Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HHO improves fuel emissions, Proof

I have a 772 kit and am having troubles with my ECU overriding everything I'm doing. It's in a 4.3L V-6 Chevy. But what I can tell you from experience....you'll need to get up to 25-30 Amps to get great gas out of those things. It should take about 2-4 teaspoons, that's about it. Make sure you're using distilled water and the proper crystals.

Also....if you're dimming your lights...you're drawing way over 30. Go invest in a good racing Amp gauge. Its' much more accurate. I got mine from Summit Racing and paid about $15 for it. I got a 60A gauge and it reads really nice. My kit did not come with a gauge, but I went earlier and got a $5 one from Harbor Freight....junk. It was not accurate after 20A. I kept adding electrolyte until I blew my relay and melted wires. I now have a SunPro Amp gauge and it works great.

Why you're not feeling any performance? One of a few things. You're ECU is compensating for the mix, your system is too far away from the engine, you may have to reset your ECU and run a few tanks of gas. Could be any one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I have a 772 kit and am having troubles with my ECU overriding everything I'm doing. It's in a 4.3L V-6 Chevy. But what I can tell you from experience....you'll need to get up to 25-30 Amps to get great gas out of those things. It should take about 2-4 teaspoons, that's about it. Make sure you're using distilled water and the proper crystals.

Also....if you're dimming your lights...you're drawing way over 30. Go invest in a good racing Amp gauge. Its' much more accurate. I got mine from Summit Racing and paid about $15 for it. I got a 60A gauge and it reads really nice. My kit did not come with a gauge, but I went earlier and got a $5 one from Harbor Freight....junk. It was not accurate after 20A. I kept adding electrolyte until I blew my relay and melted wires. I now have a SunPro Amp gauge and it works great.

Why you're not feeling any performance? One of a few things. You're ECU is compensating for the mix, your system is too far away from the engine, you may have to reset your ECU and run a few tanks of gas. Could be any one of those.
    I am also confused as why the heck am I not seeing any changes in engine behavior. I will get another gauge (from local store in Toronto - Princess Auto) and see what amps are drawn... Per the current gauge (which came with 772 kit) when I used only 10 teaspoons of NaOH (came with kit) crystal, it was taking only about 15 amps.

After reading your comments, I am now thinking, may be my gauge is not showing me correct value and that, it may be over 30 amps putting load on alternator which in turn would be putting load on engine. Since engine in my Corolla is pretty small (1.6L) its taking hit... I am also using mileage chip from the same seller, I keep resetting it even then, there is no power increment nor fuel saving...

The volts at battery are 14.10v and at generator, its 13.70v. Again, I am using 4AWG soft wire (from car audio guy).

For your issue, may be you should try Mileage Chip or Performance Chip...

Volk sold you a 772 for a 1.6 liter corolla? (shakes head) You only need .8 lpm for an engine that size, but placement and distance may be an issue. I've had luck with the volo fs2 and failures with it, you might send an email to support and ask for the proper resetting procedure and if that doesn't work have them reflash or send you an EFIE in replacement of it.

i have to use 4-5 tablespoons of NaOH to get the amperage up to 30 on my 771, its always easier to add more than remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    I am also confused as why the heck am I not seeing any changes in engine behavior. I will get another gauge (from local store in Toronto - Princess Auto) and see what amps are drawn... Per the current gauge (which came with 772 kit) when I used only 10 teaspoons of NaOH (came with kit) crystal, it was taking only about 15 amps.

After reading your comments, I am now thinking, may be my gauge is not showing me correct value and that, it may be over 30 amps putting load on alternator which in turn would be putting load on engine. Since engine in my Corolla is pretty small (1.6L) its taking hit... I am also using mileage chip from the same seller, I keep resetting it even then, there is no power increment nor fuel saving...

The volts at battery are 14.10v and at generator, its 13.70v. Again, I am using 4AWG soft wire (from car audio guy).

I originally had a Mileage Chip, but sent it back because I couldn't get it to work. I did get one tank of gas with +6 mpg and was thrilled. But, my O2 sensors were worn. I sent the chip back and got an EFIE dual narrowband. Wired that in and nothing. No response at all from the ECU or the engine. Mileage neither went up, and actually went down 2mpg. I did some research on the Volo chip, and they all seem about the same, even the one from Transitional. If you go on the Volo forum, there's numerous ways to reset that chip. I think the key is resetting the ECU then resetting the chip when the engine is good and hot and good HHO going in. Then take it on a 50 mile ride.

I'm not going to send the EFIE back and get a Mileage Chip again. Going to also work with a OBDII technician to help monitor what the chip is doing.

