Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on injecting ONLY H2 as booster

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    You have peeked my interest... you got a model number? Target.com shows about 7 different models.
    i've been using the holmes HM500 ultrasonic cool mist humidifier with an extreamly strong mix of naoh for over six months with no problems. it does have a exposed tranducer in the base that gets wet but its totally uneffected by naoh. not sure what its made of. I was gonna try and patent this process using a powderd aluminium cartridge but a mist of caustic soda is simply to dangerous for the general public. if the mist got in your eyes you'ld be blind and if you were to breath in the mist you'ld be dead
    the mist coming from the humidifier has no preasure behind it so I had to add a diaphram pump to force the mist through the aluminium powder.

Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    i've been using the holmes HM500 ultrasonic cool mist humidifier with an extreamly strong mix of naoh for over six months with no problems. it does have a exposed tranducer in the base that gets wet but its totally uneffected by naoh. not sure what its made of. I was gonna try and patent this process using a powderd aluminium cartridge but a mist of caustic soda is simply to dangerous for the general public. if the mist got in your eyes you'ld be blind and if you were to breath in the mist you'ld be dead
    the mist coming from the humidifier has no preasure behind it so I had to add a diaphram pump to force the mist through the aluminium powder.
    Oof... Please be careful! Also remember that reaction will be thermobaric, so make sure that your mixing container can handle it.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

no problems so far, i'm using a 1 inch brass nipple 4 inches long with reducers down to 3/8 hose barbs on each end. puts out an enormous amount of pure h2. pure h2 burns much less violent than hho.

gasmaker Guest

Smile Urea not Urine

If that doesn't work, **** on it.

pure h2 burns much less violent than hho.
    oicu, hho is a stoichiometric combination of H2 and O2. "We" refer to it as HHO simply to distinguish it from H2 gas alone.

Because of that, I don't know what you mean by H2 burning less violently than hho... pure H2 doesn't burn because there is no oxygen. I don't mean to sound condecending - your statement is inaccurate and spreads ignorance about hho. hho isn't a magic gas, but just a stoichiometric mixture.

Smile

phill... I can understand your ignorance on this subject because you've probebly never burned pure h2 before. i've been igniting hho in torches for years now and filling balloons with hho and igniting them. i've also done extensive testing with hho and plasma arc. trust me hho explodes violently . pure h2 on the otherhand will light from the torch tip after its exposed to air. if you fill a balloon with pure h2 and light the balloon it will burn but dosent explode violently. don't take my word for it see for yourself . get a piece of aluminium foil and cut it up into a bunch of tiny pieces. find a suitable container( IT GETS REALLY HOT) and put the aluminium in it. now carefully wearing eye protection and gloves pour a little bit of strong naoh and water mix into the container. after about 30 seconds you'll see violent bubbling and steam and pure h2 coming out. now grab a barbacue lighter and light the bubbles you'll find pure h2 does burn as long as its exposed to air. remember the hindenburg phill? yep, that was pure h2 burning once it was exposed to air. watch the old videos of the tragedy, you'll see it took well over a minute to burn and didn't explode violently like hho. if the hindenburg was filled with hho it would have been an unbeilivable violent explosion quite possibly killing thousands of people on the ground also. now phill I don't mean to sound condecending but it seams you are the one spreading ignorance. I don't even know why I tried to help you out, you seam like a total duece bag.

oicu, you just reiterated exactly what I said. "hho" has the highest energy potential because it's a stoichiometric ratio of H2 and O2. For every O2 molecule, there are two H2 molecules. Pure H2, on the other hand doesn't burn because there is NO O2 present(you have to expose it to "air"). EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

As far as spreading ignorance, I stand by that. When someone talks or writes in ways that attach some sort of mysticism to "hho", yes, they are spreading ignorance. hho is NOT special, other than it being a perfect ratio of H2 and O2 due to the process of making it(electrolysis). For the reputation of the hho community, STOP IT WITH THE CONSPIRACY ATTITUDE LIKE I'VE SEEN YOU DO IN OTHER POSTS. It makes ALL of us, who are doing legitimate research, look like a bunch of bumbling, barbeque lighter weilding, idiots.

Also, stop getting this off topic. This thread isn't about MAKING H2. I stated that I've already made a rig to capture it just fine. This was meant to be about USING H2 vs. hho.

my post was trying to help you create masive amounts of h2 to direct directly into the intake, and all you did was insult me telling me I don't know the difference between hho and h2 and saying I was spreading ignorance. how much pure h2 are you able to produce with your setup? mine makes ten litres a minute of pure h2 with zero oxygen . it uses a tiny amount of current to run the humidifier and diaghram pump. if you don't want my help fine, but the insults you can lose.

I wasn't asking HOW to make H2, I was asking what RESULTS people have had by using it. Your method may make copious amounts of H2, but it is unsustainable as the aluminum is used up. Using electrolysis to capture H2 from water is sustainable. As far as the amount that's produced - it doesn't matter. What matters is the efficiency of production. Any process can be scaled up to meet a quantity demand, but it's efficiency that's the bottom line.

And no, I don't think you understand the difference between "hho" and H2.

my post was trying to help you create masive amounts of h2 to direct directly into the intake. mine makes ten litres a minute of pure h2 with zero oxygen . it uses a tiny amount of current to run the humidifier and diaghram pump.
    10 LPM pure h2 direct into the intake sounds awsome. Im interested, are you willing to share your info gen/cell material/design drycell or wetcell do you have any pics?