Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 208cc B&S on 100% hho

208cc B&S on 100% hho

hi guys. im new to this forum, i go by the handle hemigoose. i know some of you from other sites on the net. i just wanted to share with you what ive been doing. i built my first cell last october, since then ive been working towards a 100% hho powered engine. i got my engine running this spring, i started out pretty simple i have made improvements and am getting better results now. there is still room for improvement. as i progress my set up will become more complex. my goal is to see just how efficient this small little engine can be. to date a this technology is not a viable , but we do not know enough about it to say it will never be viable. i have made some modifications to the engine that has lowered the fuel requirements, but more is needed. some of the modifications i have made include raised compression and a tighter fitting piston, and there are more to come. someday i higher level of electrolossis may be achieved to bring us one step closer to saying goodbye fossil fuels, if (when) that happens we will need to know how to put the hho to work. i hope to get more people interested in what i am doing, the more people doing this the faster we can advance. i will share what i have learned with who ever is interested, and also look forward to some input.
    this is just a quick vid of how the engine mods have improved performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNpgkne9rqE

hemi

Hi Himegoose,
    I understand optimizing gas or diesel ICE with HHO boosting. I dont understand the point of trying to get a motor to run on 100% HHO. Maybe you can explain why we would want an engine that runs on 100% HHO. Without HHO OU i dont see the point.

i do understand your concern, however right now all we know is that to run an engine on 100% hho it takes allot of power and gas. it is not known if how efficient it can become with engine mods and injection methods. i have already lowered the fuel consumption of this engine, and am getting ready to test power output with a generator. at present what i have done is no good for anything bu pure enjoyment for me. do we really know how far this can go until we try? i believe in boosting as well, but i could ask you the same question. this is a learning experience for every one involved with hho. if we do not try we will never know.

hemigoose, read up on the first law of thermodynamics. Efficiency can only get you so far. What we DO know, is that you can NEVER get more energy out of a system, than what you put in. In the case of HHO, it takes energy to produce the gas, then when you burn it, you get some of that energy back - the rest goes into wasted heat.

If you are talking about generating HHO onboard, running the car with the gas, then running an alternator to produce the electricity to produce the HHO that powers the engine that powers the alternator that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator, that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator, that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator, that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator, that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator, that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator, that provides electricity to make the HHO, that burns and powers the engine that powers the alternator....

I don't mean to be sarcastic. I'm only trying to drive home how silly Over Unity is. I doesn't sound like you are challenging the idea of OU, but many people have fallen into that flawed way of thinking by trying to drive their efficiency up, up, up. High efficiency is great, but it's easy to get carried away into the crazy(OU) school of thought.

I guess the question is, even if you make the motor 100% efficient ... You still have to be able to get HHO to run it. If you cant get HHO that was produced By 100% efficient means (Or Better!!!) than you will not be accomplishing much.

Example

If i spend *1 liter of gasoline to produce * 100 Horse Power that produces *1000 liters of HHO.

Then i take the 1000 liters of hho, to produce 100 HP. ( if the motor is 100% efficient) you still have not accomplished anything. Right?

I know a lot of folks do try to run motors on 100% HHO. i just cant figure out why. i guess it is just for the fun of it.

thankyou for your reply

i must ask you are you a believer in boosting? if so you are also trying to break the same law that i am. you are still converting energy witch at each stage there is a loss. i do have a basic understanding of these laws. i have heard all the arguments hho make gasoline combust more efficiently, but at the end of the day it is still energy conversion. if i subscribed to the text book version of physics i would never have gotten involved in hho. even if i was able to achieve 50% total system efficiency with a stationary engine and generator with a simple set up that would say volumes for our current understanding.

i do understand you point of view about overunity, im not stating that i have or ever will achieve such a feet but i will continue to think out side the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    I guess the question is, even if you make the motor 100% efficient ... You still have to be able to get HHO to run it. If you cant get HHO that was produced By 100% efficient means (Or Better!!!) than you will not be accomplishing much.

Example

If i spend *1 liter of gasoline to produce * 100 Horse Power that produces *1000 liters of HHO.

Then i take the 1000 liters of hho, to produce 100 HP. ( if the motor is 100% efficient) you still have not accomplished anything. Right?

I know a lot of folks do try to run motors on 100% HHO. i just cant figure out why. i guess it is just for the fun of it.
    if i can create a 100% efficient engine when the gasoline on its best day is 30% i would be rather happy. that may make a lot of folks reconsider why big business is keeping more efficient transpotation from us

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hemigoose View Post
    if i can create a 100% efficient engine when the gasoline on its best day is 30% i would be rather happy. that may make a lot of folks reconsider why big business is keeping more efficient transpotation from us

AFAIK The most efficient form of transportation is a bicycle.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I once read that a bicycle is more efficient than a gliding bird if you consider the number of calories burnt per mile per weight.

BoyntonStu

are you speaking of a mechanical advantage. that would imply that the friction of the tires on the road and all the moving parts of a bike is less of that of a bird soaring through the air. mechanical advantages make our word go round, all we need is a better energy source. i am of the belief that we have that in hho. i suspect most of the members here do as well.

thanx stu
    hemi

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hemigoose View Post
    are you speaking of a mechanical advantage. that would imply that the friction of the tires on the road and all the moving parts of a bike is less of that of a bird soaring through the air. mechanical advantages make our word go round, all we need is a better energy source. i am of the belief that we have that in hho. i suspect most of the members here do as well.

thanx stu
    hemi

I disagree.

Hydrogen is an energy carrier, not an energy source.

A battery is not an energy source.

Hydrogen, hho, and batteries are in the same category.

It takes 8,000 psi of Hydrogen to equal a gallon of gasoline.

Tire friction is peanuts compared to compressing Hydrogen.

BoyntonStu