Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HHO Alternative uses

gasmakr Guest

HHO Alternative uses

I was just responding to a thread in general discussions about a future project I'm getting ready to work on. An HHO system to heat a steam boiler to heat my home in the winter and I thought to myself what other uses could we have for this wonderful gas......so I started this thread just for that purpose. What kind of far out there ideas do you guys have fore future uses of HHO. Automotive, home, industry or anywhere else?

Ronjinsan Guest

Sensible

Hi Gasmkr

I still think that it's obvious place is in the internal combustion engine. Just now the Arabs are going to come clean and tell us that they aint got no more and all of a sudden over 600 million motor cars suddenly become lumps of metal. We have to work harder to find a way so at least some of us dont get caught! Having said that I still think that my original idea which one of our members scoffed at very quickly, was to produce HHO using wind or solar power through a battery bank into an array of cells and directing the HHO from there directly into a nice 5 or 7kva generator! I cant imagine why said member thought I was joking, its a perfectly feasable idea! Or am I totally up a tree....tell me dammit!

gasmakr Guest
    NAAAAA I don't think your up a tree....not yet anyway it sounds like a perfectly feasable idea. Alot of work to set it up but once you get it going it should work pretty smooth.

I had another thought...I have family members who use liquid propane gas to burn in thier cooking stove. If you could make enough gas to burn in a steam boiler to heat your house you could probobly use the same cell setup in the kitchen also.

CHRISTOPHER Guest

nice

nice to see we talkin about other things to do with hho and i like both ideas i just think that the amount of hho you would need to run a generator or a gas stove would be more than you could produce by a long shot. I would love to try the stove idea (think i might) but i am no entirely shour that its going to work. I have tryed running 125cc engin on 1.7 L/min and it fired like 3 times but wourld not idel at all so i think just to idel it you would prob need 4-5 L/min and that is pretty imposible at this stage but thats just my thought i would love to be proven wrong.

Ronjinsan Guest

To prove you wrong! LOL

gasmakr Guest

Talking

Yeah I seen that one ron.... and this one proves you can make at least 5.5 liters of hho a min.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFrkHFmjx0c

Ronjinsan Guest
    Jeeeez yeah but look at the amount of kit he's using! I dont have enough room or power under my bonnet.......maybe I should buy a trailer and another one for batteries......oh yeah and one for alternators..

gasmakr Guest
    If your talking home use like I soon will be this guy is my hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrbfNsPRJd0

mangyhyena Guest
    You all are talking about using HHO in a steam boiler. Why not use it to heat the boiler that runs a steam engine that runs a generator? Perhaps a closed loop system could be accomplished.

If not a completely closed loop system, then how about using a parabolic setup to heat/preheat the water and then using HHO to take the heat high enough to run the steam engine?

mangyhyena Guest
    "We have to work harder to find a way so at least some of us dont get caught!"

I would suggest you go to this site. http://www.permaculture.com/ It's about distilling alcohol and using it for fuel in your vehicle. Before you start listing all the things you think you know about alcohol as a fuel I'll say that I didn't think it was a viable option either. But after doing some reading I realized some of the information I've gotten about alcohol was just plain wrong. Anyway, the link is there if you want to take a look for yourself.