Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HHO improves fuel emissions, Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    My generator and reservoir get really hot within 5 minutes. I think I am overloading whole system, generator + alternator causing load on engine. I
    OK, before you go any further, you've got problems. I looked at the HHOkits website. They say nothing about how the reactors are built. If the reactor and reservoir are getting hot, it means that it's improperly constructed. Probably set up as -NNN+NNN- or some similar cheapie crap. A well built reactor will run cool (100f) with maximum strength KOH (28%) or NaOH (20%).
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    OK, before you go any further, you've got problems. I looked at the HHOkits website. They say nothing about how the reactors are built. If the reactor and reservoir are getting hot, it means that it's improperly constructed. Probably set up as -NNN+NNN- or some similar cheapie crap. A well built reactor will run cool (100f) with maximum strength KOH (28%) or NaOH (20%).
    There are three terminals in my generator and they are setup as +-+. do you think i should change it to -+-?

Also i used about 22 teaspoons of NaOH crystals in 3 litres of distilled water as my ammeter was not showing 30 amps with standard 10 teaspoons of electrolyte... I am going to change gauge.. Could over dozing hho with electrolyte cause zero performane in car? Like putting more load on alternator and ths putting load on engine?

Mav, how many plates are in you reactor. How many plates are between the positive and negative plates? I just can't believe you could be pulling only 30 amps with positive and negatives next to each other with 22 teaspoons.

"D"

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Mav, how many plates are in you reactor. How many plates are between the positive and negative plates? I just can't believe you could be pulling only 30 amps with positive and negatives next to each other with 22 teaspoons.

"D"
    I am not sure how many plates are in the generator. I just bought the kit looking at overall specs. You may find details about this generator at:
    http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/midsize..._generator.php

I am going to replace gauge and water in mt HHO system, will make sure there is no choking as I noticed that one of the two outlets of the generator is not much producing bubbles as compared to the other one.

The hho kits direct stack set up is difficult to tell how it is built but from conversations that i have had with Mr. Bob Volk on issues with his systems i have determined the following.

In my single stack 771 i can see 5 plates only through the electrolyte holes (haven't taken it apart yet)
    configuration looks like +nnn- 772 should be +nnn-nnn+ and 773 +nnn-nnn+nnn- (i'm hoping i'm wrong here and there are at least 4 neutrals)
    Top and bottom of plates are visible and sit in bath of the electrolyte, best i can tell the center section is milled out for the plates (perhaps taking a tip from Boyce and the D9 document). I do not believe the plates are media blasted or weld-on 16 is used at the end of the plates from the support conversations i have had only sanding and cleaning is done.

His site shows him using a dywer oxygen measurement glass to measure the gas, which we have already stated here will throw hho measurements higher than they actually are. I've tried time and time again to get the output he does at 20 amps and it takes 30 amps on the 771 to hit 1.5 LPM. His support line states that its just fine for the electrolyte to get up to 130 degrees as the plastics in the unit will handle it just fine. And that if i needed more production just add more amps up to 50 if i needed to. (this seemed a little odd to me when i was told this as I thought dry cells were supposed to run cooler than wet cells but I went with it because i thought he knew what he was doing)

Excuse the soap-box.

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    The hho kits direct stack set up is difficult to tell how it is built but from conversations that i have had with Mr. Bob Volk on issues with his systems i have determined the following.

In my single stack 771 i can see 5 plates only through the electrolyte holes (haven't taken it apart yet)
    configuration looks like +nnn- 772 should be +nnn-nnn+ and 773 +nnn-nnn+nnn- (i'm hoping i'm wrong here and there are at least 4 neutrals)
    Top and bottom of plates are visible and sit in bath of the electrolyte, best i can tell the center section is milled out for the plates (perhaps taking a tip from Boyce and the D9 document). I do not believe the plates are media blasted or weld-on 16 is used at the end of the plates from the support conversations i have had only sanding and cleaning is done.

