Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof! Smack’s new Videos.

Exclamation Proof! Smack’s new Videos.

Smack’s new Videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSRUrBnsV6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKo0A59TQk

Smack has 2 excellent videos showing HHO boosting a Craftsman 6,300 Watt 11 HP B&S generator.

What has he demonstrated?

Boosting a 375 cc (approximate) B&S Intek engine with 5.6 LPM of HHO will increase the gasoline burn time 20%.

What else do the videos indicate?

Let’s calculate and scale the experiment up to a small car engine: of 2,200 CC.

2,200/375 = 5.9

5.9 x 5.6 LPM = 33 LPM

Conclusion: In order to HHO boost an automobile with a 2,200 CC engine and gain 20% MPG, it would require 33 LPM.

These results are in the ballpark of my previous calculations.

Are there any naysayers out there?

BoyntonStu

A couple of things to note here...

He doesn't say whether or not his generator is warmed up for the first test. If not, then it will definitely use more gas on the first run which will skew his numbers. Since he is showing a notebook with 12 points of data though I suspect he has accounted for this.

1400 watts @ 5.88 LPM is only 4.2 MMW not his best cell. I hope he doesn't claim the DC amps for his calculation of MMW. It needs to be the wattage of the entire system. He does say that he is using two DC battery chargers to run the cell. Mucho energy loss there.

Other than that it is a great visual of what is needed to get better mileage on a vehicle.

Lets see... for my 3.0 Litre Saturn VUE...

3000 / 375 = 8 * 5.88 = 47 LPM (he corrects his video up from 5.6 to 5.88)

Seeing as how my best cell is only good up to about 7-8 LPM with my alternator, I don't see how this can be done without an external generator... and a bodatious one at that.

Again, I will continue to watch the technology and see where it goes. But for now, I don't see it working for my needs.

Great video!
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

I think most agree that HHO improves fuel burn efficiency, but the question is does it improve it enough to cover the fact that the generator puts an extra strain on the car.

I would like to see smack run the same test, but time it without the HHO running. With less of a load, the generator should consume fuel at a slower rate, right? So would the gas last longer without the load?

?

It seems that he is loading a gen, and in one test he is throwing the generated gas into the air, and feeding it back to the motor in the second.

A more informative test (IMHO), would be to run the gen unloaded at the RPM of the loaded gen, and get a time to burn 200 ml. Then do the loaded test with the HHO fed into the motor, and compare the two times.

Russ

stu 33 litres a minute is do-able, allthough not the way most people here think. trying to generate that much hho on demand on board would take a ridiculous amount of watts. with a $50,000 lithium ion battery pack its possible but at that point why not just build an electric car. seeing as how you can't even get your ac fixed in your car you probebly don't have the scratch to even think about that. one possible solution to this might be producing pure h2 and storing it in metal hydride tanks. again the metal hydride tanks are way to expensive for most people here. pure h2 generators are available also way to expensive for most people here. than if you want to power the h2 generator with renewables like wind or solar it gets really expensive. bmw allready has a car for lease in europe and california that uses metal hydride storage tanks . large amounts of h2 can also be produced using the aluminum naoh reaction. the gas would have to be run through a series of bubblers and filters to get it 99.9% pure and than stored in metal hydride tanks.the point of all this is hydrogen can be used as a fuel, unfortunatly gasoline will have to be around ten bucks a gallon before any of this becomes a reality.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    stu 33 litres a minute is do-able, allthough not the way most people here think. trying to generate that much hho on demand on board would take a ridiculous amount of watts. with a $50,000 lithium ion battery pack its possible but at that point why not just build an electric car. seeing as how you can't even get your ac fixed in your car you probebly don't have the scratch to even think about that. one possible solution to this might be producing pure h2 and storing it in metal hydride tanks. again the metal hydride tanks are way to expensive for most people here. pure h2 generators are available also way to expensive for most people here. than if you want to power the h2 generator with renewables like wind or solar it gets really expensive. bmw allready has a car for lease in europe and california that uses metal hydride storage tanks . large amounts of h2 can also be produced using the aluminum naoh reaction. the gas would have to be run through a series of bubblers and filters to get it 99.9% pure and than stored in metal hydride tanks.the point of all this is hydrogen can be used as a fuel, unfortunatly gasoline will have to be around ten bucks a gallon before any of this becomes a reality.
    All of that for a 20% increase!

Bah! Humbug!

BoyntonStu

Question Must see video!

http://www.youtube.com/user/zgymnast.../2/0MVR19Ix69k

If you had 200 Amps, he says that his Geo would run on 100% HHO.

In the same video he says that his water cooled generator is producing 5 LPM at 30 PSI.

It doesn't add up.

The question remains:

If you could idle your car on HHO would the gasoline necessary to generate the HHO be more than just using straight gasoline?

BoyntonStu

That is what I was saying. It's not like cars are already powering HHO generators and just plugging up the air hose is all we need to do. He needs to test the time without the Briggs generator powering the HHO generator.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    It seems that he is loading a gen, and in one test he is throwing the generated gas into the air, and feeding it back to the motor in the second.

A more informative test (IMHO), would be to run the gen unloaded at the RPM of the loaded gen, and get a time to burn 200 ml. Then do the loaded test with the HHO fed into the motor, and compare the two times.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    All of that for a 20% increase!

Bah! Humbug!

BoyntonStu
    your missing the point

you will never run a car on hho only generated by brute force electrolysis on demand...there's other ways to do it. that's where I plan to shift my direction, the generation of hydrogen using a chemical reaction. oil won't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    your missing the point

you will never run a car on hho only generated by brute force electrolysis on demand...there's other ways to do it. that's where I plan to shift my direction, the generation of hydrogen using a chemical reaction. oil won't last forever.
    We should grow are own oil ALGAE

Good luck, let us know what you find