Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ZeroHydro Fuel or Volo

Did my 200+ mile highway run today.... Results are sad.. very sad.... Barely cracked 18MPG with FS2 and HHO. To be honest, I got better MPGs without the FS2. Resetting the ECU as we speak. Just wish Danny from Volo would reply to my emails.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
    9 plate dry cell, cooler, twin bubbler, Volo FS2

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm considering getting either the VOLO or the AFC which Richard suggested.
    I suppose the questions I've got are:

1/ What are the general % improvements with either of them?

2/ How difficult are they both to set up?
    The volo is easy to set up just four wires that crimp on the the wires at the OBDII plug at your feet.

If I had the money I think I would go with the AFC?
    I would think it would be nice to have more control over the fuel injection.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
    Did my 200+ mile highway run today.... Results are sad.. very sad.... Barely cracked 18MPG with FS2 and HHO. To be honest, I got better MPGs without the FS2. Resetting the ECU as we speak. Just wish Danny from Volo would reply to my emails.
    He's a week behind on his Email responses.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

What is the AFC that you are referring to?? Is it better than the VOLO.So far I have see NO improvement with the VOLO. The AFR according to my ScanGauge stays at 14.6 until it goes ito open loop and then it goes to 13.8. That 14.6 with or without the VOLO!

AFC stands for air fuel controller. Apex'i is the maker of the unit. In the early 90s it's was a cheap and effective tuning device to dial in the correct AFR to make an some HP especially if you are running boost. ECU in newer cars are too smart for the AFC. If you try to lean it out, it will compensate and enrich the mixture.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

even though Im getting slight gains with the volo rather then a loss, as I did when I ran my HHO and nothing else. Im still not happy with it because Im in the dark as to what its doing. As far as the lights flickering, sending data and what not, it does the same thing when the car is off as it does when its running. i.e the datta light flickering every 30 seconds or so, even when I come out in the morning and look min the window, its in there talking to its self. So Im guessing its not sending data when it sees changes in the ECM. its just flashing it with something every 30 seconds. my guess, its soft flashing to the ecm every 30 or so seconds to a set configuration that would work with x amount of hho in your system. maybe my HHO output is what it was configured for?? maybe?? hell if i know. like I said, he wont answer the question "what exactly is it reading and sending?"
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I am with you Helz. I don't even know if the FS2 is even working properly on my CX9. Just like you, the data light flashes even when the engine is off. When it's running, it's not dynamic like it's advertised. Since I reset my ECU last night, I am gonna run another couple of hundred miles with HHO and FS2. If I do not see any improvements, I am going to diable HHO and run with FS2 only and see what happens.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

Ben, whats the output of that electrolyzer and how are the plates configured? how hot does it get? I wouldnt think you would need a cooling coil for one that small. Im willing to bet with its current configuration of the plates its very inefficient. Ya might be able to take it apart and reconfigure it to be more efficient, (ie less amps = less draw on your alternator) and still produce the same ammount of HHO.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygoldsmith View Post
    If the chip needs recorded info pre-hho, they should have more info on the chip available, showing what it uses and can use to establish its information.
    No that was not my point. My point was just to know what the Volo does by itself, Run just it for a few hundred miles. Then when your happy (Or not) knowing the FS is working. Then add HHO, and track what happens.

Personaly im running 3 tank full before i thnik about turning HHO on.

Sup Helz! My setup is in a 4x4 configuration with 9 stainless plates. I have an inline cooler in place and it's running at a cool temp. I know cuz my amp meter is holding steady @ 16-18 amp range. I didn't build the kit from scratch and bought it as complete kit from alternativempg.com. According to J. Miller, the owner of alternativempg, at that particular current, I should be producing 1-1.5 LPM. So I am on target with the kit's output. After my ecu reset from last night, I did notice an improvement just by looking at the fuel gauge. Today, I did about 100 miles (60% hwy and 40% city/suburb) and only consumed about a 1/4 tank. That's an improvement from yesterday where a 100 hwy miles consumed a 1/4 tank. Hopefully the combination of ECU and FS2 reset will start to work.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD