Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proof! Smack’s new Videos.

Fatcats? Really? News Flash: It's not a global conspiracy to keep the little guy down, and keep buying oil. Get off it.

When you lean the fuel mixture, YES, you will get better gas mileage, but it is harmful to the engine. That's WHY those "fatcats" designed it that way. A little extra gas is alot better than premature failure of engine components, wouldn't you agree???

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    I disagree.

What if Smack had run a tank of natural gas in parallel to the gasoline, would that be boosting?

Piping 5 LPM of HHO into a 375 cc engine is adding fuel, not catalytic boosting.

Some folks are running small engines on HHO alone.

IMO Smack failed to prove anything positive.

BoyntonStu
    I looked at the test again and your right . He did the test WRONG!!! You can't conclude anything from that test the way he did it.

1. He was supposed to have a load other than the HHO cell system. (3000 watts worth of lights or ...)

2. He should ran test #1 with just the designated load (3000 watts ....)

3. He should have run test #2 with the load (3000 Watts) then turned on the the HHO cell system. Adding that additional load.

This test could be simplified a little by using a smaller generator with a direct 10 amp dc output. Then use that 120 watts DC to produce a 0.2 -0.5 LPM HHO (there about) and test it correctly that way.

Good point, everything is not what it seems its like a magican

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    "Safety" of what they are doing? Im not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean for their engine, or for their health?
    Safety of the engine... I couldn't give a rip about personal safety. Half the sh!t I do is against OSHA regulations.

As for it not working on your vue, everyone seems to be having problems with newer cars. It seems the newer you go, the harder it gets. I think that you might just have to take direct control over the fuel system (getting an aftermarket computer, or reprogramming the old one) and force the vehicle to lean back to a certain degree. Then, you would supplement with your HHO. But it would have to be very precise. You would have problems till you got just the right amount of HHO. Now that you got me thinking about it, i can't think of a newer vehicle that i have seen it work well on. However, ALL of the ones who claim (and can backup that claim) good gains are on older stuff. like early '90's and below. So i would say it has to be some type of vehicle electronics rejecting it somehow.
    I am not convinced that old/new car makes much difference. I have very good control of my fuel levels with the EFIE that I own. It is one of the digital models that I can easily set with a multimeter. It doesn't take much to get the EGTs to climb beyond what I consider safe for the engine. I posted one of my early tests on the forum some place, I see if I'll can find it.

Edit: Here it is. Post #16 http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....ht=Temp&page=2

I suppose I could run just the EFIE safely at about .1 or maybe even .2 but the HHO is doing nothing for me. In later tests I was able to get enough HHO to bring the EGTs down a bit, but not enough to merit the load on the engine.

One thing I will say about doing this all on an older car, you can easily adjust the timing which is something I have yet to be able to play with. I have seen several videos where people are having success with HHO by adjusting their timing. If they would ever post EGTs I will take a harder look.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Fatcats? Really? News Flash: It's not a global conspiracy to keep the little guy down, and keep buying oil. Get off it.

When you lean the fuel mixture, YES, you will get better gas mileage, but it is harmful to the engine. That's WHY those "fatcats" designed it that way. A little extra gas is alot better than premature failure of engine components, wouldn't you agree???
    Well i have been running my '76 chevy v6 so lean it's right on the verge of dying for 2 years now. I have built/rebuilt many chevy engines over the years. So i know it's not going to hurt that motor. No you will not "burn up a piston" like everyone will tell you. There may be ways that damage can occur but it's not set in stone that you're going to kill your engine with it.

Well i have been running my '76 chevy v6 so lean it's right on the verge of dying for 2 years now. I have built/rebuilt many chevy engines over the years. So i know it's not going to hurt that motor. No you will not "burn up a piston" like everyone will tell you. There may be ways that damage can occur but it's not set in stone that you're going to kill your engine with it.
    A '76 Chevy V6 also has a nice steel block where my '03 Saturn VUE is all Aluminum. You may feel safe running lean, I don't.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Ya good point i didn't know that was aluminum. I think my block is cast iron but i see what you're saying.