Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Corolla with HHO, MPG's went down

Good start.

Point one is a general statement and does not indicate the "how" of how HHO improves the combustion.

Point two is true, but you would need in the order of tens of kilograms of carbon in your combustion chamber to effect an improvement of mileage over any significant amount of time, and water (steam) has more to do with the carbon deposits than does the HHO.

Then, you come to the conclusion that your O2 sensor reads more O2 in the exhaust when you add HHO. Which the above tests do NOT prove. Your salient points do not logically support your conclusion.

Restate your conclusion so as to be supported by your research points.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    Point one is a general statement and does not indicate the "how" of how HHO improves the combustion.

Point two is true, but you would need in the order of tens of kilograms of carbon in your combustion chamber to effect an improvement of mileage over any significant amount of time, and water (steam) has more to do with the carbon deposits than does the HHO.

Then, you come to the conclusion that your O2 sensor reads more O2 in the exhaust when you add HHO. Which the above tests do NOT prove. Your salient points do not logically support your conclusion.

Restate your conclusion so as to be supported by your research points.
    Ahh I get it now. You seem to be one of those people who demand scientific proof. Perhaps some of my more versed forum members can give you the specifics of why it does. I only document the results I get. (I don't care how my microwave heats up my coffee, I only noticed that it takes 15 seconds at full power)

That being said, my conclusion on point one was based on an significant reduction in pollution emissions of the VW over a period of 60 days using Maxwell Emissions Test Systems equipment. You are correct on my second conclusion. It will take significant carbon deposits to impede performance. The VW had over 150K miles on the engine and was considerably fouled when the system was installed.

So, now it's your turn to pick up a wrench & start testing. You may be able to break our dependency on foreign oil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Knowlege?

People who populate these forums seem to regurgitate the same errors over and over in an incestuous intellectual circle.

You made some of the same erroneous conclusions.

I use science and engineering principles plus years of experience with wrenches to oscilloscopes.

I have been at this on and off since 1978 as time permitted.

My hydrogen generator does get about 2 orders of magnitude more production than anything mentioned on this forum, but it is not an electrolysis machine. And, I have investor funding to bring it to market at some point.

And I do know how a microwave works.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    People who populate these forums seem to regurgitate the same errors over and over in an incestuous intellectual circle.

You made some of the same erroneous conclusions.

I use science and engineering principles plus years of experience with wrenches to oscilloscopes.

I have been at this on and off since 1978 as time permitted.

My hydrogen generator does get about 2 orders of magnitude more production than anything mentioned on this forum, but it is not an electrolysis machine. And, I have investor funding to bring it to market at some point.

And I do know how a microwave works.
    GREAT, It's good to have someone who is so knowledgeable here on this forum. Since you have over 30 years experience you should be providing guidance.

The fact that you have built a hydrogen generator is of no interest to me. Additionally, the fact that you felt compelled to state your financial status interests me even less.

I did find it of significant interest that you needed to inform us that you knew how a microwave works, I guess your attempt at belittling me somehow raises your level of credibility?

In any case we welcome your contribution and look foward to your product coming to market. I'm sure you will advertise it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Continued discussion.

You were the one who asked about my "wrenching" and I gave you a short "business card" introduction as to my credibility and background, as far as can be done on an open internet setting.

And, I was being somewhat facetious about my hydrogen generator . . . it is an industrial unit that will first be used in an industrial setting.

If you feel belittled by a lack of microwave knowledge . . . well, I can't help you. I apologize for my writing style, however.

You were the one posting as though you were knowledgeable in the field of internal combustion theory. Yet, you made some erroneous statements and conclusions. The same ones other "experts" on this and other sites have made.

All that being said . . .

So, let us get back to the task at hand and revisit your VW research, because it provides a baseline example that is uncluttered by modern ECU meddling.

What type of VW was this, and do you happen to know the compression of the engine?

Also, what was the average RPM you drove at along with the volume of HHO you produced?

Did you re-tune the engine after the addition of HHO?

I have also done work on a 2.2l 84 Chrysler K car with a feedback carburetor and TWC. I would like to see any additional information on carburated vehicles before we continue.

Thanks,
    Rusty

a AFC will work on all those cars

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    a AFC will work on all those cars
    Richard, do you have any links or websites of places you've bought them?
    03 Ford Focus 2.0 MTX mpg 32-37 summer. 30-32 winter w/o hho
    Jesus saves.

2000 ford focus zx3 2.0L Zetec, dual o2 extenders, volo-fs2. scanguage2 ; mountain driving. base ~26, now ~30mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by bergs23 View Post
    Richard, do you have any links or websites of places you've bought them?
    Look in the shopping tab

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=air+flow+controller+afc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac