Thread: pics of my cell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    grimr27 Guest

pics of my cell

ok i uploaded some pics of my cell this is after 2 weeks of running it in my car. the plates are set up
    -nn+nn-
    you will see that after 2weeks the -plates have turned black and the n plates are turning dark also but the +plate is still as shiny as the day i put it in.. http://home.mchsi.com/~grimr27/

Ronjinsan Guest

Interesting

I am going to rip my cell out this weekend for a checkup so I will be intersted to see if it has any of the effects on the plates as yours does! What are you using as electrolyte?

grimr27 Guest
    i am using baking soda. i may have used to much. the water was turning orange like inside of a radiator. this time i onley put 4 table spoons of soda im hopeing this will help.

Ronjinsan Guest
    WHOOOaaa 4 tablespoons thats waaay to much....maybe your cell plates are a bit wide apart!

grimr27 Guest
    o lol well im lurning as i go. how much should i use in 2qt of water? i went from 24mpg to 40mpg city aprox. my mile counter stoped working. i figure this on.. I drive to work and back 5days a week 16mile round trip thats 80 miles a week 160miles every 2 weeks on 4gals of gas =40mpg is that right?

h-power Guest

Ratio

I'm using 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of distilled water. Be aware that the plates design and location is a large factor, more-so than the total surface area of the plates. My first design uses 8 plates (4 anode 4 cathode) in a (+ - + - + - + -) arrangement and 1/8" spacing. At 13V it draws about 12 amps. It also has a cooling system that keeps the temp from spiraling out of control and driving the amp draw up with it.
    Pushing the ratio up to 2 teaspoons drives the amp draw up over 30 which is too much.