Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry Cell or Wet Cell

Dry Cell or Wet Cell

Dry Cell or Wet Cell which cell is better for automotive applications & why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Dry Cell, it's a no-brainer. Safer, more efficient, easier to reconfigure (if you have tabs). What you do with the gas is the hard part. Making it work on a car has turned into an art form. You can get gains, but you had better know what you are doing. It ain't no plug and play. Get a dry cell and start experimenting, that is what it is all about. Just be sure and share your results. Good Luck!

I thought so too. The Dry cell seem like it can be placed in places the wet cell would be difficult to use (clean empty etc) It also looks like it would be a cleaner install. I have detailed plans for building the wet cell but have not found one for the dry cell. The plates seem easy enough but the fittings for the water are puzzling? how do you keep the water from leaking out?
    Anyone have any good source or plans for a dry cell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

It has been awile and I do not have my plans accessable any more. How ever A few of the kits found on my site could be of huge value to you. If I remember correctly the second one has a good dry cell plan. Simply follow the link below then go to the actual home page. Good luck hope it helps. I will try to locate some free dry cell plans for you but I can not gurentee I will be able to get you a reliable one. Since we do test everything from our site before we even offer it to anyone to use.

I had opened a new thread with this info...
    Dry Cell Plans

I had opened a new thread with this info...
    Dry Cell Plans

Back To Basics Fuel Guest

Free Dry Cell Plans & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    I thought so too. The Dry cell seem like it can be placed in places the wet cell would be difficult to use (clean empty etc) It also looks like it would be a cleaner install. I have detailed plans for building the wet cell but have not found one for the dry cell. The plates seem easy enough but the fittings for the water are puzzling? how do you keep the water from leaking out?
    Anyone have any good source or plans for a dry cell?
    I have had these available on my site for a long time. Go to HHO Dry Cell Plans

Ok well I want to thank everyone here for their help in pointing me in the right direction to using a dry cell.
    Here is my new cell.

It is a 21 plate design -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-
    It is made with plates that are Precision cut 3" X 7" Corrosion Resistant High Moly Stainless Steel. The plates were cross hatch and rotary sanded and then cleaned in an Ultrasonic cleaner at 40,000 Hz. The plates were sealed between high temperature 1/16" thick EPDM gaskets. The end plates were manufactured from 1/2" high grade, high temperature Cast Acrylic. The end plates measure only 4-3/16" X 7-3/4". They are held in place with 1/4" X 20 Zink plated bolts.
    Now I have a few more trinkets to put together PWM, MAF Enhancer, a Shurflo water pump is on order, & I'll be ready to install.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Cabrera,
    What gauge are the cell plates?
    Why not run the cell without PWM and use a regulated relay.
    As for cross hatching im not convinced of the minute increase in area and sanding SS surface regardless of grade will make it more easier to penatrate carbon and cause the SS to break down more easily thus shortening the cell life.
    Let me know how many LPMs you get at 8 amps