Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Quits, My HHO Days Are Over

Calling Quits, My HHO Days Are Over

Well I have pulled the plug on HHO. I have been silent on my testing as I wanted no input from others. The first think I did was put the truck through a series of mileage checks on days with no wind driving on checked inflated tires using a Garmin GPS. All miles driven were on the interstate using the cruise control set at 75MPH. I had access to refill the gas tank right off of the freeway. MPG was recorded on three different attempts and each attempt was 60 miles in each direction for a roundtrip of 120 miles. MPG was 15.2, 15.4, 15.6.

I may add prior to the testing I had installed and tested my EFIE to make sure I could lean the engine out and cause the check engine light to appear. Once I was happy with the readings I had set the EFIE back to zero before I drove and recorded the MPG above.

Next was to select a day that I would begin testing with HHO. Because I had not changed out the alternator I needed to be very careful on what systems I had on while the engine was running. The Electrolyzer was setup to deliver 6LPM and pulling slightly over 70 amps. I decided that I would increase the MV to .250 to the computers on my first run on the interstate. Again I check the tire pressure prior to this test. I drove 60 miles and a return of 60 miles. Pulled into the service station and filled the tank. To my surprise my MPG had decreased to 14.3 MPG. At this point I decided to pull a few spark plugs and check the burn color. The few plugs I check appeared to be slightly black leading me to believe the engine is running rich.

On the next run I bumped up the MV from the EIFE to 300mv and drove the truck a good 30 miles with NO HHO with the idea that the computers will make an adjustment. Next I return to the service station and refilled the truck. Again I set out on the same 60 miles out and 60 miles back filling the tank full again and checking my mileage. The MPG jumped back over 15 MPG.

On my next trip a week later I decided to make an adjustment on the EFIE to 350mv. Again I checked the tire pressure set the GPS, turned on the Electrolyzer and set out on my usual 120 mile trip. On my return I pulled a few plugs after the engine had cooled down and the burn color was a slight gray color which is perfect. Next was to pull into the station and fill the tank. Again the mileage recorded was 15.1 MPG.

Being disappointed I shutdown everything and head home. Having been involved in racing Score Off-Road, Top Fuel Hydro’s I do not know what more I can do to bring a change to the engine to see a gain in mileage. Maybe on an older vehicle using a carb would be the difference but these newer vehicles with all the computers I believe we are missing something. I thought of removing the EFIE and try O2 extensions but I believe this also will be a waste of my time.

I gave it a try, Installed what I believe is a very nice setup that looks clean but proved to me no gains, Built a torch and had fun on how hho gas is made and burn in the torch, built a cool flow meter, and made some videos, but my time and money in this adventure has come to an end…

There are a lot of good people involved in HHO production but I have not read ANY success stories worth a hoot. Been a member to a few different forums and have watched many YouTube videos and may add many really bad videos with outrageous claims, but at the end it really comes down to what we use to make the HHO gas and how nasty these products are to the engine itself. For those that are going to continue their quest GOOD LUCK!!!

My HHO Prodject http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542

Well no one can say you don't do neat work, nice job

Tis the problem with scientific method... She can be disappointing at times.

Welcome to the club
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

this is what i've been saying all allong and no one will listen... trying to use your vehicals alternator to generate hho is absoulutly rediculous . the constant load on your alternator reduces any gains you might have seen with the added hho. you'ld be better off chemicly producing pure h2 storring it in a tank and than introducing it to the air intake. simply running your car with the running lights on reduces your mileage by .5 a gallon. what do you expect with a constant 30 to 60 amp load will do.

Way too much amps, your alternator is going to need more power to give your generator energy so it uses more fuel. My 01 dodge 1500 with 35" tires gets 28hwy using 12-15 amps and about 1.5-1.8 lpm. By-the-way your efie should not set off a check engine code, lean out the fuel right before you start to feel the drag.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel133 View Post
    Way too much amps, your alternator is going to need more power to give your generator energy so it uses more fuel. My 01 dodge 1500 with 35" tires gets 28hwy using 12-15 amps and about 1.5-1.8 lpm. By-the-way your efie should not set off a check engine code, lean out the fuel right before you start to feel the drag.
    Just curious, is your truck factory equipped with 35 inch tires and so the odometer calibrated for them or did you have to have odo recalibrated to properly read with them? Also please describe the cell you're using to get that quantity of gas with that small amount of current. I'd like to get my hands on one of them for evaluation.
    "EXPERIENCE" it's what you get when you don't get what you want!

DV,

Before you give up completely, and I do know how you feel (just read my thread), try going through RadGenH2O's channel on youtube. He got good results using 3.5 LPM at a 40 amp draw with just doubled O2 extenders and HHO fed right up against the throttle butterfly.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Please tell us about your cell. I'd like to know, thats a pretty high MMW. Thanks.

This one is hard for me to swallow... I too have 35" tires and this is why I used a GPS for my mileage calculations.

Presented paper describes the dynamometer test results of a study where a small
    amount of hydrogen-oxygen mixture, produced by hydrogen-oxygen generator is
    added to the intake of a diesel engine.

http://www.fisita.com/students/congr...apers/sc11.pdf