Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling Quits, My HHO Days Are Over

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post

Under the category of better late than never.

It a great install and build. Just wanted to ask, why your reservoir is at what looks like the same level as your cell? IMO the lowest part of the reservoir should be above the highest part of the cell. ( this would insure the water level in the cell would stay ful. provided the hoses are large enough...l)

Roland Jacques want my glasses cause it looks the same to me
    HHOinventions.com

Quote Originally Posted by protecheqp View Post
    Roland Jacques want my glasses cause it looks the same to me
    That's my point. They look like they ( the cell and the reservoir) are at the same level. The reservoir should be higher than the cell. But i could use some glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    That's my point. They look like they ( the cell and the reservoir) are at the same level. The reservoir should be higher than the cell. But i could use some glasses.
    It's all in the angle of the camera in relation to the subject. The center of the reservoir is even to the top of the plates not the top of the end plates. So you and the other can rest in piece...

Furthermore these photos are old and the reservoir was replaced with a 3l container... All is good...

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    using a Garmin GPS.
    GPS is not always accurate as you might think. If there is some way you could regulate the throttle body pressure or idle down this might give you a gain in MPG other than that get yourself an older model diesel(no o2sensor or EFIE) and install your gen in that as they are simple to manipulate to get better MPG. Older EFIEs are easily controlled. The newer EFIEs can be controlled but at a price(electronic hardware). If your giving up on HHO then the only other alternative is electric$$$ which is my first choice but for the meanwhile I want to give HHO a go to get better MPG on ICE. If I can get a minimum of 15% saving its worth it, any less its a waste of time. I believe 15% is achievable. Im weary of statements of 5-10LPM HHO(steam,O2,HHO,etc.?) and 30-60%MPG gains and one can only find out for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    GPS is not always accurate as you might think.
    This is one of those misnomers that keeps circulating the internet. One of my jobs in the military was maintenance of the GPS ground control equipment in the 50th Space Wing. If there is one thing I understand well, it's the accuracy of GPS systems. It used to be that civilian GPS systems were not as accurate as the Military versions, however that is not the case any more. More to the point though, todays' receivers are far more accurate than the speedometer in your vehicle. Heck, even the first generation of GPS receivers were more accurate; though they suffered more from a problem of refresh rate than accuracy.

If you have a GPS receiver that can see 12 or more satellites, then you have one that is very accurate for testing purposes. For a good (unclassified) example of consumer grade GPS receivers, check out this site:

http://www.doylesdartden.com/gis/gpstest.htm

And if you want to know just how inaccurate your speedometer is, check out this site:

http://www.web-cars.com/math/speedometer.html

So go ahead and use your GPS receiver to test with, it is the most accurate test tool you will probably have access to.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Q-Hack,

I have to agree. GPS's today are tack dead on and to prove my point to a friend I gave him a 12 channel Garmin GPS I have I used for hunting. I went to an area within the property of 500 acres and buried a beer bottle. Handed my GPS and told the guy to go to these latitude and longitudes settings. Having never used a GPS he found the bottle after driving nearly ½ mile in a golf cart. He did not know what he was looking for until he uncovered the bottle. All anybody needs to do is check their MPH with a GPS and know just how accurate they are. Now for elevations they are not very accurate, close but only close.

I just watched a show on TV that showed construction of a building in Saudia and they were using a GPS instrument for elevations.

With one satellite you have accurate time
    With two satellites you have accurate X-Y coordinates.
    With three satellites you have accurate X-Y-Z coordinates.
    The more satellites you add the higher the accuracy of the system.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Yeah don't give up yet....It takes alot of time to get it right but it is all worth it. I was getting 13 mpg city and 15 mpg highway in my tundra with 33". Now with my cell i get 15 city and 20.5 highway!!! NO B.S!!! It takes time to get it right and tune it just right but it was well worth it. I have too spent a couple hundred dollars on it but in the long run its paying off. The secret is time and tuning just right. Do SMALL adjustments and not big ones!