new Videos.

oicu, I don't think you are getting it. The point isn't so much to run the car on hydrogen alone, but to generate small amounts of hydrogen on demand in order to IMPROVE the current fuel economy of the vehicle. I don't think anyone is implying any sort of overunity here, but instead just raising the efficiency of the combustion, using hydrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    oicu, I don't think you are getting it. The point isn't so much to run the car on hydrogen alone, but to generate small amounts of hydrogen on demand in order to IMPROVE the current fuel economy of the vehicle. I don't think anyone is implying any sort of overunity here, but instead just raising the efficiency of the combustion, using hydrogen.
    no phill its you that dosent quite get it. by chemicaly producing h2 from aluminum you still can add the the pure h2 to to your engine improving combustion without taxing your alternator.do you realize daytime running lights reduce your milage by .5 a mile per gallon,what do you think a 30 amp load does? with hho you'll always send your computer into safe mode without tricking the o2 sensors. nobodys talking overunity here, that's impossible and rediculous .just 2 ounces of aluminum yeilds 100 litres of pure h2.there are many ways to do this other than with naoh as a catalist. a 80% mix of aluminum and 20% gallium creates an aluminum alloy that's a solid and produces h2 at an amazing rate with no heat just add tap water. that's right the reaction happens at room temperature and the best part is no gallium is used up in the process. the aluminum is converted to alumina, or aluminium oxide. its the same stuff used in toothpaste,abrasive discs and semi-conductors. it can also be recycleld back into aluminium. the gallium can be used over and over. this process is an economicly sound fuel that has no technical hurdels to stop it. with gas at $3.00 a gallon it works out to 49 cents a pound verses gasoline at 47 cents a pound. how long do you think gas will stay at $3.00 a gallon$. this process is environmently friendly produces no hydrocarbons and is recycleable.

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    Other than that it is a great visual of what is needed to get better mileage on a vehicle.

Lets see... for my 3.0 Litre Saturn VUE...

3000 / 375 = 8 * 5.88 = 47 LPM (he corrects his video up from 5.6 to 5.88)

Seeing as how my best cell is only good up to about 7-8 LPM with my alternator, I don't see how this can be done without an external generator... and a bodatious one at that.

Again, I will continue to watch the technology and see where it goes. But for now, I don't see it working for my needs.

Great video!
    How then do you explain the people who have documented their huge gains with only 2 LPM? Im sure you have seen all the youtube videos. Sure, some of the people are incorrect. But there are some who really know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cmac0351 View Post
    I think most agree that HHO improves fuel burn efficiency, but the question is does it improve it enough to cover the fact that the generator puts an extra strain on the car.

With less of a load, the generator should consume fuel at a slower rate, right? So would the gas last longer without the load?
    Well, the strain on the car can kinda be helped with a high amp alternator. As for the gas lasting longer, i can solve that right now. An MSD brand ignition system (a full, aftermarket racing ignition system) will burn a crapload more gas than a factory one. You can get such an ignition system for practically any vehicle. I have a lot of camaro and mustang buddies, they all run MSD ignition systems to burn more fuel and thus increase horsepower. It is an awesome upgrade for those looking to increase MPG as well.

So i think if you did all this stuff, the strain would really be on the battery, and perhaps any wires in line that may be too small. But you might could solve even this with one of those tough Optima red top batteries.

BennyLava, the battery is of no importance, as it is only a temporary power source - not used for steady state. If you are pulling any current from the battery, it's an unsustainable system because that battery will eventually deplete. In reality, you need an alternator that is able to continuously source the current demand for your HHO system.

As for the ignition system... I'm skeptical. Once ignition occurs, a bigger or smaller spark makes no difference. Now, if you are using a different fuel injection system, that's a different animal.

Well, the power is there. I mean from the Aftermarket ignition systems. I have felt the before and after effects on 3 separate vehicles. That's why i advocate them so much. So it is doing something. The end results don't lie. They sell a great many MSD ignition systems, they are all over any performance automotive site you go to. While this may be drawing more current, it's worth what you get out of it by a longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Smack’s new Videos.
    Smack has 2 excellent videos showing HHO boosting a Craftsman 6,300 Watt 11 HP B&S generator.

What has he demonstrated?

Boosting a 375 cc (approximate) B&S Intek engine with 5.6 LPM of HHO will increase the gasoline burn time 20%.

What else do the videos indicate?

Let’s calculate and scale the experiment up to a small car engine: of 2,200 CC.

2,200/375 = 5.9

5.9 x 5.6 LPM = 33 LPM

Conclusion: In order to HHO boost an automobile with a 2,200 CC engine and gain 20% MPG, it would require 33 LPM.

These results are in the ballpark of my previous calculations.

Are there any naysayers out there?

