Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ZeroHydro Fuel or Volo

Here are some observations I have made in the past month as far a fuel economy.
    I live in Ontario Canada we have four seasons here, being fall it is cooling down,
    1)cooler weather means poorer fuel economy.
    So my MPG have dropped due to the air temp.

2) summer holidays are over, school is back in and there is notably more traffic on the roads to and from work. this heavier traffic has lowered my MPG.

3) there is more construction going on right now on my rout to work. this has cause slowdowns and has effected my MPG.

Some or all of these factors should be taken into consideration when doing your mpg calculations.

There are sooo many variables involved it sometimes can drive you nuts!

Also very important!!!!
    You must always fill up at the same pump in the same exact spot each time you fill up, if you want an accurate record of your MPG. different pump shut off at different tank fill levels. I found this out the hard way.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    No.

That's not the dealer being quoted. Paul installs HHO units if it does not work he makes no money. He knows what he is talking about.
    FWIW most engine work, mods, chips... requires time for computer to figure it out.

I had to resit my FS2 yesterday because i changed a spark plug (the van was missing) I hit 100 miles on it today. I'm going to start recordig MPG readings tomorrow.
    Who is Paul? the VOLO dealer?
    He knows what he is talking about.
    where do i find this talk?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    Who is Paul? the VOLO dealer?

where do i find this talk?
    In the link I have posted THREE TIMES NOW Pottsie!

NO he is not a VOLO dealer he makes and installs HHO systems in cars.
    This is the guy I got the idea of using the Volo from!!
    It is from HIS recommendations that I bought the FS1!

http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/index.php?topic=169.0
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

OH now you just sound like my wife.
    look MF'r. I have past chemical induced short term memory loss. lol
    what where we talking about again?

"EDIT" here is a tid bit of info I thought you might want ot hear. I reconfigured my cell last night to run more efficient +nnnnnn-. so I get it hooked up and it runs at about 5.5 MMW now which is awesome for such a small cell. ok so Im sitting in the drive through wait on my food and I see the ZOLO's red light flash and my car dies. So it must have leaned out the fuel so much that it died. most people would be disapointed that their car died. I was thinking, wow its working.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    OH now you just sound like my wife.
    look MF'r. I have past chemical induced short term memory loss. lol
    what where we talking about again?

"EDIT" here is a tid bit of info I thought you might want ot hear. I reconfigured my cell last night to run more efficient +nnnnnn-. so I get it hooked up and it runs at about 5.5 MMW now which is awesome for such a small cell. ok so Im sitting in the drive through wait on my food and I see the ZOLO's red light flash and my car dies. So it must have leaned out the fuel so much that it died. most people would be disapointed that their car died. I was thinking, wow its working.
    So you think it went so lean it starved the motor! kind of what can happen if you ajust an EFIE too much??
    Humm interesting. Did you start it back up and it was fine after that??

yea, started right back up and hasnt done it again. thats the first time that car has EVER died.
    www.hhounderground.com

Exhaust temps.

This is my "poor mans" exhaust temp. guage.....Pyrometer??
    I took a thermocouple for an old furnace and checked the Ohms, (from the center to the shell) and it was "zero" I took a propane torch and heated the thermocouple tip and the Ohms went up. when the tip just started to turn red the ohms were at about 500 (cant remember exactly) Cherry red is approx 1400 F so I figured about 1200 F. So using ratio & proportion I could get an approximate idea of what my exhaust temp was and see if it changes as I try different things. So I made an adapter, drilled and tapped a 1/8 MPT thread in my exhaust pipe 2" down from the O2 sensor and put it in. I ran 2 wires into the cab and I use an Ohm meter to monitor the temps. So far its working slick!. I also have a vacuum guage in the cab... I said all that to say this... On cold damp mornings my exhaust temps are up (about 320 Ohms) and my vacuum is down. On dryer clear mornings and afternoons the exhaust temps are down or lower.(about 270 Ohms) So the weather can make a difference. (The varying density and moisture content of the intake air)The only real true consistent test would be with a Dyno.

[QUOTE=Ok I just changed my HHO generators. The old one has 6inch plates, a total of 8plates set up NEG,N,N,N,POS,N,N,NEG. The new one has 11 4inch plates set up NEG,N,N,N,N,pos,N,N,N,N,NEG. Let you know how that wiorks out.

Hey spiceman
    Good thinking!!!!
    that thermocouple puts out milli volts too.
    It will put out over 20 milli volts and higher, a bit over thirty when hot, so you could also monitor the milli volts.
    The milli voltage that it generates is what holds the pilot gas valve open on a gas furnace. It drops the valve out once it reaches around 12 milli volts, if the pilot flame goes out.
    From what I
    remember.

Glen

check out www.hhogames.com. someone has developed software to download over the internet to your ecu thru the obd2 port. Also something about using gasoline instaed of water to generate HHO. You have to read it.