Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ZeroHydro Fuel or Volo

Quote Originally Posted by spicerman View Post
    Got got mine in the mail today. Im not going to install just yet. Need to test more using water inj., 1 LPM HHO, & EFIE. Having speratic results....Mostly good but dont know why??

When the check engine light is on does the ECU not go into closed loop??
    Closed loop is good. But when the engine light comes on, its in open loop. Not good.

How many miles have you put on with the HHO going?

I'm very curious about the use of water injection in combination of HHO!
    Pleas keep us posted, maybe start a new thread with your injection/HHO
    findings
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

This is the rout I have chosen FS2 and a GOOD digital O2 EFIE.
    same here.

Maybe thats what the FS are supposed to do? (fool the computer into thinking it's running at optimum A/F ratio 14.6 : 1). I dont know but maybe you are just reading what the ECU sees.
    I said exactly,

I meant there is no flow meter on the fuel line so the ECM doesnt know exactly how much fuel is being used. If it had a flow meter on the fuel line going in and the return line back to the tank it would know exactly how much fuel was being used. but it doesnt, It only knows what it knows by the reading of all the sensors, or the data we trick it with.
    better? sorry I didnt elaborate.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

OK got ya now.

I wonder if the computer is smart enought to know how much fuel it uses by the pulse rate of the injectors?? From there it could maybe calculate how much is used injector rate x number of injectors.......??

It must! because my scan gauge tells me my mileage, how far I can drive till I'm empty my actual mpg and average mpg for a trip. So it must know how much fuel it is using.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

you would think. but I fill up at the same tank every time with both my cars and one has that MPG reading and its always off compaired to my math. and i know my math is right. but then again, I have yet to go to that pump and test it with a gallon measuring tank to make sure its dead on. regarless. the cars MPG thing and doing the math is NEVER the same, EVER. the car always says its less MPG's then the math on paper. normally by about 1 to 2 MPGs
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Glen- the o2 efie device is digital and is on both sensors before the catalytic converter. i got it from www.3rdbrakefleaser.com. As soon as i start to add voltage above 250mamps the ecu does into open loop and eventually a service engine light comes on. So for now the efie is disconnected and I an trying the FS2 with HHO and testing. I have a 200 mile ride tomorrow on the interstate at 70mph and i'll post the results on that.

I think I read someware that 250ma is the max ajust on that type of EFIE.

Water Injection

My check engine light comes on and things dont work as good. My EFIE (poor mans version) pushes the o2 sensor out of range. Im only adding about .020 MV to the signal. I can reset the ECU and all works good for a time then without adjusting anything the check eng. light comes on. Adding water & HHO adds a lot more oxygen to the mix. The more HHO, the more water you can add. Thats what my manual says. "Add until you stop seeing gain" I started with injecting 1 OZ p/min.
    George Wiseman ( Eagle-research) Has a manual on water Inj. I got it last spring. I wanted more power when pulling my camper and maybe better economy all around. The manual says that the fuel that is added to the combustion process has to be rich enough so that some is left over at the tail end to quench the flame and thus not burn the valves. The extra fuel is waste and is burned in the cats. This "extra fuel" can be replaced with water. but there is not magic formula as every engine is different.
    They used water inj. in the old WW2 aircraft engines for more power durring takeoff and dog fights. But, they were bare bone engines, they didnt have all this electronic BS to deal with.

I bet the Volo's/FS2and stuff like that just aren't calibrated right. Don't you have to input your car type in the selection when you order them? If they have to put something in about the timing or whatever, you might get less than desirable results because someone eff'd up the data when they sent it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygoldsmith View Post
    I bet the Volo's/FS2and stuff like that just aren't calibrated right. Don't you have to input your car type in the selection when you order them? If they have to put something in about the timing or whatever, you might get less than desirable results because someone eff'd up the data when they sent it to you.
    Good point, they could have easly mixed up on the data on the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    Good point, they could have easly mixed up on the data on the chip.
    or have bad data for that system. Or any data.

Who knows if they actually have independent data for all those cars and types? Think about it. They could just have a rough set of data for general car types/manufacturers/engines. Then for every car that was made by say, Pontiac, with a V6 engine, they might use the same data for all those in that 'group'. Regardless of any actual differences in the ECU's or whatever they are called.