Thread: Pure Hydrogen from electrolyzer

waterbug Guest

Pure Hydrogen from electrolyzer

I have been trying to build HHO generators for some time without much success. I do have success tho with a Zero PMW. The recurring problem I see is that introducing O2 with the Hydrogen causes the sensors to inject more fuel to overcome the excess. and then we have to compensate with EEIFE. Recently, in my web searching on the subject, I ran across the fuelcellstore.com web site. There is a "stack on" unit AS15 that produces .25 L of pure Hydrogen per minute at 7amp 12V. O2 is produced in another chamber. This is 15 L Hydrogen per hr and 7.5 L O2 per hr. Not much .75 L of HHO per minute. BUT, if only Hydrogen is introduced into the intake, there will be no need to try to fool the computer.

These units can be chained or "stacked" for more production. The store is dedicated to fuel hydrogen cells and also sells a pressurization tube for 30 psi output. These are cheaper than most units I've seen.

From what I've read HHO offers a way more potent form of cumbustion then hydrogen alone

gasoline 76 ft/sec
    hydrogen 78 ft/sec
    Oxygen 0 ft/sec
    HHO 8164 ft/sec

(these numbers are ball park)

Oxygen acts an accelerator

I don't see much advantage in burning only hydrogen

I have found that the only time the EFIE is needed in my 1990 Ford Bronco II, OBD1, is at idle, once the (TPS) throttle position sensor takes over the CPU runs in open loop.

Unplug your 02 sensor, warm the engine up and run it at 2500rpm, check the leads for current, if you find 0.9VDC or greater, your engine is running rich. Less then 0.2 your running lean.

Jager
    1990 Bronco II 2.9L v6 (HHO) 22mpg
    1994 Camery 2.3L i4 (HHO) 34mpg
    1997 Ford Prope GTS 2.5L 24V V6 31mpg

Even iff you remove the O2 (h2 only) your sensors will send bad signals

Adding pure H2 will not get past the ECU O2 sensor. Because, the ECU always meters the air/fuel ratio at 14.7/1. Assuming that this is the perfect ratio for combustion (it's not but the ECU sets it there anyway) it means that for every 14.7 units of air that is consumed in combustion, 1 unit of fuel is consumed. If you add a few units of H2 to this rato it must combine with some of the air to combust. That air has to come from the 1 unit reserved for the fuel leaving the fuel incompletely combusted. By adding HHO you are effectively adding an additional fuel, the H2, along with it's own oxidizer, the O2, at it's own perfect ratio for combustion. This leaves the original 14.7/1 ratio in tact.
    Red Rat

HHO vs HH

You'll notice that the HHO carries it's own oxygen, exactly enough for a complete burn. Gasoline or diesel uses the oxygen in the air, in a proper ratio, to achieve the perfect ratio. Nitrogen in the air prevents the "explosion" you see when you ignite HHO or even gasoline and pure oxygen. If you add HH to the mix without decreasing gasoline or increasing air, you will get a rich mixture.

What you see happening with the electronic controls on modern engines is clearly not the oxygen which is consumed, but the action that occurs when a small amount of hydrogen is introduced into the combustion chamber. The fast flame point of the hydrogen creates a more efficient combustion which leaves a cleaner exhaust. This is where the problem comes from. The exhaust is "leaner" and that causes the CPU to increase fuel ratio.

Try making sure that the HHO generator is off when the throttle is closed either by using a throttle switch or manually turning it off while idling. When engine is idling there is the same production of HHO with a meager amount of gasoline. This is where most of the faulty readings from the O2 sensor come from. Personally I use a momentary on/off switch and route my ground from the relay to it. This way when the throttle is closed the unit is off. Be careful doing this though. You don't want to add something that may cause the throttle to stick open.

Good luck!

What you see happening with the electronic controls on modern engines is clearly not the oxygen which is consumed, but the action that occurs when a small amount of hydrogen is introduced into the combustion chamber. The fast flame point of the hydrogen creates a more efficient combustion which leaves a cleaner exhaust. This is where the problem comes from. The exhaust is "leaner" and that causes the CPU to increase fuel ratio.
    Artnesmith Sir, a leaner condition in the exhaust must mean more O in the exhaust and less unburnt gas. You want to reduce the O to make a rich condition in the exhaust so the ECU will inject less gas trying to bring it back to 14.7 to 1. That is why HH by its self has the potential of doing this by consuming more O. The ECU is limited in its ability to do this and you still have to stay within its adaptive learning abilities. To much either way will cause a problem and possibly throw a code and force it to go to a safe rich mode.

Personally I use a momentary on/off switch and route my ground from the relay to it. This way when the throttle is closed the unit is off. Be careful doing this though. You don't want to add something that may cause the throttle to stick open.
    I see that this could be an additional way to help keep the exhaust in a slightly richer condition, but in all reactors they keeping making some gas( but less) for almost a minute after shut down. I would be interested in your results of using this method. Any data that you can post would be of interest. Thank Sir
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    From what I've read HHO offers a way more potent form of cumbustion then hydrogen alone

gasoline 76 ft/sec
    hydrogen 78 ft/sec
    Oxygen 0 ft/sec
    HHO 8164 ft/sec

(these numbers are ball park)

Oxygen acts an accelerator

I don't see much advantage in burning only hydrogen

Jager
    Don't know where you came by this information but the figures are certainly not even ballpark. It is quite common knowledge that hydrogen burns at around an order of magnitude faster that gasoline!
    Farrah

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts!