Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this It?? Volo FS2

Is this It?? Volo FS2

The new Chip made for HHO. Volo FS2
    http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.ya...hoedition.html

Plugs into the OBD2 plugs receptacle and no more ...

I really dont have any idea what they took under consideration when making this. I'm wondering if they have even tested it yet. Anyway it is new and they are selling it. Maybe this FS2 is the answer that many HHOers have been looking for.

Anybody have anymore info or links to any more info on ether of these Volo Fuel Saver chips?

Looks very appealing, I own a OBD1 car. These are limited to OBD2 applications only..
    I also own a 97 Probe GTS with OBD2, I'll be installing a dry cell, PWM and a VOLO FS2 when I decide to run HHO.

I love the concept!!
    1990 Bronco II 2.9L v6 (HHO) 22mpg
    1994 Camery 2.3L i4 (HHO) 34mpg
    1997 Ford Prope GTS 2.5L 24V V6 31mpg

I see issues with this device because:

When sensor signals are tweaked to trick the computer into thinking that it is receiving more fuel in order to get the computer to add less fuel... the typical corresponding logic from the computer is to advance the timing. You don't want that to happen for obvious reasons. This is just a glorified signal injection device, not an actual reprogrammer.

You want to add less fuel and retard ignition timing. All this OBDII talk makes me glad my car is OBDI, 94 and Japanese designed.

I have the FS1
    Which was/is also for HHO and gas savings without HHO.
    With just the FS1 and NO HHO, I'm seeing a 13% improvement in mileage.
    I have not finished making my cell. Anyway I want to get a good mileage baseline before installing the HHO cell.
    It is building up slowly. I put it in on Aug the 21 so it's been a complete
    week. Dan the owner advised me It will continue to improve.
    I saw the new one It just came out this week, wish I knew it was coming out. i would have gotten the FS2.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I see issues with this device because:

When sensor signals are tweaked to trick the computer into thinking that it is receiving more fuel in order to get the computer to add less fuel... the typical corresponding logic from the computer is to advance the timing. You don't want that to happen for obvious reasons. This is just a glorified signal injection device, not an actual reprogrammer.

You want to add less fuel and retard ignition timing. All this OBDII talk makes me glad my car is OBDI, 94 and Japanese designed.
    It doesn't enhance any of the sensors! it's not an enhancer or EFIE.
    It uses new maps for the vehicles computer to use.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    It doesn't enhance any of the sensors! it's not an enhancer or EFIE.
    It uses new maps for the vehicles computer to use.
    Oh really?! Ok, well I wrote some stuff then deleted it. Good luck with your FS2 and let us know how it works out.

I don't have an FS2

i emailed them before they had the FS 2 and asked about timing retarding with the FS1 still waiting for a response.

Heres the reponce

I have a few question pertaining to these chips. I dont think my O2 sesor are working right on my 2001 GMC Savana van because my MPG has droped to about 9 MPG. It does not though a code so im not sure.

1. is there an way to turn the chip off?
    2. Do the O2 sensors have to be in top working condition or working at all for these chips to save fuel?
    3. The GMC Savana van i have has 2 different O2 sensors available for it. one for trucks over 8500 lbs and one for vans under 8500 lbs. Will it matter with one i have for your chip?

4 do these retard timing or advance timing. because im interested in adding HHO?

Thanks Roland Jacques

To turn the device off, power must be disconnected (red or black wire).
    Yes, you must have a working O2 sensor for the Volo Chip to function properly.
    I'm afraid I can't answer your third question. I would suggest you inquire at your local automotive parts dealer.
    Timing is adjusted dynamically across many load points,
    check out the FS2 for HHO compatibility.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post

I do wish they had more Info on how exactly the FS2 will work with HHO.
    Yes me too, it would be good to know exactly how it is done.

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    Yes me too, it would be good to know exactly how it is done.

Glen
    Man, i just read your link, WOW, Some folks have got great results with that FS1. 50% on the hwy!

And your 13% average gain right out of the box is awesome.

It really sounds like the magic bullet that some of us have been looking for.
    I'm bummed they dont have them for my mini vans.
    I'm ordering a FS2 for my big 1 ton.