Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ZeroHydro Fuel or Volo

No AFR reading on my software.. However, I did talk to FuelSave-MPG. He thinks the Quad EFIE would be the answer If I can get the initial 20-25% increase in MPGs. The other big problem I am running into is the newness of my car. The ECM is configured for CARB and too smart to be fooled via conventional methods.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
    9 plate dry cell, cooler, twin bubbler, Volo FS2

Quote Originally Posted by ramcustom View Post
    Im getting the same afr reading with my FS2. A constant 14.6 in closed loop. At start up it may be 13.6 open loop . Never gets better than 14.6. I guess thats another scam to add to our list. Thanks VOLO!
    Odd mine works
    I put on the FS1 went from 12.8-13 litres per 100km stock to 10.2-11.5 Litres per 100KM

Took of the FS1 and ran stock for one week mileage went down again, got worse. Back to 13 litres per 100KM
    Put on the new FS2 and my mileage improved again back to 9.8-11.4 litres per 100KM. This is without HHO just gasoline.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

shouldn't the afr mixture be changing to a leaner mix?I took off my efie device cause every time I turned it up the ecu went into open loop and the afr went directly from 14.6 to 13.8. This is with the VOLO FS2 on and HHO on.So now i'm back to trying the FS2 with HHO and see what happens.

If the FS2 or the efie's are working then what ever reading you get as far as afr on a scan guage isnt going to be right. it may say 13 to 14ish but in reallity its 17 or 18 (thats if your getting gainsin MPG). the ECM thinks its 13 to 14ish because your tricking it into thinking that. isnt that the idea? your telling the ecm via 02 readings and MAP soft flashing, that that there is x amount of air going in and x amount of 02 in the exhaust so it cuts back on fuel to give what it thinks is 13 to 14ish (where it should be) when its really 17 or 18 in the combustion chamber. It thinks it knows how much air is going in via the MAF, MAP (which the FS or efie is tricking). It knows whats being burt and whats coming out via the 02 sensors (which is what we control with the efie or maybe the FS is doing some work there). if you tell the ECM via the 02 sensors that there is less 02 coming out it thinks it must have to much gas, it must be 12 or 13 (which its not, its really 13 to 14ish) so it cuts back the gas to what it thinks is 13 to 14ish but is really 17 or 18 or whatever.

SO unless you can manually control afr then you have to trick the computer into controlling it. I dont think the ECM would even allow 18 to 20 would it?

this is just my outtake on it. I may be way off base. but thats how I figure it works.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    My AFR does not change with the FS1 or the FS2 stays at 14.6/1 when in closed loop,

Maybe thats what the FS are supposed to do? (fool the computer into thinking it's running at optimum A/F ratio 14.6 : 1). I dont know but maybe you are just reading what the ECU sees.

yea exactly. there is no flow meter on your fuel line.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Maybe thats what the FS are supposed to do? (fool the computer into thinking it's running at optimum A/F ratio 14.6 : 1). I dont know but maybe you are just reading what the ECU sees.
    Yes that's what I'm saying the Scangauge only displays what the ECU tells it.
    If the ECU is being fooled by an Effie and thinks the AFR is 14.7/1 then that is what It tells the ScanGauge.

But I do not think the FS2 does fool the ECU to think the AFR is 14.7/1. I think it just changes the Timing.

I think a good REAL digital O2 EFIE needs to be used with the FS2.

Something to remember about ECUs and EFIE.
    The ECU is very very smart. You need to use more then just one EFIE device to fool it. You can't just use an O2 EFIE! You also need to use a MAF/MAP enhancer, along with it.
    OR you can use the FS2, instead of the MAP/MAF enhancer.

This is the rout I have chosen FS2 and a GOOD digital O2 EFIE.

The ECU takes may things into consideration IE:
    Air temp, barometric pressure, water temp,engine load, rpm, vacuum............. You can not fool the ECU for long with Just an O2 EFIE it catches on over time and makes corrections.

Also making constant and quick changes put this on take that off put that one. will not show up good all the time.
    These tests need to be done systematically and slowly one at a time.
    The ECU need time for some of these devices to sink in.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by ramcustom View Post
    shouldn't the afr mixture be changing to a leaner mix?I took off my efie device cause every time I turned it up the ecu went into open loop and the afr went directly from 14.6 to 13.8. This is with the VOLO FS2 on and HHO on.So now i'm back to trying the FS2 with HHO and see what happens.
    Which O2 EFIE were you using Don?
    A Fuel saver digital or an old school one?

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    yea exactly. there is no flow meter on your fuel line.
    You lost me on this one Mate!

Volo fs-2

Got got mine in the mail today. Im not going to install just yet. Need to test more using water inj., 1 LPM HHO, & EFIE. Having speratic results....Mostly good but dont know why??

When the check engine light is on does the ECU not go into closed loop??