BoyntonStu
    I think your conclusion is wrong.
    I think this test only proves one thing. A very important thing to see proven.

I think it does prove that HHO bosting can produces MPG/GPH gains in I.C.E.s PERIOD.

It does not mean you need the same ratios to achieves the 20% gain.
    You would have to factors out a lot of other configuration to come to that conclusion.
    IE: You would have to have failed achieving gains by using Less HHO, different engine timing settings, additional carb leaning...

Exclamation

I disagree.

What if Smack had run a tank of natural gas in parallel to the gasoline, would that be boosting?

Piping 5 LPM of HHO into a 375 cc engine is adding fuel, not catalytic boosting.

Some folks are running small engines on HHO alone.

IMO Smack failed to prove anything positive.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    How then do you explain the people who have documented their huge gains with only 2 LPM? Im sure you have seen all the youtube videos. Sure, some of the people are incorrect. But there are some who really know what they are doing.
    I don't. While some people may be getting better mileage, I can't seem to make it work, to my satisfaction, on my Saturn VUE. I have tested with and without PWMs, EFIEs and MAP enhancers. I have an EGT and an ODBII Scan guage to tell me just how well any modification are working. While I can get modest gains with an EFIE it raises my EGTs beyond what I feel is safe.

Well, the strain on the car can kinda be helped with a high amp alternator.
    Not really. The only thing a higher amp alternator will do for you is allow you to safely run higher current draw. The strain on the engine at 20 amps is the same on both the original alternator as it is on my new 195 amp alternator.

As for the gas lasting longer, i can solve that right now. An MSD brand ignition system (a full, aftermarket racing ignition system) will burn a crapload more gas than a factory one. You can get such an ignition system for practically any vehicle. I have a lot of camaro and mustang buddies, they all run MSD ignition systems to burn more fuel and thus increase horsepower. It is an awesome upgrade for those looking to increase MPG as well.
    I can attest to the above. I have been running MSD in all my vehicles for years now.

So i think if you did all this stuff, the strain would really be on the battery, and perhaps any wires in line that may be too small. But you might could solve even this with one of those tough Optima red top batteries.
    I run 2 gauge car stereo power wire for all of my high current runs.

The only time you should be draining the battery is if you are not running the engine. All the strain should be on the alternator. Now if you are having trouble starting the vehicle because of all your current draw, then yes, by all means spend the extra on a good Optima red top battery. Otherwise you are just wasting your money.

If I had to estimate, I would guess that 95% of the people out there on youtube dont use an EGT to measure engine temps. So yes, they may be getting better fuel economy with their EFIEs and MAPS and claiming that HHO is the cause of their better fuel economy. However, without posting EGT readings, I will have little faith in the safety of what they are doing.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    I don't. While some people may be getting better mileage, I can't seem to make it work, to my satisfaction, on my Saturn VUE. I have tested with and without PWMs, EFIEs and MAP enhancers. I have an EGT and an ODBII Scan guage to tell me just how well any modification are working. While I can get modest gains with an EFIE it raises my EGTs beyond what I feel is safe.

Not really. The only thing a higher amp alternator will do for you is allow you to safely run higher current draw. The strain on the engine at 20 amps is the same on both the original alternator as it is on my new 195 amp alternator.

I can attest to the above. I have been running MSD in all my vehicles for years now.

I run 2 gauge car stereo power wire for all of my high current runs.

The only time you should be draining the battery is if you are not running the engine. All the strain should be on the alternator. Now if you are having trouble starting the vehicle because of all your current draw, then yes, by all means spend the extra on a good Optima red top battery. Otherwise you are just wasting your money.

If I had to estimate, I would guess that 95% of the people out there on youtube dont use an EGT to measure engine temps. So yes, they may be getting better fuel economy with their EFIEs and MAPS and claiming that HHO is the cause of their better fuel economy. However, without posting EGT readings, I will have little faith in the safety of what they are doing.
    Well said!

Amen!

BoyntonStu

"Safety" of what they are doing? Im not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean for their engine, or for their health?

As for it not working on your vue, everyone seems to be having problems with newer cars. It seems the newer you go, the harder it gets. I think that you might just have to take direct control over the fuel system (getting an aftermarket computer, or reprogramming the old one) and force the vehicle to lean back to a certain degree. Then, you would supplement with your HHO. But it would have to be very precise. You would have problems till you got just the right amount of HHO. Now that you got me thinking about it, i can't think of a newer vehicle that i have seen it work well on. However, ALL of the ones who claim (and can backup that claim) good gains are on older stuff. like early '90's and below. So i would say it has to be some type of vehicle electronics rejecting it somehow.

I wouldn't put it past the greedy fatcats to have made it that way on purpose. But if they can make it, then we can unmake it.