Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Sick of the Naysayers

PiTRiFF Guest

So Sick of the Naysayers

I installed my system and have had it running for about one month. I have not made any modifications other than running the stock system. I have a 95 Jeep Wrangler and have noticed a jump from 15mpg to 22.5mpg.

Upon announcing my first set of results at work I was instantly bombarded with articles on how its not possible for the cells to work. One Coworker explained to me that based on the energy I am using to create Hydrogen I am wasting my time. It is very frustrating to combat these arguments.

The article they sent me is this one.http://green.autoblog.com/2008/08/04...your-mileage/6

I really would like some of your input as to how best shut these guys up.

That article is completely missed the point of what is happening when you boost with HHO. Bad part is many folks who use HHO boosting dont understand how HHO works. so the debate get very muddy. While the energy loss part stated in that article is for the most part correct. That has nothing to do how this technology CAN increase your gas MPG. .

The way that guy wrote his article. His same reasoning would also apply to refining Gasoline from crude oil. Oil refineries do in fact use a lot of energy to refine gasoline. But they end up with something that burns better in a engine than crude does. By his logic refining crude would be counter-productive( but that is not the case, the energy used to refine is used smartly)

We are also using energy (the Alternator) to further change/refine gasoline so that burns Faster & more completely.
    70 % of the energy of gasoline being burned in a I.C.Engine goes out the exhaust or wasted buy heat... By changing or refining gasoline further with HHO, we hope to waste less energy out the exhaust and heat...

PiTRiFF Guest
    Im considering powering my system with a solar panel. If that is a success then the argument will be worthless

Quote Originally Posted by PiTRiFF View Post
    Im considering powering my system with a solar panel. If that is a success then the argument will be worthless
    See you are missing the point also.

It has NOTHING to do with the source of the energy.

Let's not forget the self proclaimed "Rocket Scientists" that quote the laws of Thermodynamics, Physics, & Conservation.

My answer to them is:

"Like all scientific theories, the laws of physics are incomplete.
    The conservation laws are particularly robust. Noether's theorem states that any conservation law can be derived from a corresponding continuous symmetry.
    In other words, so long as the laws of physics (not simply the current understanding of them, but the actual laws, which may still be undiscovered) .... Oh but wait, you are a GENIUS and you KNOW that all the laws of physics have been discovered and applied. Oh well I guess this is all you can ever be. How boring. You might as well kill yourself"

Obviously you are on the wrong forum there. Why bother sharing anything with those who spend more time criticizing than experimenting. I would just keep the benefits of my experiment to myself & share them in a forum which can appreciate them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

PiTRiFF Guest
    I wasnt in another forum. These comments I am getting are from my Co Workers. What do you expect from Network Admins?

Quote Originally Posted by PiTRiFF View Post
    Upon announcing my first set of results at work I was instantly bombarded with articles on how its not possible for the cells to work. One Coworker explained to me that based on the energy I am using to create Hydrogen I am wasting my time. It is very frustrating to combat these arguments.

I really would like some of your input as to how best shut these guys up.
    Sure the cells/gen might not be energy efficient regardless the increase/improvement in MPG is there. In a nut shell savings$$$ are being made at the pump. Dont be frustrated hold firm to what you know regardless of their arguments which are based on ignorants and miss information. While your saving$$$ on fuel and blowing cleaner emissions their spending more $$$ and blowing more dirty emissions. This might shut them up or spark more interest and open their minds.....

hhonewbie - Please don't say things like that here, or anywhere else in the hho community. That sort of nonsense only hurts the cause. This is NOT one of those "the truth shall set you free" situations - it's a "The laws of physics will prevail" situations. NEVER in science do you "hold firm to what you know regardless of their arguments". HHO is governed by SOME sort of science, is it not? If it is, then you have to remain open minded and expirement and VERIFY to the skeptics your findings. NEVER do you just bulldoze through and call them ignorant for not believing a LACK of knowledge... You sound like a cult member hell bent on converting the world to something that already comes across as flakey. Also, stop it with the "$$$" jibberish. The only places you see people use that sort of "language" are in scams. Like I said, that sort of rhetoric only discredits the real ingenuity going on in this forum.

PitRiFF, as for your results, can you publish them here? I love empirical data. It is the ammunition in the firefight of science. Posting hard data is a million times more convincing than just saying "I got a 50% increase in gas mileage by hooking this gadget up to my car".

POST!

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    hhonewbie - Please don't say things like that here, or anywhere else in the hho community. That sort of nonsense only hurts the cause. This is NOT one of those "the truth shall set you free" situations - it's a "The laws of physics will prevail" situations. NEVER in science do you "hold firm to what you know regardless of their arguments". HHO is governed by SOME sort of science, is it not? If it is, then you have to remain open minded and expirement and VERIFY to the skeptics your findings. NEVER do you just bulldoze through and call them ignorant for not believing a LACK of knowledge... You sound like a cult member hell bent on converting the world to something that already comes across as flakey. Also, stop it with the "$$$" jibberish. The only places you see people use that sort of "language" are in scams. Like I said, that sort of rhetoric only discredits the real ingenuity going on in this forum.
    You lack faith and you fall short because you avoid getting to the point. The science you rely on clouds your mind and only prevents you from progress. You discredit yourself by avoiding and getting to the point. Alot of people dont have as much money as you might have, but its not going to stop them trying to improve MPG and save money at the pump isnt that what its all about when boosting a vehical with HHO