Thread: Help me make my cell more efficient

Help me with my first cell

Hello,
    This is my first post in this forum! Anyway, I am trying to get a good (decent) system working but for now I want to configure a wet cell. Here is what I have so far...

-17 SS Outlet Cover Plates
    -12 V 30 Amp PSU
    -Great Wet Cell Container
    -Tubing
    -Washers/Spacers
    -10 Gauge Wire
    -Other Misc Parts

So using these supplies I configured a quick wet cell as described like this

+NNN-
    +NNN-
    +NNN-

All of the - are connected and all the + are connected (I guess that makes it parrallel)

So running off of 12 volts at 15 amps I measured .35 LPM. Thats not very good is it? How could I improve this cell to produce what it can best possibly produce? I am willing to buy new things and completely take it apart... Dry cells will be in the future but Im not quite ready yet (I don't understand them enough yet).

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I can post pics if needed

Ok, I decided to scrap the wet cell idea and move dirctly onto dry cells. Basically I am still using the outlet cover plates with .040 shower pan liner as membranes, I cut slots in the corner of the plates with my dremel for a wire hook up, am using a -NNNNN+NNNNN- setup, and 1/2 inch acrylic for the endplates with 1/4 inch hose hookups. I hope it works out allright! Is there any advise you would tell me? I can build it, but I have no idea on how to operate a dry cell...