Thread: dry cell bubbling slow.

dry cell bubbling slow.

My dry cell seems to bubble in the reservoir very slow. Instead of being constant, it's like every 20 seconds or so it'll send up bubbles. It acts like it has to build up gases before it bubbles. Is this normal or am I just impatient to how it works?
    2003 chevy blazer 18-21 city, 25-27 hwy. 36 plate dry cell generator. O2 extender

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy View Post
    My dry cell seems to bubble in the reservoir very slow. Instead of being constant, it's like every 20 seconds or so it'll send up bubbles. It acts like it has to build up gases before it bubbles. Is this normal or am I just impatient to how it works?
    Can anyone put in there two cents in. I'm stumped. I even added more kho and it still reacts the same. Look at Utube videos and everything is in a perfect world making hho gas. I used to do it with flooded cells, but the dry cell doesn't seem to be giving me the extra as hho I used to get. Any suggestions?
    2003 chevy blazer 18-21 city, 25-27 hwy. 36 plate dry cell generator. O2 extender

Can you show a pic/video? Or info on plate spacing, configuration? Maybe you have a bad electrical connection to the cell...

You might try increasing the amps/volts first before you make any desicive conclusion. If you are using an apropiate source of power to run your cell. You may need to double check to make sure all your conections are making good contact. If they are try changing source you are using to connect to these are just a few things to try hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteVamped View Post
    You might try increasing the amps/volts first before you make any desicive conclusion. If you are using an apropiate source of power to run your cell. You may need to double check to make sure all your conections are making good contact. If they are try changing source you are using to connect to these are just a few things to try hope it helps.
    I finally got it out of my vehicle and this is a real nasty project. It was almost completely clogged. It took me 7 hour of actual work time to get the gunk and old electrolytes out of the thing. I used CLR and alot of water to push it through and good soaking. As far as the configuration: its' a 36 plate dry cell. So I got it about 3/4 cleared. Then I bench tested it and boosted the electrolyte to 24 amps 13.8 volts. This sucker was pushing out 3ltr's/min. Ran it for about an hour. I'll put up a post once it's in the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy View Post
    I finally got it out of my vehicle and this is a real nasty project. It was almost completely clogged. It took me 7 hour of actual work time to get the gunk and old electrolytes out of the thing. I used CLR and alot of water to push it through and good soaking. As far as the configuration: its' a 36 plate dry cell. So I got it about 3/4 cleared. Then I bench tested it and boosted the electrolyte to 24 amps 13.8 volts. This sucker was pushing out 3ltr's/min. Ran it for about an hour. I'll put up a post once it's in the vehicle.
    After cleaning it out, I installed a pep **** to flush out the system in the future. It's running perfect now. I'm running 13.8v @18 amp producing 2/ 1/2 litr's/min. This sucker really puts out the HHO. I also made a heat shield because of how and were I installed my bubbler. I'm close up in the left corner of my engine were I replaced the intake with a K&N. As far as a heat shield. I used styro fom, bubble rap with alluminum. raped the exposed area closes to the block of the engine to disapate the heat. I'll post picks one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteVamped View Post
    Good to see you got it working.
    At first I couldn't think what was wrong until I took this sucker down out of my under carriage. I took a long trip yesterday and I seen a big difference on my fuel mileage. Before I did this it was dumping gas. I was getting like 12 around town. Yesterday I figured I was getting around 25. Huge difference. Anyhow, what type of system do you have?