Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ZeroHydro Fuel or Volo

Just a generic OBD-ii with ELM and CAN I got from ebay. It's USB and works with most Scantool software running on windows.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
    9 plate dry cell, cooler, twin bubbler, Volo FS2

Does your scanner tell you if you are in closed loop or open loop when you are driving, with your extenders on?

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Yup, the software has that capibility. What's weird is that the voltage flucutates like that in both open and closed loops.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
    Yup, the software has that capibility. What's weird is that the voltage flucutates like that in both open and closed loops.
    When you are driving normally with the extenders on is it in open or closed loop?
    The fluctuation mean the O2 sensors are working.
    They will fluctuate whether in open or closed loop, But in open loop, the
    vehicle's computer will ignore the O2 sensors and use a richer fuel/air setting.
    When I'm in open loop my air/fuel ratio is 10.4/1-12.5/1. In closed loop 14.6/1

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

The system is function properly. When the engine is warm, it's in closed loop. So the big question is this.. If the voltage fluctuations are normal, then how do you really know if the engine is running rich or lean?
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

so the readings are all over the place from 0.020 to 0.920 volts with or without the HHO or the FS2
    I think if it runs lean or rich youll see a spike for a longer period of time. and you say you see no spike for any period of time when you turn on the HHO or the FS2? Im starting to think the FS2 does nothing to the 02 sensor readings it just reads them and advances timing very slightly and simply soft flashing a set MAP reading to the ECM when ever you see the red light flicker. So its taking a quick reading and flashing the ECM ever 30 seconds or so. thats my guess.

Still I cant imagine why the 02 readings dont change when you add HHO. maybe its not enough to make a change that you can see with your software. how real time is that scanner? maybe it takes a reading ever .5 second? Im not sure how fast the ECM is but the fact that it can send a signal to each injector to fire so quickly it has to be very very fast. So maybe you wont see any changes because it can compinsate faster then your scanner can read it. you might see a change in the 02 readings if you were to pump in 5LPM of HHO, maybe?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

My AFR does not change with the FS1 or the FS2 stays at 14.6/1 when in closed loop, doesn't budge unless I open the throttle up 100%

The HHO does cause the O2 to read lean, but the vehicle's computer add more gasoline to richen the mix.
    I think the FS2 only changes the Ignition timing and maybe the injector firing rate? We really need a programmer to change the AFR!!

Ben
    Does your scanner tell you what the AFR is?

The problem is when you use extenders or an O2 EFIE it is lying to the computer telling it the motor is running rich. So the computer sees the false reading and ajusts to what it thinks is 14.7/1. Any device that reads the computers(scan Gauge, scaning tool....) info will tell you its 14.7/1! even thou it is not. The AFR may actualy be 14.9/1 - 15/1........leaner.

Im getting the same afr reading with my FS2. A constant 14.6 in closed loop. At start up it may be 13.6 open loop . Never gets better than 14.6. I guess thats another scam to add to our list. Thanks VOLO!

I cant say its a total scam. If I take my VOLO off while running HHO, it does go back down to 15 MPG which is 4MPG less then what I got before HHO. with it on and HHO on im getting 25MPG. If I had the chance to get my $ back Ide jump onit and go with efie's instead. but its doing something, they are jsut to shady to tell u what that is. thats my main dislike of the thing. But Yea, I cant say its a total scam but I cant say its a great product either. I can say I wont be recommending it to anyone.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com