His site shows him using a dywer oxygen measurement glass to measure the gas, which we have already stated here will throw hho measurements higher than they actually are. I've tried time and time again to get the output he does at 20 amps and it takes 30 amps on the 771 to hit 1.5 LPM. His support line states that its just fine for the electrolyte to get up to 130 degrees as the plastics in the unit will handle it just fine. And that if i needed more production just add more amps up to 50 if i needed to. (this seemed a little odd to me when i was told this as I thought dry cells were supposed to run cooler than wet cells but I went with it because i thought he knew what he was doing)

Excuse the soap-box.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. So what should be done now, we have already spent money on it, in my case I've spent over $900!! We must get result from this system. Do you see a big difference in your ICE performance by hooking up 771? Are you using Mileage chip also?

Can you please share the picture of the point where you are connecting the HHO hose with air intake... may be I using large size elbow inside the air-intake... please see the picture attached and let me know if I am wrong there, if I should keep the internal pipe smaller than 3/4 size elbow.

I do not have the pictures of my intake injection point on this computer, I can upload those tonight. Your connection should work just fine, is it close to the throttle body intake housing? I have mine set up 2-3 inches away from the throttle body. When you measure your gas output are you measuring it in the trunk or under the hood? Is there room for a secondary bubbler in the engine compartment of your car? (just to make sure the gas is clean, may not be needed but might give you a better way to tell everything is working correctly).

I am using the mileage chip and am seeing positive results, once i build a new cell i'll hopefully see the same results with just 20 amps or less. If your producing enough gas and still no results than it might be the chip or electronics you are using. But i totally understand about the cost issue, a friend of mine installed the 773 and to date we're only getting 1.5 LPM out of it. A question to the support line about what could be causing this only got me a reply of "We don't warrant gas output of our units, (insert link to warranty)". I'll be taking that unit apart and trying to rebuild it over thanksgiving.

I do not have the pictures of my intake injection point on this computer, I can upload those tonight. Your connection should work just fine, is it close to the throttle body intake housing? I have mine set up 2-3 inches away from the throttle body. When you measure your gas output are you measuring it in the trunk or under the hood? Is there room for a secondary bubbler in the engine compartment of your car? (just to make sure the gas is clean, may not be needed but might give you a better way to tell everything is working correctly).

I am using the mileage chip and am seeing positive results, once i build a new cell i'll hopefully see the same results with just 20 amps or less. If your producing enough gas and still no results than it might be the chip or electronics you are using. But i totally understand about the cost issue, a friend of mine installed the 773 and to date we're only getting 1.5 LPM out of it. A question to the support line about what could be causing this only got me a reply of "We don't warrant gas output of our units, (insert link to warranty)". I'll be taking that unit apart and trying to rebuild it over thanksgiving.
    Hi

I would be interested in seeing the picture of your air intake connection. My HHO connection is about 6" inches away from throttle body, this is the only closest place as there is a rubber hose right after that running into the throttle body. The connection is after the MAF sensor towards the engine.

I am suspecting that may be the size of HHO elbow running inside the air intake (to face towards throttle body) is taking too much space (occupying about 50% of space inside the air intake hose).

This is the biggest problem, before you buy something, seller keeps you in a dream world, everything is just perfect and he/ she is the best person to do business with, once the transaction is done, you are left alone!

What do you suggest, should I also take the generator apart and see if something can be done? I am in Toronto and its almost impossible to find HHO parts here. Most of the stuff is in US and it takes over 2 weeks to get something... (if I should go for bubbler). May be I should move the single bubbler I already have close to reservoir and put it close to engine instead?

I see no difference in engine behavior when I recalibrate performance chip... instead I am seeing fuel consumption going up! (12.5 (without HHO to 11.8 with HHO initially, and now 12 after increasing hose size and 4AWG).

Also, this is why I am looking for connection a torch with HHO hose to see if the gas coming out of it is HHO (by burning flame). I can't lit directly from the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    Also, this is why I am looking for connection a torch with HHO hose to see if the gas coming out of it is HHO (by burning flame). I can't lit directly from the hose.
    If you just want to ignite the gas, it's simple! Put water in a little bucket. Pour a bit of dish soap in without making bubbles. Put the hose into the bucket. When there are enough bubbles to satisfy you, remove the hose and light the bubbles with a match (outdoors). It'll be quite loud.

As far as your connection goes, never put it after the throttle body. It'll suck everything dry.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php