Also, I think if you get a good Amp gauge, you'll see what little it takes to get to 30 amps. You were probably up around 50 or so if you were dimming lights!

I originally had a Mileage Chip, but sent it back because I couldn't get it to work. I did get one tank of gas with +6 mpg and was thrilled. But, my O2 sensors were worn. I sent the chip back and got an EFIE dual narrowband. Wired that in and nothing. No response at all from the ECU or the engine. Mileage neither went up, and actually went down 2mpg. I did some research on the Volo chip, and they all seem about the same, even the one from Transitional. If you go on the Volo forum, there's numerous ways to reset that chip. I think the key is resetting the ECU then resetting the chip when the engine is good and hot and good HHO going in. Then take it on a 50 mile ride.

I'm not going to send the EFIE back and get a Mileage Chip again. Going to also work with a OBDII technician to help monitor what the chip is doing.

Also, I think if you get a good Amp gauge, you'll see what little it takes to get to 30 amps. You were probably up around 50 or so if you were dimming lights!
    Makes sense to me... I have put my PWM back and set it to 50%, the gauge is showing 15Amps now... will buy another one...

Also, the regular mileage is 12.5KMs/Liter now, in first tank, it was 11.6 and now its 12 after increasing hose diameter and wire (from 8G and 4AWG) and also by adding extra electrolyte.

My generator and reservoir get really hot within 5 minutes. I think I am overloading whole system, generator + alternator causing load on engine. I just did test on LPM, I just built eudiometer the LPM at engine side is about 2LPM from my 772. Not sure if it is just HHO gas there or steam mix...I am still searching for torch tip that I can use at hose end to see if I can lit flame... any ideas on this side?

I will try to reset Mileage chip and ECU but after replacing the ammeter...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    Volk sold you a 772 for a 1.6 liter corolla? (shakes head) You only need .8 lpm for an engine that size, but placement and distance may be an issue. I've had luck with the volo fs2 and failures with it, you might send an email to support and ask for the proper resetting procedure and if that doesn't work have them reflash or send you an EFIE in replacement of it.

i have to use 4-5 tablespoons of NaOH to get the amperage up to 30 on my 771, its always easier to add more than remove it.
    He didn't say any thing about that, he just sold me what I ordered. For sure, 772 is much bigger than the space in the engine bay, this is why I had install in trunk... even if there is a loss by keeping it distant from engine, I thought 772 will make up for the loss by producing extra LPM of HHO... but till yet, 0 changes!!! One question, if you saw the pics I uploaded, am I using too much space in air in-take? I am using 3/4 elbow inside the air intake facing engine... this is occupying 50% of the air intake hose diameter...

Be very careful lighting the gas!!! Don't do it directly off the hose. What I did in testing was inserted the end of the hose (that goes into the intake) into a bowl of water....basically a second bubbler. Then, light the bubbles with a lighter or one of those torch lighters, with the extended tip. Those bubbles will blow like firecrackers. It's pretty cool, but VERY explosive!!! Go do a search on YouTube for HHO explosions and there's some pretty crazy people out there!!

Wow...I was hoping the 772 would output more! They quote 4-6lpm on the site I think. Maybe once you get your electrolyte etc. straightened out, you'll be fine. I never checked mine, but it sure pumps out the bubbles...and lighting them was fun, especially at night!! Be careful!!

Be very careful lighting the gas!!! Don't do it directly off the hose. What I did in testing was inserted the end of the hose (that goes into the intake) into a bowl of water....basically a second bubbler. Then, light the bubbles with a lighter or one of those torch lighters, with the extended tip. Those bubbles will blow like firecrackers. It's pretty cool, but VERY explosive!!! Go do a search on YouTube for HHO explosions and there's some pretty crazy people out there!!

Wow...I was hoping the 772 would output more! They quote 4-6lpm on the site I think. Maybe once you get your electrolyte etc. straightened out, you'll be fine. I never checked mine, but it sure pumps out the bubbles...and lighting them was fun, especially at night!! Be careful!!
    I did that couple of times... this is why I am looking for torch tip, which mixes air with the gas.... Bob has a video on his home page, cutting witth HHO gas, he is using a torch tip... if we use that, we may get an idea about purity of the HHO system output. I hope I am using extra amps and that by diluting water in reservoir would increase performance...

One thing though, I am using windshield washer in the bubbler (not reservoir), could this be causing any problems? Should I just try replacing washer fluid by just plain water...

I have wiper fluid in my secondary one too. That's not it. That keeps it from freezing in the winter.

Here's a link to a site where I found a flowmeter. McMaster-Carr is about 40 minutes from me, but they ship all over. I would think an Oxygen flowmeter would get you close.

http://www.mcmaster.com/WebParts/Con...ainWidth=1596#