Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ZeroHydro Fuel or Volo

How did you reset the ECU? i have a Ford focus and just ordered the FS2. Hope to get it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ramcustom View Post
    How did you reset the ECU? i have a Ford focus and just ordered the FS2. Hope to get it next week.
    You don't normaly have to reset the ECU if you are installing the FS2.

He is doing it because he had several of his sensor disconected.

You can reset the ECU by disconnecting the car battery for About 20 minutes.
    Or by removing the fuse that feeds power to the ECU.

Dan at Volo told me it is not nessesary to reset the ECU.

Sorry about the spelling, this computer does not have spell check

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by hhoelectronics View Post
    Is this measured by the ODB2 gauge or real consumption at the gas station?
    When using the actual consumption method, by seeing how many gal./ltrs
    to fill. It's only accurate if you fill up at the same pump each time.
    I have found myself, depending on were I fill up as much as a gallon or two difference. Even if I use the same island same side from one pump to the one in front of it, it makes a gallon diffence.
    This is due to how level or not my truck is sitting on the pad. At one pump it's level, move the truck up to the next pump and my front wheels are off the pad and the truck is tilted and the nozzel shuts of sooner.

This was driving me nuts at first, thinking my mileage was going down then up then down each time I filled and didn't use the same pump.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

got a responce from another email i sent

MY EMAIL:
    I have installed the Volo FS2 on my 08 Dodge Charger. what is it doing to the ECM? is it compensating for 02, MAF, MAP sensors? and is it changing the timing at all? I dont have a dyno right now. If I knew exactly what it was doing it would give me a better idea of what else I can do to help make my car mo efficient with the HHO

THEIR RESPONCE:
    The FS2 will measure inputs from multiple sensors including MAP/MAF and O2, and adjust timing and fuel delivery. Thanks!

Dan
    Sales & Installation
    www.VoloPerformance.com
    We hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Is this measured by the ODB2 gauge or real consumption at the gas station?
    I do the math.

ALSO I fill up at the same gas station and try to hit the same pump every time just to be safe.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    When using the actual consumption method, by seeing how many gal./ltrs
    to fill. It's only accurate if you fill up at the same pump each time.
    I have found myself, depending on were I fill up as much as a gallon or two difference. Even if I use the same island same side from one pump to the one in front of it, it makes a gallon diffence.
    This is due to how level or not my truck is sitting on the pad. At one pump it's level, move the truck up to the next pump and my front wheels are off the pad and the truck is tilted and the nozzel shuts of sooner.

This was driving me nuts at first, thinking my mileage was going down then up then down each time I filled and didn't use the same pump.

Glen
    Yep, a pump can be 5% off before they legaly have to be adjusted. At least in GA.
    So that means your refills could be up to 10% off on pumps that are within limits. not to mention the other stuff you mentioned

I'll be hooking up my FS2 on my GMC 1ton van tomorrow. I'm Not to hopeful that it will change the MPG. because the shape my engine is in is pretty bad, but ill give it a try anyway.

2001 GMC Savanna 1 ton Box Van,
    Weight 9000Lbs, 9 feet tall with a 12 foot long box.
    MPG 9.4 average lately (Use to be close to 12MPG)
    I blew the head gasket (repaired with Blue devil stop leak stuff)
    One cylinder fouls the plug and burns a quart of oil every 500 miles
    220,000 miles on engine (basically needs a new motor)
    No HHO
    I suspect the O2 sensor is bad

Anyway I'll reset the CPU, change the plug, install the chip, drive 100 miles, top it off and see what i get.

thats huge. I know the Volo fs2 does something or Ide be losing MPGs because I have all my sensors all hooked up and im getting a 6 MPG gain with my system. as you can see from my signiture. when they were all hooked up and i had my hho on with no VOLO I lost about 5 MPGs
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    thats huge. I know the Volo fs2 does something or Ide be losing MPGs because I have all my sensors all hooked up and im getting a 6 MPG gain with my system. as you can see from my signiture. when they were all hooked up and i had my hho on with no VOLO I lost about 5 MPGs
    Glad to hear your gains are holding!
    Have you desided about buying the dry cell yet?

im actually making a small one tonight out of the plates i have for my bath cell. Ive torn it down and my plates are 6" tall 2.5" wide and have a hole at the top and bottom, that were for the bolts to hold it together but they are in perfect placement. I have 4 plates with rased tabs to bolt power to and 6 N plates. im thinking I+NNN-I-NNN+I (I = 1/2 inch plexy). like having 2 small dry cells side by side. and Im using that clear stuff Smack uses for his gaskets, that sh1t that hangs in freezer doors. its like a little over 1/16" thick.

But yea in the long run Im going to have a 6x6 cell made. I think I like busters Idea the best.
    www.hhounderground.com