Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HHO Alternative uses

1973dodger Guest
    Perhaps we are looking at this thing all wrong. Perhaps we should continue to keep the hho as a catalyst and consider using other fuels as our prominent fuel, since hho will virtually vaporize what it comes in contact with given the proper ratios of hho to the type of fuel being burned. I plan in the near future to do some experimenting on a an old 3.5 briggs mower i have with different fuels. Any suggestions on types of ready available fuels to try. My first thoughts is to try waste veg. oil and waste motor oil after running through a filter process, then mixing with some different quanities of gasoline to acheive the proper viscosity.

1973 dodger

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Jeeeez yeah but look at the amount of kit he's using! I dont have enough room or power under my bonnet.......maybe I should buy a trailer and another one for batteries......oh yeah and one for alternators..
    HHO Generators do not have to be vertical to produce HHO.

In fact the tall slender cells in the video, would work better if layed down into horizontal tubes, as they are more likely to stay better submerged, as water burns away.

I'd bet you have more than enough room to double the size of the generator seen in the video link, and array them under your car seats, set side by side horizontally!

Besides a possible scissors jack, one quarter, and three loose pennies, what do you have under the car seats?

It is basicly wasted space, that could be put to good use!

And you'll be twenty eight cents richer, just for trying.

HydroFarmer Guest

Stationary Engine

Hello all, this my first reply to the forum. I'm currently working on a stationary engine idea using a 1 kw (1000 watts) Onan propane genset. My goal is to operate this genset on near 100% hydro gas if possible. Of course a couple of things will need to be done to to accomplish this 1. adjust timing to tdc. 2. injection of hydro gas into the carburetor at a specific point.
    Currently I've tried injecting into the air inlet of the carb for which there was little measureable results.. I think the my electrolyzer is a bit small.
    My electrolyzer is and 8 cell, 16 plate s.s. electrical plate covers that have been cross hatched sanded and cleaned. The setup currently is using sodium hydrox,(lye). 12vdc @ 15-17 amps.
    When in operation the electrolyzer operates throught a pressure switch, maintaining a range of 6-15 psig(on-off cycle). Using a constant 6 psig in the supply line. Then through 2 bubblers and using a 20ga. needle syringe to inject directly into the carburetor.

These are the current unknowns:

1. Amount of hydrox gas needed to maintain a 5 hp engine.
    2. Finding a balance with this unity issue.
    3. Adjusting the timming to use both propane and hydrox.
    4. Adding a PWM to the system to improve efficiency.

My ultimate challenge will be to upsize this idea to a 1.5 to 2 litre 4cylinder engine and use the electrical and the water cooled section to heat water for home heating and domestic hot water..

Let's keep this one going with just facts so we don't get confused with the fictional hydroxy issues that are out here.

Thanks all.

HydroFarmer Guest
    Has anybody out there used HHo gas in a bunsen burner or standing flame application . HHO is easy enough to produce however , other than injecting it into the intake of a motor ,what else can we do with this gas with the fuel and oxygen going down the same supply line..

Quote Originally Posted by HydroFarmer View Post
    Has anybody out there used HHo gas in a bunsen burner or standing flame application . HHO is easy enough to produce however , other than injecting it into the intake of a motor ,what else can we do with this gas with the fuel and oxygen going down the same supply line..

ok have used hydoxy to run a bbq(mid sized) last week - were going to though out bbq anyway. Hooked up three of my gens to get it to work, didnt work that bad either.

and have tried a 3hp lawnmower with the tree gen setup, ran ok too but no high rpm, we got around 2200 rpm. - drilled and tapped a hole in the car so it would suck right in like a vacuum and that put a hose into the air fliter which we partially taped off.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

lawnmower

you ran the lawnmower entirely off of hydroxy? or was there also gasoline in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknikL View Post
    you ran the lawnmower entirely off of hydroxy? or was there also gasoline in it.
    no gas just hydroxy.

the carb was f'ed up and didnt want to spend more money on it so didnt matter if worked or not.

but since have gotten up to full rpm and power with 5 gens on it.

need bigger gens!
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Super Fuel FX Guest
    What were you using for a power source for the gen's? I would love a pic of this! Sweet work Toyota!

yeah!

Please post a pic.

how many LPM are the gens?

it's be nice to see how much hho is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuel FX View Post
    What were you using for a power source for the gen's? I would love a pic of this! Sweet work Toyota!
    at first we used 2 batts in parallel - 12V and a battery charger.
    and the gens were hooked through a hd block than to batts.

but when we had all 5 hooked - was connected via booster cables to a truck - pulling about 18 - 20 amp and 12.7V each(yes hard on alt).

My gens produce around 1.5 LPM - did not test all 5 hooked but tested 3 and produced just over 4 LPM together. but going to guess 5 = 6 LPM or more.

Dont have pic right now but will take pics nect time - cause i think i can do better.

my gens are 5 plate 4" pvc.

starting to hate pvc!!

want to go to dry but cant afford since i quit my job.

and it was only a 3 hp lawn mower.

someone gave us a 18hp rider for free (old but runs kinda) and want to mod carb for HHO not liquid gas.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknikL View Post
    Please post a pic.

how many LPM are the gens?

it's be nice to see how much hho is required.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)