Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is this It?? Volo FS2

Quote Originally Posted by Texasdriver View Post
    I do feel like a bit of a tool for paying $30 for this product. But if it works well, then I'll be able to live with it.
    what did you pay $30 for?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I do feel like a bit of a tool for paying $30 for this product. But if it works well, then I'll be able to live with it.
    Well someone had to bit the bullet, for science!!
    Yet us know how it turns out.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

what the heck did he buy???????
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I picked up one of these FS2s, and a ScanGauge 2. I will be able to get some baseline readings, but.. any idea if it is possible to run the SG2 and the FS2 at the same time? Maybe I could build a Y-harness for the ADLC... so that I don't have to hack up the connectors on my new toys. Or just shove wires into the connectors and do it the dirty way.
    WTB dry cell for my 1.8L Toyota Corolla. Looking for a 7 plate setup +nnnnn-. I only need the cell itself. PST with pictures of any available kits.

the FS2 doesnt plug into the OBD2 plug, its tapped into 4 wires just behind the plug. your scan tool should plug into the OBD2 plug itself. no hacking required
    www.hhounderground.com

from what i have gathered it is altering the fuel maps and changing them to use hho. If i have read this right it changes back and forth between maps for on/off hho and difference loads from what the sensors are reading at the time. But I am almost sure that it doesnt save any maps like a performance chip does. With the FS2 it keeps changing to make the maps better. For example, it will change from winter weather to summer weather and not stay the same to get the same gains as it did or better. I am still trying to pick apart my professors brain on the FS2 so I will let you know when i get it back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    from what i have gathered it is altering the fuel maps and changing them to use hho. If i have read this right it changes back and forth between maps for on/off hho and difference loads from what the sensors are reading at the time. But I am almost sure that it doesnt save any maps like a performance chip does. With the FS2 it keeps changing to make the maps better. For example, it will change from winter weather to summer weather and not stay the same to get the same gains as it did or better. I am still trying to pick apart my professors brain on the FS2 so I will let you know when i get it back from him.
    Cool
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    what did you pay $30 for?

A liquid electrolyte. NCE (Non-Caustic Electrolyte). They're charging $19 for the NCE and $9.95 for S/H. You can see it here.

http://www.deitechnology.com/orderpaypal.htm
    2008 Honda Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by methaneb View Post
    I picked up one of these FS2s, and a ScanGauge 2. I will be able to get some baseline readings, but.. any idea if it is possible to run the SG2 and the FS2 at the same time? Maybe I could build a Y-harness for the ADLC... so that I don't have to hack up the connectors on my new toys. Or just shove wires into the connectors and do it the dirty
    way.

I believe the FS2 comes with a conector to plug directly into the OBDll. But like you and the rest of us you'll have your scangage pluged in. In which case you'll just tap into the wires behind the plug. Here's the wire protocal tool for the FS2. Makes installing and conecting to correct wires very easy.

http://hydrogengarage.com/ds2install.html
    2008 Honda Civic EX

I believe the FS2 comes with a conector to plug directly into the OBDll. But like you and the rest of us you'll have your scangage pluged in. In which case you'll just tap into the wires behind the plug. Here's the wire protocal tool for the FS2. Makes installing and conecting to correct wires very easy.

http://hydrogengarage.com/ds2install.html
    No the FS2 doesn't plug into the OBDII port! It comes with splice wire connectors. The type you put the two wires in and squeeze with a pair of pliers. The connector splice punches metal prongs through the wires insulation
    and touches the copper wire, thus joining the wires together.

I have the FS2 and a ScanGauge in my truck!

Glen