Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long will the oil last?

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post

Now that wind is starting to come in to it's infancy, it too is being attacked for birds flying into them (wtf? who cares).
    LOL! That is funny. I agree, who gives a flying sh!t about birds that are stupid enough to fly into a rotating blade? I mean, they're not even endangered birds for crying out loud. In oklahoma they had massive windmills always spinning and making electricity. They were huge. Bigger than most buildings in oklahoma city. But yeah correct me if i am wrong, but dont the build the new models of Nuclear power plants so that even if it came to the worst, nothing on the surface of the earth would be affected? Everybody hates chernobyl, but that's what you get when you put complete soviet retards in charge of a nuclear power plant. Those guys were obviously the equivalant of homer simpson. Who is only a cartoon character but still manages not to blow up the nuclear power plant that he works at... yet the idiot ruskies still found a way to do it. Talk about incompetent...

sorry sometimes i ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    LOL Enviromentally friendly? Gallium isn't all that friendly to start with. I read an article about the purdue research, some time ago, and was fairly impressed. However, they never say what the energy efficiency is in CREATING the aluminum-Gallium nano alloy. In fact, if I recall correctly, they hardly even mentioned that it TAKES energy to make the nano alloy. That's a pretty big thing to leave out. Who cares if you can make massive amounts of H2, if it is only 10% efficient?
    I sugest you get your facts straight
    While not considered toxic, the data about gallium are inconclusive. Some sources suggest that it may cause dermatitis from prolonged exposure; other tests have not caused a positive reaction. Like most metals, finely divided gallium loses its luster. Powdered gallium appears grey. When gallium is handled with bare hands, the extremely fine dispersion of liquid gallium droplets which results from wetting skin with the metal may appear as a grey skin stain.
    the aluminium oxide or alumina is in your toothpaste.
    alumina is used to aluminium by not having
    to mine bauxite and create alumina to make aluminium the cost of this process can compete with gasoline. the break even point is $4.00 a gallon. the gallium is not used up in this process and can easily be recoveredl

Maybe that's what actually happens in 2012. The whole world runs out of oil. If you believe in that kind of stuff, that is. Think of what kind of chaos the world would be thrown into right now, if the last drop was siphoned up this morning. It would be devastating, even if only for a few years.