Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My no moving parts 'air conditioner'.

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Just curious... How does a forum went to hell? I've heard of them going to hell, or have gone to hell, but never have I even heard rumors of one went to hell.
    Maybe they were just visiting hell and came back.

Ether way they could have used a good window vent

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    This has to be the stupidest $hit you have posted yet Stu......

Larry is right this forum has went to hell....

And with that I am taking a 2 week break from the forum
    You both are correct... Damn what is going on in this forum. I live in Arizona and it does not get any hotter. My A/C had been down for nearly two week until I replaced the condenser fan motor. Did I duct 107 degree air into my truck? Yea right... this is a bullsh*t idea and not worthy of wasting space nor pulling readers to this B/S... STu you should be ashamed of yourself, this is a classic sign of a 10-year-old thinking outside of the box... Add me to the growing list of readers moving on...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    You both are correct... Damn what is going on in this forum. I live in Arizona and it does not get any hotter. My A/C had been down for nearly two week until I replaced the condenser fan motor. Did I duct 107 degree air into my truck? Yea right... this is a bullsh*t idea and not worthy of wasting space nor pulling readers to this B/S... STu you should be ashamed of yourself, this is a classic sign of a 10-year-old thinking outside of the box... Add me to the growing list of readers moving on...
    On this HHO forum we keep hearing "Did you try it?"

My A/C had been down for nearly two week until I replaced the condenser fan motor.

For 2 weeks you suffered.

I didn't, and you haven't tried it.

Why are you so close minded?

When I was in the Navy aboard ship, the engine room was at 120*.

All we had were high speed blowers, no A/C.

The blowers made it possible to work and survive.

If you live in a dry climate (like Arizona used to be), an air duct in combination with a wet towel would make a fairly good swamp cooler.

BoyntonStu
    unashamed

Please try to discuss the idea rather than attack the presenter.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    If you live in a dry climate (like Arizona used to be), an air duct in combination with a wet towel would make a fairly good swamp cooler.

BoyntonStu
    unashamed

Please try to discuss the idea rather than attack the presenter.
    Ok I hung a wet towel over my window of my truck today a block later the towel was dry. Damn I never felt so cool... LOL... Swamp Coolers are only good when the humidity is low, 10 to 20 percent. Anything above that swamp cooling sucks… You should be aware of that living in the humidity capital of the world…

Exclamation

Ok I hung a wet towel over my window of my truck today a block later the towel was dry. Damn I never felt so cool... LOL... Swamp Coolers are only good when the humidity is low, 10 to 20 percent. Anything above that swamp cooling sucks… You should be aware of that living in the humidity capital of the world…
    If a wet towel dried in one block, congratulations!, you are in a dry climate.

"Evaporative coolers (also called swamp coolers, desert coolers, or air coolers) are devices that cool air through the simple evaporation of water. They differ from refrigeration or absorption air conditioning, which use vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycles. In the United States, the use of the term swamp cooler may be due to the odor of algae produced by early units.[1] Air washers and wet cooling towers utilize the same principles as evaporative coolers, but are optimized for purposes other than air cooling.

Evaporative cooling is especially well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low. For example, in the United States, the western/mountain states are good locations, with swamp coolers very prevalent in cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson, Fresno, and Phoenix, where sufficient water is available."

A trickle water suppllied to a towel lining an air scoop vent and you will get cool air.

You could also try a spray bottle of water.

BoyntonStu

Maybe if we did that to the air intake we could do as well as HHO

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    If a wet towel dried in one block, congratulations!, you are in a dry climate.

"Evaporative coolers (also called swamp coolers, desert coolers, or air coolers) are devices that cool air through the simple evaporation of water. They differ from refrigeration or absorption air conditioning, which use vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycles. In the United States, the use of the term swamp cooler may be due to the odor of algae produced by early units.[1] Air washers and wet cooling towers utilize the same principles as evaporative coolers, but are optimized for purposes other than air cooling.

Evaporative cooling is especially well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low. For example, in the United States, the western/mountain states are good locations, with swamp coolers very prevalent in cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson, Fresno, and Phoenix, where sufficient water is available."

A trickle water suppllied to a towel lining an air scoop vent and you will get cool air.

You could also try a spray bottle of water.

BoyntonStu
    Stu you do not need to lecture me on swamp coolers... I have lived in Tucson for 52 years and for 46 years I have had SWAMP COOLING, its not all what you want everyone to think it is.... July and August it does not work...

Lightbulb

Stu you do not need to lecture me on swamp coolers... I have lived in Tucson for 52 years and for 46 years I have had SWAMP COOLING, its not all what you want everyone to think it is.... July and August it does not work...
    The question I have is what does "it" mean that doesn't work?

A "swamp cooler" built into a car scoop at 40 MPH and blowing into your face is not a typical SC.

The units that I have seen have much less air going through them.

In July or August if a wet towel would dry quickly, I would guess that your face would feel the difference between having a dry towel and a wet towel.

If you added a little alcohol to the water, it would increase the evaporation/cooling effect.

BoyntonStu