Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm new and need help!

Dewayne Guest
    It's better to put the relay off the fuel pump circuit (if you have an electric fuel pump.)
    If the engine is turned off or the engine dies the power is cut off to the fuel pump.

I got it all wired up over the weekend and it worked great! I can't believe I didn't learn this earlier! I can think of so many electrical applications I've done in the past where this would've made things so much easier!
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

AmosC Guest
    To peovent the glass jar from blowing up use a uased press blanket from a prant shop it will blow the top off befor it blows the glass apart.
    amosc

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne View Post
    It's better to put the relay off the fuel pump circuit (if you have an electric fuel pump.)
    If the engine is turned off or the engine dies the power is cut off to the fuel pump.

I agree. The diagram needs a couple small corrections though.

The first 25 amp fuse should be between the relay and the battery. Also, there is no need for the second fuse because it's all in series.

There is also no need for the power switch.

My father called me last night and I helped him wire up his Suburban over the phone. It worked great for him as well. I really think this relay thing is the way to go!
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

No gains.

Jimbo61 Guest
    So we took it outside and he held the lighter up to the spout. BOOOM!!!!!!! It exploded into smitherines!!! It was loud too!! Electrolyte and glass shards went everywhere!! YES, glass is DANGEROUS!! What an explosion though!

Only one word to say about doing that kind of test....HINDENBURG...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo61 View Post
    So we took it outside and he held the lighter up to the spout. BOOOM!!!!!!! It exploded into smitherines!!! It was loud too!! Electrolyte and glass shards went everywhere!! YES, glass is DANGEROUS!! What an explosion though!

Only one word to say about doing that kind of test....HINDENBURG...
    Exactly. Ha, ha, ha!

No gains.

RMForbes Guest
    To prevent wires from melting and posible fire install the fuse as close to the battery as posible.

Dewayne Guest
    I have updated my drawing, see above