Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest MPG HHO systems

Honest MPG HHO systems

I would like for those of you that actually have a working HHO system that is producing better MPG, to describe their set up.

Please NO wishful thinkers!

This thread is only for those that actually have a set up that's doing more then consuming gasoline to make amps that making browns gas.

There are many of us out here that are frustrated to the point of tossing the whole idea because of bad advise and junk science i.e Double O2 extenders, aluminum wrapped 02 sensors, EFIE that don't work or only work for a few hundred miles before the ECU gets wise.

What I would like to see is a list of what work and what doesn't. We the beginner are tiered of spending money on snake oil. These Snake oil types need to find another way of making money rather then on the backs hopeful experimenters trying to save their family a few bucks on gas every month.

If I've offended anyone, My apologies..... to those that are legitimate and have products and systems that work, we would like to hear from you and how we can duplicate you success.

Thank you for you endulgence,

Jager

Glad to see we have so many people interested in an honest gloves off debate about HHO.

I run HHO

jager,

I have an HHO setup in my 2003 2.3 liter Ford Ranger. Been running it for over a year now. My baseline MPG was 22 MPG with no HHO.

Using 316 plates in a +nnnn-nnnn+ arrangement spaced 1/16 apart. Plates are in a quart jar and using KOH as electrolyte. Drawing from 5 to 10 amps. In line catch jar/flash supressor.

Best milage was 30.6 MPG, but now I'm getting 23 to 25 MPG pretty consistantly. I think driving habits play a part here.

I designed the temperature feedback PWM (I'm an BSEE). The schematic is posted on this site. It runs the gen full bore till it gets to 180 deg F, Then it pulse width modulates the power to maintain 180F.

There is no carbon in the tail pipe.

Curiously, I made one for my friend's Toyota tacoma truck. It did not work at all, and he pulled it.

Hope this helps.

Russ

if you can cough up $3,500 bucks a company in tampa sells the hydrorunner G3 installed. its computer controlled and works along with the cars existing computer. it injects hho at the injectors not into the air filter. and it uses plain water no caustic koh or naoh. independent testing labs have confirmed a 81% increase in milage. a F350 went from 21 mpg to 38.9 mpg.3500 bucks buys a lot of gas but it would pay for itself after a couple years. they will transfer the system if you buy a new car for a aditional $200 bucks.the name of the company is check engine out of tampa bay. google hydrorunner G3 for more info.

Thanks for the replies........

After watching the interview with Bob Boyce on youtube, I am all but convinced HHO works. What is frustrating are the false claims by companies and people who just want to make a quick buck. After hearing Bob speak, that's been HIS biggest frustration. People taking his ideas and making cheap knock offs that don't work because of the lack of attention detail. Most lack the process and material quality in producing a workable system. I'll be following Bob's every suggestion from here on out and see where that takes me.

I guess you can't expect much more in a free country (for now) and an open forum.

Anyone else have a working system they would like to share with us......?

Thanks for the soap box!

jager

HHO That Works

Well, I am not getting an 81 percent increase, but I have seen gains of up to 20 percent (tank averages) with my system that I purchased from www.hydrogen-boost.com. I didn't shell out 3500 bucks either : About half that, installed. My system runs open loop which means I have the upstream O2 sensor disconnected. I control the A/F mixture via a 50K ohm pot that is wired into the MAP sensor. I have a 1998 toyota Corolla LE, 4 spd auto, and using Scangauge as a guide, I am seeing upwards of 55 miles per gallon on flat stretches of highway at 55 miles per hour. The HHO system is not on all the time, but is switched on via the combination of both a vacuum switch and a high current relay. The unit will not switch on until the MAP goes above 5.0. I've had this system since October 2008 and am quite satisfied with the performance. Fran Giroux is one of the honest guys in the business who does NOT make outlandish mileage claims. Check out his website. BTW, I am neither a dealer nor a representative of Hydrogen Boost. Hope this helps!

George

George,

Yours and Ridealong are exactly what I'm looking for as far as real world recounts of realistic products and claims from responsible companies and or systems.

This type of information people can take to the bank.

thank you.......

Jager

I'm glad to have helped ! Thanks!

George

Hi Jager,

I spent a lot of time experimenting and researching before I was able to put together something that actually gave me gains. I more or less copied a lot of the work that SmithJetta did, but I have an open-bath generator on my Grand Prix and I am getting a solid 20% increase on average. I have not mod'ed my exhaust system, computer system, or any other functionality with my engine. I merely piped the HHO gas into my air intake and saw solid gains. I've tested this over the course of almost a year to make sure it wasn't a fluke, or me subconsciously easing off the gas, hoping to see improvements. When I say I've seen a 20% solid increase, it's tried and true.
    I really would like to go to a dry-cell design just because I've heard so many good things about them, but in the meantime this IS working. My cell is completely home-made and it cost me about just under $100 for ALL the parts and materials to have it running. It runs about 1.5 amps and I only ever have to add water every couple of months. I made an exact duplicate and tried to put it in my Jeep and it didn't do a thing.
    Don't give up; I almost did several times right before I finally cracked it for my car and while I'm not getting free fuel by any means, getting a 20% increase on MPG was/is definitely satisfying.
    My father made the exact same cells for his '94 Suburban and went from 13 MPG average to 18. He also put one in their huge motorhome and saw a solid 20% increase with that as well. The stuff works, it's just a matter of cracking the code for your vehicle. My Jeep is stubbornly refusing the stuff and I'm always thinking of what I can do to crack that. My father could never get their '98 Tahoe to take either.

Hang in there and good luck!
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

I've been pondering what is it that produces better gas mileage in some vehicles and not others....

What are the facts..... what would give an engine better economy?

If you keep and engine tuned (yes)
    If you clean the combustion chamber of all the built up carbon would it run more efficient (yes)
    If you can run your engine cooler would it run more efficient (probably)

Would a brand new car running HHO get better gas mileage (not necessary)
    Would a new engine burn the fuel more effectively using HHO (probably)

Reading Dodge Viper's latest testimonial, saying he was giving up the ghost on trying to make his system work was more then a little disconcerting. After all the great work he did and saw little or no gain in fuel economy. I conclude in a new vehicle all you can realistically hope for is a positive gain in usable horse power, maybe a cooler running motor and cleaner exhaust and that's about it. In a new car there is little or no carbon build up, there are no warn out ignition parts... that vehicle is running at as high a level of effecentcy as it will ever see save a better way to ignite the F/A mixture (Fire storm plugs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwXApkLhbc

Although I believe the benefits of HHO are still very real. A cleaner, cooler more efficient running engine is nothing to scoff at.

I have found that the benefits of HHO in an old motor are far more dramatic then in a newer engine, do to the over all cleaning properties of HHO. That's the real tragedy of the cash for clunker program , way to go feds......... All those perfectly serviceable vehicle ruined for what?

I'm I wrong in my assesment?

Jager