Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on injecting ONLY H2 as booster

Thoughts on injecting ONLY H2 as booster

Has anyone ever tried using ONLY H2 gas as their booster, rather than 2H2/O2 mixture? I'm building a type of cell that produces the gases, but keeps them seperated. I'm thinking about designing some mechanisms for venting the oxygen so that a constant stream of H2 is available.

My thinking on this, is that there won't be any "fooling" of the O2 sensor involved. As the H2 comes in, the ECU should cut back on the fuel a little bit since the exhaust would be oxygen deprived due to the non-stochiometric input of just the H2.

What are your thoughts?

TONY BRUNO Guest

Hydrogen only

Good idea...no oxygen to worry about

Tony, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Shane, ha-ha.

Has anyone played around with this?

a simple way to produce pure h2 is to make a extreamly strong batch of naoh and water and put it in an ultrasonic humidifier. get some powdered aluminium and force the mist through the aluminium its easy to control the reaction that way. run the gas through a couple bubblers . with just two ounces of powdered aluminium you can produce over 65 litres of pure h2. we used this method this year at the 4th of july to fill up h2 ballons. I ended up putting a lot of ice in the bubblers to get rid of any traces of water.

Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    a simple way to produce pure h2 is to make a extreamly strong batch of naoh and water and put it in an ultrasonic humidifier. get some powdered aluminium and force the mist through the aluminium its easy to control the reaction that way. run the gas through a couple bubblers . with just two ounces of powdered aluminium you can produce over 65 litres of pure h2. we used this method this year at the 4th of july to fill up h2 ballons. I ended up putting a lot of ice in the bubblers to get rid of any traces of water.
    This would work as long as the piezoelectric device that buzzes the water is not made of aluminium.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    This would work as long as the piezoelectric device that buzzes the water is not made of aluminium.
    no the water goes in a removable resevoir and the resevoir sits in a cradle so the peizo never actually gets wet. you can buy them at target for $45 bucks.

no the water goes in a removable resevoir and the resevoir sits in a cradle so the peizo never actually gets wet. you can buy them at target for $45 bucks.
    Err... not sure what design you have, but both of the humidifiers I have trickle water onto the peizo in order to mist it. If your water doesn't hit the peizo, how does it mist?
    --

go to target and buy one so you can see for yourself, the peizo is sealed.

go to target and buy one so you can see for yourself, the peizo is sealed.
    You have peeked my interest... you got a model number? Target.com shows about 7 different models.
    --

Shane, I know what you meant. I've seen a few posts on this forum, and other sites about using urine to produce hydrogen(from the Urea in it).

This post is intended to discuss the USE of pure hydrogen in the engine, and not so much HOW to produce it. I know there are plenty of novelty ways of producing hydrogen, but that's another discussion entirely.